10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I know they drop there but I’d be farming bottom zone and would get the occasional blue or red memory from the other people.
    Ah okay, my mistake then.

I finally went to Bozja.

It's interesting content, but i worry about longevity and if it will be worth my time when i have so many jobs to max out still. I totally skipped Eureka after unlocking it cause i don't have time for it.
    My objective it to get every job to 80 and "catch up" basically.
    I know i can earn some xp in Bozja too, but i have not tested yet. Just diped my feet to see what it was all about.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-20 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I know i can earn some xp in Bozja too, but i have not tested yet. Just diped my geet to see what it was all about.
    You only get exp and mettle from doing the FATES: skirmishes and critical engagements. Farming non-fate mobs does not give you exp or mettle.

Memories have a very low chance of dropping from any non-FATE mob. If you have completed the red/blue/yellow memory farm, be sure to accept it again. You can farm for red/blue/yellow AND green memories at once.

Clusters drop from any rank III IVth Legion non-fate mob or above.

Awakenings (Lost items and actions) come from rare spawns and FATEs. Also from doing Castrum. Some Awakenings require you to be high rank to open. You will need a wide arrange of Awakenings to tackle the duels, so don't worry about those until later.

The character notes are random drops from FATEs and Castrum.

If you are trying to learn fights/grinding up to rank 10 for the story, then I'd recommend popping an Essence of the Platebearer, or any essence that increases your defense and HP. Cast protect on yourself for an extra 10%, and equip a Cure ability to heal yourself. That way you won't be one shotted while you learn the boss mechanics of the FATEs and critical engagements, and you won't die as often and therefore won't lose mettle as often. Once you've learned the mechanics, feel free to start using the damage dealing essences and banners that reduce your health.

Once you hit rank 10, you are eligible to run Castrum (the dungeon at the end), and you can also do the super fast cluster/memory farming routine. You want to join this this Castrum and cluster farm discord (if you are on Crystal. Here is one for Aether, and one for Primal) . All you do is you go to #lfg-castrum and you type ~queue dps and you'll be placed in a dps queue, and then eventually you will get pinged by a bot telling you to open up your party finder, click the private section, look for the group, and input the password to get in. The party leader will queue you up for Bozja, and once the whole premade is in Bozja, the premade spreads out and begins cluster farming (you will get way, way, way more than if you had just popped into Bozja by yourself and looked for a cluster farm inside it. You get memories from premade cluster farming way faster than if you had done HW fates) while waiting for Castrum to pop. An hour later castrum begins. They will explain the mechanics to you in voice chat and do callouts. You'll get a pretty much flawless run.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-20 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If you are trying to learn fights/grinding up to rank 10 for the story, then I'd recommend popping an Essence of the Platebearer, or any essence that increases your defense and HP. Cast protect on yourself for an extra 10%, and equip a Cure ability to heal yourself. That way you won't be one shotted while you learn the boss mechanics of the FATEs and critical engagements, and you won't die as often and therefore won't lose mettle as often.
    Far too many people do this. I need more blood for my Guardian Angel... :<

You only get exp and mettle from doing the FATES: skirmishes and critical engagements. Farming non-fate mobs does not give you exp or mettle.

Memories have a very low chance of dropping from any non-FATE mob. If you have completed the red/blue/yellow memory farm, be sure to accept it again. You can farm for red/blue/yellow AND green memories at once.

Clusters drop from any rank III IVth Legion non-fate mob or above.

Awakenings (Lost items and actions) come from rare spawns and FATEs. Also from doing Castrum. Some Awakenings require you to be high rank to open. You will need a wide arrange of Awakenings to tackle the duels, so don't worry about those until later.

The character notes are random drops from FATEs and Castrum.

If you are trying to learn fights/grinding up to rank 10 for the story, then I'd recommend popping an Essence of the Platebearer, or any essence that increases your defense and HP. Cast protect on yourself for an extra 10%, and equip a Cure ability to heal yourself. That way you won't be one shotted while you learn the boss mechanics of the FATEs and critical engagements, and you won't die as often and therefore won't lose mettle as often. Once you've learned the mechanics, feel free to start using the damage dealing essences and banners that reduce your health.

Once you hit rank 10, you are eligible to run Castrum (the dungeon at the end), and you can also do the super fast cluster/memory farming routine. You want to join this this Castrum and cluster farm discord (if you are on Crystal. Here is one for Aether, and one for Primal) . All you do is you go to #lfg-castrum and you type ~queue dps and you'll be placed in a dps queue, and then eventually you will get pinged by a bot telling you to open up your party finder, click the private section, look for the group, and input the password to get in. The party leader will queue you up for Bozja, and once the whole premade is in Bozja, the premade spreads out and begins cluster farming (you will get way, way, way more than if you had just popped into Bozja by yourself and looked for a cluster farm inside it. You get memories from premade cluster farming way faster than if you had done HW fates) while waiting for Castrum to pop. An hour later castrum begins. They will explain the mechanics to you in voice chat and do callouts. You'll get a pretty much flawless run.
    Thanks for all the info. I will try to incorporate it in my daily activities. I'm on Chaos though.

ok so i finished the bozja story and so far the only thing that was better than eureka was being able to queue into castrum. the zone was boring and they basically removed all the danger and exploration that eureka had and just turned it into a fate train zone. and worst of all no bunny fates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    and worst of all no bunny fates.
    Thank effin' God. I hated these bunnies. Never saw a useful chest anyway.

