I miss playing. We need wow and ffxiv to combine into wowf

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe View Post
    I miss playing. We need wow and ffxiv to combine into wowf
    No. We really don't......

As someone who just hit 22 in FF14 I'm already having far more fun than I did in WoW.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-19 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Sorry but I really don't see how this is interesting or challenging open world content when it is not open world. It's just a locked circle in a map. There is nothing open about queuing to get locked into a circle to fight a boss, it may as well just be the usual circle room in an instance. I don't think changing the scenery is enough to change what it really is.
    I'm saying an open world boss is not really interesting because you can simply throw bodies at it until it dies. That's how Eureka worked, and that's how every boss FATE works.

There's no risk of losing so long as you have enough people to down it. With no risk comes no challenge.

For it to pose any semblance of a challenge, it can't be open world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    holy crap

+2 haste while doing Bozja isn't worth 8 mill gil to me so I guess I'll try to sell if I get an augment token
    Well, the alternative way to get one of those upgrade pieces is to buy them with a ludicrous amount of Bozjan coins. It's 999 Bozjan coins EACH for the Body and Legs, and I think 700 or something for the others. It's ridiculous. That makes a ludicrously high gil price tag inevitable, and understandable, IMO.

Also, Castrum is flat out not worth the effort IMO, outside of the quest. At least not right now when there are still so few people at the correct rank. Lose too much mettle, the mettle reward is not high enough to warrant the effort (unless it's a flawless run, which is impossible at this point) and the non mettle rewards are not impactful enough to warrant the time, effort, skill and most of all LUCK required to complete Castrum.

Had one pop last night and I didn't join but they used /sh to communicate so the whole instance knew how it was going. It started as a full 48/48 run, they wiped on the first boss and then half of them left, so on the second attempt they wiped again and then the timer ran out.

I'm currently only running Bozja as a somewhat mindless alternative to Trust farming on the jobs I don't have at 80 yet, if I still have time after I've done my beast tribes and roulettes. It's fun enough for that, as I'm still leveling my Resistance Rank, I get xp for my job, get lockboxes for a chance at some cosmetic rewards (got the Gabriel mount!) and some of the fights are actually really fun. That Red Chocobo is still wiping the floor with people, lol. And I still have yet to see a 1 v 1 CE get completed.

I guess it's datacentre dependent. Pretty much every Castrum run on Chaos has been smooth, outside of those that happened to have popped when there's just not enough people around.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Very different people you and me.
    When I played the demo I started in Thanalan... almost quite the game because I thought it looked so barren and ugly.
    I was used to WoW's cheerful colors and deserts never were my thing in any game.
    Oh, that reminds me
    @pepine

If you think the colors in FFXIV are too drab, I recommend using this Stormshade preset. Just turn everything off except the technicolor option and you're game will look a little more colorful (without overdoing) and you won't get any framedrops.

I don't recommend turning the other options on for normal gameplay, as they will cause framedrops (unless you have a ridiculously beefy machine, or you're playing at a more manageable resolution like 1920 x 1080 or something). They're more for gpose pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Well, the alternative way to get one of those upgrade pieces is to buy them with a ludicrous amount of Bozjan coins. It's 999 Bozjan coins EACH for the Body and Legs, and I think 700 or something for the others. It's ridiculous. That makes a ludicrously high gil price tag inevitable, and understandable, IMO.
    It looks like you're not really intended to farm Castrum 500 times just to buy the augments for one set. Rather, I think they want you to run it like 50 times so you can buy all of the sets, and hopefully you will have enough augmentation pieces to augment one set. And then if you're missing an augment piece to complete the augment set, you can buy it.

Also, Castrum is flat out not worth the effort IMO, outside of the quest. At least not right now when there are still so few people at the correct rank. Lose too much mettle, the mettle reward is not high enough to warrant the effort (unless it's a flawless run, which is impossible at this point) and the non mettle rewards are not impactful enough to warrant the time, effort, skill and most of all LUCK required to complete Castrum.
    Since I've joined this Castrum farm discord I've been doing Castrum fine. Finished the tank set and now starting on another (I think I'll go for a healer set?). All you do is you go to #lfg-castrum and you type ~queue dps and you'll be placed in a dps queue, and then eventually you will get pinged by a bot telling you to open up your party finder, click the private section, look for the group, and input the password to get in. An hour later castrum begins and you'll get a pretty much flawless run. I haven't had any wipes with these premades yet. I've also learned the mechanics and I'm not really dying anymore, starting to experiment with the DPS boosting items that lower your HP and stuff to speed up clear times. Hitting a boss for 230k in one hit is a lot of fun.

