Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Your server must be dead or sth. I never had problems finding FATE train groups when I did Pagos back in March 2020.
    Pyros has a higher mob density than Pagos but Hydatos is much more relaxed.

I'd rather not request my playtime... though half if it is probably my cat AFKing in front of her fireplace or in the bathtub.
    I think it wasn't popular here. Anemos still has some fate trains mostly chasing stuff like the t rex mount i guess, now and then gilfarmers chase the rabbits in Pagos but you step in Pyros? its dead. Completely. It feels like that "slowwalk through a pack of morbols then wait for the one shotting gryphones turn to look away to give you enough time to run and click a thing and port out" was such a gatekeeper either literally or from word of mouth folks didn't bother.

To be honest i think i've seen two finished Eureka relics ever. Me i just want to one day get the Osma mount since he's my favourite secret boss in the series.

Man i am shocked how quick the levelling in ARR is now. I made an alt just to see since my main is basically just capping tomes at this point and in 2 days i got from a sprout at lvl.1 in Limsa Lominsa to a lvl.49 Summoner in Mor Dhona doing the quests leading up to the Castrum and Preatorium. Granted thats still a lot of patch content between there and Heavensward bu man they really shaved it down time wise. It made it a lot easier to get through and revisit stuff i forgot like how there was a lot more scions back at the waking sands that all get murderered and you have to collect their bodies and take them to Thanalan for a burial. I know its been 7 years but that seems like something i would have thought i'd remember. Also super weird that Tataru, Thancred and Minfilia basically vanish just before titan and Yshtola and Alphinaux replace them. I wonder if thats some of the quest shaving down or i just never noticed the first time but its odd given how important they become later that they are just gone for half the levelling process of the base game.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Finally remembered /playtime exists. Total since 2013 is 5,722 hours and 17 minutes or 238 days. I think i've officially in both hours put in and years actually played FFXIV more than i played World of Warcraft as my main mmo. Boy that is a weird feeling.
    My FF14 is 500 hours.
    WoW is 5000 hours.

Replay FF14 story takes forever. It is not very alt friendly.
    WoW gives away free level 80 to 110. I end up with lots of alt.

The road to 70 is useless, because the content patch (2.1 to 2.5, etc) is too much.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-09-03 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man i am shocked how quick the levelling in ARR is now. I made an alt just to see since my main is basically just capping tomes at this point and in 2 days i got from a sprout at lvl.1 in Limsa Lominsa to a lvl.49 Summoner in Mor Dhona doing the quests leading up to the Castrum and Preatorium. Granted thats still a lot of patch content between there and Heavensward bu man they really shaved it down time wise. It made it a lot easier to get through and revisit stuff i forgot like how there was a lot more scions back at the waking sands that all get murderered and you have to collect their bodies and take them to Thanalan for a burial. I know its been 7 years but that seems like something i would have thought i'd remember. Also super weird that Tataru, Thancred and Minfilia basically vanish just before titan and Yshtola and Alphinaux replace them. I wonder if thats some of the quest shaving down or i just never noticed the first time but its odd given how important they become later that they are just gone for half the levelling process of the base game.
    its how it was before, the first scion you meet is based off your starting zone, but after that you just join each one slowly and learn more about them as you go. Yshtola is more focused on limsa stuff at the time of ARR so her being the one you do the titan stuff with isn't all that odd, while Tataru/Thancred/Minfillia are Ul'dah. When you go to do quests in Gridania areas you team up with Yda/Papalmyo.

Also the burial stuff is one of the small touches along the way that help establish Scions as not some all powerful thing. Theres alot of death throughout the story, but its usually only the main characters you remember.
    Last edited by Dugna; 2020-09-03 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    its how it was before, the first scion you meet is based off your starting zone, but after that you just join each one slowly and learn more about them as you go. Yshtola is more focused on limsa stuff at the time of ARR so her being the one you do the titan stuff with isn't all that odd, while Tataru/Thancred/Minfillia are Ul'dah. When you go to do quests in Gridania areas you team up with Yda/Papalmyo.

Also the burial stuff is one of the small touches along the way that help establish Scions as not some all powerful thing. Theres alot of death throughout the story, but its usually only the main characters you remember.
    Ah thats it. My main started in Uldah back in the day but i made this one in Limsa to get fast tank and heal jobs but man you forget how much certain characters like Thancred and Nanamo just don't show up much if you don't start in Uldah which at least story wise i do think is the better starting point for the story, particularly for all the Ala Mhigo stuff since Gridania and Limsa seem kind of forgotten to a degree after Ramuh and Leviathan.

I’m picking up where I left off: leveling a white mage in Stormblood. Anything I should know about the patch?
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2020-09-04 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I’m picking up where I left off: leveling a white mage in Stormblood. Anything I should know about the patch?
    If you're in Stormblood then nothing has really affected you from the patch. If you haven't played since Stormblood then there are a couple of class changes that has happened, mainly how lilies are gained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah thats it. My main started in Uldah back in the day but i made this one in Limsa to get fast tank and heal jobs but man you forget how much certain characters like Thancred and Nanamo just don't show up much if you don't start in Uldah which at least story wise i do think is the better starting point for the story, particularly for all the Ala Mhigo stuff since Gridania and Limsa seem kind of forgotten to a degree after Ramuh and Leviathan.
    then further in ARR once you start doing quests in the zones that border each place you get mixed teams, its a nice touch overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Throw stones until your arm gets limp and then throw some more.
    If AoE: spam holy until your group goes blind and then spam some more.