If it follows the same path as Eureka, then the next zone might have something along the same lines as the treasure rabbits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    If it follows the same path as Eureka, then the next zone might have something along the same lines as the treasure rabbits.
    Hmm do you really think we will get a next zone? Didn't do castrum yet, so I don't know whether the story is complete or ends on a cliffhanger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm do you really think we will get a next zone? Didn't do castrum yet, so I don't know whether the story is complete or ends on a cliffhanger.
    There is definitely more story to be told. I imagine we'll get 1 more zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in terms of zone design Eureka is miles better, but the Critical Engagements are far more fun than any of the NMs in Eureka were. I never got to do Baldesion Arsenal so I can't compare that to Castrum, but I enjoyed Castrum overall. Farming Skirmishes to spawn Critical Engagements is a lot more fun than farming mobs to spawn NMs in my personal opinion.
    Also saying that there is no danger is just false. Have you ever pulled a level 4 Wind Sprite? They'll basically 2 shot a non-tank and their range is so high that you can't run away from them in time. Basically any rank 4 or 5 monster is impossible to solo and a death sentence if you pull one while not on your mount.

I think it's considerably better than Eureka overall, but it does have room to improve.

Almost certainly. The story is set to continue, though it's up in the air as to where we go next. Depending on how much of a slow burn it is, it might even continue into 6.0 - much like how the current storyline is a sequel to Stormblood's Return to Ivalice quests.

Anyone got the dyeable tanking hood? Whats that look like in white or red? Hopefully it won't be dead content when I come back for savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Anyone got the dyeable tanking hood? Whats that look like in white or red? Hopefully it won't be dead content when I come back for savage.
    I turned the monocle off, and there there are two gpose lights from the sides for visibility purposes.

Non-dyed.

Dalamud red.

Snow white.

Well i got to my 4th relic to finish and this would be my healer one and for the first time ever i had to go with WHM. I just think i'm done with AST till it gets fixed again. I just can't stand it.

- - - Updated - - -

They haven't mentioned one but there is no way they can leave it where they do. For anyone with no plans to risk thousands of mettle, or interest in doing the zone in general: The traitor femroe has reclaimed Gunnhildrs blade Save the Queen which might be a Eurekan Weapon and used the auracite to go into the memories of the sword which functions somewhat like Odins. She twists the memories to make the primal version of Gunnhildr go from sad to hateful and summons her, she then tempers all of the soldiers we made relic weapons for and we retreat. Gabranth is fully seceding Bozja and Dalmasca from the Empire which he states is "doomed to fail" and Gunnhildr, the Auracite and the machine for making fake echo hypertuned are all in Bozja along with a full troupe of gunnhildrs blades now tempered by the primal dwelling inside Save the Queen

They can't just stop there, its reach MSQ levels of important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know. I am at 269 rezzes now. 71 in todays run... ugh.
    Poor kitty was completely beat.

Christ its back to youkai watch farming those relic fate materials in HW areas, roaming parties of BLU are insufferable.

I turned the monocle off, and there there are two gpose lights from the sides for visibility purposes.

Non-dyed.

Dalamud red.

Snow white.
    Thanks much Val.

I might have to login and do this to start building my sets. Been waiting a long time for a good hood for my PLD. The alternatives are either garbage or garbage.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Three days now and still haven't been able to sign up for Castrum. These last few patches have really managed to kill my excitement and interest in this game.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    There is definitely more story to be told. I imagine we'll get 1 more zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in terms of zone design Eureka is miles better, but the Critical Engagements are far more fun than any of the NMs in Eureka were. I never got to do Baldesion Arsenal so I can't compare that to Castrum, but I enjoyed Castrum overall. Farming Skirmishes to spawn Critical Engagements is a lot more fun than farming mobs to spawn NMs in my personal opinion.
    Also saying that there is no danger is just false. Have you ever pulled a level 4 Wind Sprite? They'll basically 2 shot a non-tank and their range is so high that you can't run away from them in time. Basically any rank 4 or 5 monster is impossible to solo and a death sentence if you pull one while not on your mount.

I think it's considerably better than Eureka overall, but it does have room to improve.
    ya you must not have done much eureka. i went through the whole zone and never once was anything threatening. castrum is way easier than BA because you can spam rez everyone and it's way shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Christ its back to youkai watch farming those relic fate materials in HW areas, roaming parties of BLU are insufferable.
    What's your problem with BLU in FATEs?