As for mettle, don't worry about that. You can't lose ranks, and once everybody has bought everything from cluster farming, we'll see more skirmish and critical engagement trains for the mettle and the achievements (people trying to get qualified for the duel).

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm currently only running Bozja as a somewhat mindless alternative to Trust farming on the jobs I don't have at 80 yet, if I still have time after I've done my beast tribes and roulettes. It's fun enough for that, as I'm still leveling my Resistance Rank, I get xp for my job, get lockboxes for a chance at some cosmetic rewards (got the Gabriel mount!) and some of the fights are actually really fun. That Red Chocobo is still wiping the floor with people, lol. And I still have yet to see a 1 v 1 CE get completed.
    That's what I'm trying right now. I got SMN/SCH to 80 over the weekend doing Bozja and the exp is pretty good. Honestly though, I think I still prefer Trusts. Not really sure why so many people seem to hate that system. I enjoy dungeons and it gives me time to really get a feel for the way the class plays as I approach max level. Plus, even after doing it so many times the novelty of being in a party with the boys Thancred, Y'shtola, Uriange, etc hasn't worn off for me yet. I suppose the lack of rewards outside of EXP and crappy gear is a turn-off.

It looks like you're not really intended to farm Castrum 500 times just to buy the augments for one set. Rather, I think they want you to run it like 50 times so you can buy all of the sets, and hopefully you will have enough augmentation pieces to augment one set. And then if you're missing an augment piece to complete the augment set, you can buy it.
    Oh, for sure. Problem is with how challenging it is to complete Castrum right now, those pieces are pretty rare too. That coupled with the ridiculous price tag on the vendor gives a kind of illusion that it's something super rare and difficult to acquire.

Since I've joined this Castrum farm discord I've been doing Castrum fine. Finished the tank set and now starting on another (I think I'll go for a healer set?). All you do is you go to #lfg-castrum and you type ~queue dps and you'll be placed in a dps queue, and then eventually you will get pinged by a bot telling you to open up your party finder, click the private section, look for the group, and input the password to get in. An hour later castrum begins and you'll get a pretty much flawless run. I haven't had any wipes with these premades yet. I've also learned the mechanics and I'm not really dying anymore, starting to experiment with the DPS boosting items that lower your HP and stuff to speed up clear times. Hitting a boss for 230k in one hit is a lot of fun.
    While this is great news, I don't care nearly enough about it to go through the effort. I only ever do the Normal raids a couple times and the rest is spent on leveling alts, running the 24-man, and the Experts. I don't need the i495 gear from Bozjan Front to do any of that.

As for mettle, don't worry about that. You can't lose ranks, and once everybody has bought everything from cluster farming, we'll see more skirmish and critical engagement trains for the mettle and the achievements (people trying to get qualified for the duel).
    Once I hit Rank 15 I probably won't care, but right now when I'm actually trying to level, losing mettle means I have to spend that much more time gaining back what I lost which is just irritating.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait Val your on Crystal? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    That's what I'm trying right now. I got SMN/SCH to 80 over the weekend doing Bozja and the exp is pretty good. Honestly though, I think I still prefer Trusts. Not really sure why so many people seem to hate that system. I enjoy dungeons and it gives me time to really get a feel for the way the class plays as I approach max level. Plus, even after doing it so many times the novelty of being in a party with the boys Thancred, Y'shtola, Uriange, etc hasn't worn off for me yet. I suppose the lack of rewards outside of EXP and crappy gear is a turn-off.
    My issue with Trusts is that the runs are super boring, because trash packs take so long. I don't hate it at all, they're just so bland that they get so repetitive and boring I just can't stand doing them over and over and over.