Only heal if absolutely necessary.

Community accepted FF-XIV healer gameplay in a nutshell.

New Shadowbringers short story was posted this morning (spoilers for 5.3 MSQ)

Spoiler: 
    If there was any doubt before, there is none now. The first Warrior of Light Elidibus was emulating - the figure he was flashing back to - was Azem, before the Sundering. Apparently Azem didn't wear his Amaurotine Mask (at least not while in that armor). Another reason why Azem was probably divisive.

I wonder how many of the other primals were created by Lahabrea. I also wonder how the Amalj'aa came to learn of Ifrit and adopt him as their god. Obviously not all primals were based off of Lahabrea's ideas, as the Bismarck primal was based off of a real thing. Ramuh might have been an old wizard who was kind to the Sylphs. Titan seems abstract enough (the embodiment of earth) that I think he was a Lahabrea concept. Dunno about the rest.

Hythlodaeus tailors the gender of our old selves to the same gender of our playable character, so Azem can be female too. I guess then that it's a good thing most FF art of him is fairly androgynous, but the WoL still looks more masculine than feminine. Not a problem if your character is male though I suppose.

While this is a pretty big reveal for our character, I cannot help but think this is also a reveal for Amautines as a whole. They were so massively tall that I could not possibly guess how they would have looked under their masks. But if Azem is any indication, they were basically just human but taller. This seems like the kind of stuff that should have been revealed in the MSQ rather than a short story only a tiny fraction of players will ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Hythlodaeus tailors the gender of our old selves to the same gender of our playable character, so Azem can be female too. I guess then that it's a good thing most FF art of him is fairly androgynous, but the WoL still looks more masculine than feminine. Not a problem if your character is male though I suppose.

While this is a pretty big reveal for our character, I cannot help but think this is also a reveal for Amautines as a whole. They were so massively tall that I could not possibly guess how they would have looked under their masks. But if Azem is any indication, they were basically just human but taller. This seems like the kind of stuff that should have been revealed in the MSQ rather than a short story only a tiny fraction of players will ever read.
    The MSQ in 5.3 does a pretty good job making that point clear, IMO. It doesn't spell it out explicitly, but the context and subtext going on in that stretch of quests when you return to Amaurot makes it seem like you wouldn't be experiencing those things, and hearing those things, or seeing those things unless you were someone who was intimately connected to the characters giving you those experiences, and there's only one logical reason for how that can be.

The short story just solidified it.

Whoever thought that Warriors Nascent Flash shouldn't need a second target to cast on was absolutely correct. That is all.

I've been getting back into the FFTCG lately and saw this up for preorder, had no idea it was coming out but its apparently entirely shadowbringers themed rather than a soup of all the games like it was with earlier decks/sets?

Kind of crazy to see them start putting out Emet Selch merch. Granted he's probably the most popular FF villain since Sepiroth or maybe Sin if you count it but still odd to see villains get merch outside of a brief period for Gabranth stuff. Hopefully he gets a bring arts figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of crazy to see them start putting out Emet Selch merch. Granted he's probably the most popular FF villain...
    I do not see him as a villain at all. Merely an individual acting in self interest.

He doesn't want to destroy worlds because he finds it fun, he does it because he deems it a necessity in order to restore his own.

I do not see him as a villain at all. Merely an individual acting in self interest.
    Isn't that a lot of FF villains though? just most of them go crazy along the way. I just look back and i think i've seen Ultamecia and Kuja get one figure each ever and thats about it. They have a line of XIV acrylic standees of the 'main party' and thats all the trust npcs from shadowbringers and emet as well. I'm not complaining since i think he is one of the better antagonists in the franchise and i would totally buy a figure of him like the one Yshtolas got coming i'm just used to the villains being kind of held back for dissidia cameos over the last twenty years.

Like shit i don't think i've seen them make any merch for ardyn or any villains of FFXI for example.

He doesn't want to destroy worlds because he finds it fun, he does it because he deems it a necessity in order to restore his own.
    Pretty sure a guy who wants to kill everyone living on all of the remaining shards for the chance that MAYBE Zodiark will bring his people back... is pretty evil? You realize that because your mind is warped and you have 'good intentions' it doesn't make what you're doing any less fucked up nor make you any less evil. Is it understandable? Yes, of course. His situation is very understandable. But keep in mind plenty of Emet's people did not agree with him and what he wanted to do, least of all Azem, who realized that Amaurotine's only cared about themselves, and their city, and thought nothing of sacrificing anything and everything else to their own selfish benefit.
    Last edited by La; 2020-09-17 at 10:59 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    least of all Azem, who realized that Amaurotine's only cared about themselves, and their city, and thought nothing of sacrificing anything and everything else to their own selfish benefit.
    This is stated nowhere in the game.

Edit : Maybe you chose to interpret what we learn about them that way, but it certainly isn't the way I interpreted it.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2020-09-17 at 11:40 AM.

That would be a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    This is stated nowhere in the game.

Edit : Maybe you chose to interpret what we learn about them that way, but it certainly isn't the way I interpreted it.
    Technically they do say the amourotines planned to foster the planet to be 'bursting with natural life' and then to sacrifice it to Zodiark to restore those who sacrificed themselves to summon him in the first place but a splinter group went against this saying the ancients had their time and instead of acting like gods it was better to let new life have a chance of their own. Along with all the "you are not fit to be the stewards of this star" and "you think your pale souls of equal worth to those i lost" certainly suggests the amourotines viewed themselves, in the majority at least, as something simply above all over life that only existed to service their own.