I've also leveled enough classes through dungeons and such at this point that I have the full set for every role from every dungeon, except Mt Gulg because I just don't have to run that one very much. The only reason I'd do Trusts is for the xp, and as nice as it is to have a reliable, grindable way to earn xp, that also has it's own "issue" in that you can very easily look at teh xp you earn and know just how many times you have to do it in order to level up. ie I have to do 4 more runs to get to the next dungeon. This doesn't even consider the NPC xp required to get them high enough to do the next dungeon.

I swear if I ever have to see Holminster Switch or Dohn Mheg one more time I'll thrown up.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Wait Val your on Crystal? o.O
    Brynhildr yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Brynhildr yes
    Yay for crystal buddies!

got to rank 10 in bozja so far all the CE are just easy dungeon level bosses. hopefully the next area adds more challenging ones that you can actually wipe on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    got to rank 10 in bozja so far all the CE are just easy dungeon level bosses. hopefully the next area adds more challenging ones that you can actually wipe on.
    * Looks at the Chocobo

Also you can easily wipe if you don’t have enough people for some of them.

Patriot Games, the math robot one, and Red Choctober are the most fun critical engagements IMO. The metal fox is also good.

Just got my second Bozja set (healer). 2 down, 5 to go. Still haven't seen an augment drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you have 150 to 180 clusters, don't use the hairstyle or the robot mount just yet. Sell them on the marketboard. You can still get like 1.8 million for the robot mount on Brynhildr, and the hairstyle still sells well. Be sure to become a ruthless undercutter and undercut by at 50k or more.

I got the Gabriel mount from a lockbox on my first day and I wish I hadn't used it. Could've gotten so much money if I had waited.

That being said, don't feel bad if you didn't get to cash in. If you get stuff and you want to make money off of it, you can throw it into your chocobo saddlebag and then in a few months, when Bozja isn't hot content anymore, you can put it up on the marketboard and you'll get a lot of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriot Games, the math robot one, and Red Choctober are the most fun critical engagements IMO. The metal fox is also good.

Just got my second Bozja set (healer). 2 down, 5 to go. Still haven't seen an augment drop.
    I should maybe work on getting the sets but needing to do so many fates and working makes it hard to find time for castrum -.-

Also a friendly reminder that you can farm for all four memories at once. You just need to accept the red/yellow/blue memory quest on one job and the green memory quest on another job, and all four will drop from Bozja. Wish I had known about that sooner, but through premade cluster farms I am getting tons of memories and I will soon have my third relic just from doing Bozja stuff (only did antitower farming for green memories for my first relic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also a friendly reminder that you can farm for all four memories at once. You just need to accept the red/yellow/blue memory quest on one job and the green memory quest on another job, and all four will drop from Bozja. Wish I had known about that sooner, but through premade cluster farms I am getting tons of memories and I will soon have my third relic just from doing Bozja stuff (only did antitower farming for green memories for my first relic)
    Maybe I’m just unlucky or my groups were doing shit at the cluster farm before castrum but when I was in the bottom section I would rarely get blue or red memories.

I hit up the red chocobo critical engagement for the first time, today...people weren't exaggerating about it being tricky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that reminds me
    @pepine

If you think the colors in FFXIV are too drab, I recommend using this Stormshade preset.
    Aye!
    I play with Re-Shade since the ARR days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    WIPING is very rare now. People know the mechanics and have become good enough at surviving.
    You can still die easily though, since most AoEs are instagibs unless you run the veteran pot.

As I said tho: these are not hard at all. Even the Chocobo basically has 3 mechanics to dodge. Figure them out and it'll be smooth sailing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Maybe I’m just unlucky or my groups were doing shit at the cluster farm before castrum but when I was in the bottom section I would rarely get blue or red memories.
    Yellow: lower zone, blue middle zone, red upper zone. They are basically zone specific. Green can drop in all 3 me thinks.

I'm rank 15 now.... no more reason to grind fates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yellow: lower zone, blue middle zone, red upper zone. They are basically zone specific. Green can drop in all 3 me thinks.

I'm rank 15 now.... no more reason to grind fates.
    I know they drop there but I’d be farming bottom zone and would get the occasional blue or red memory from the other people.