10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What's your problem with BLU in FATEs?
    They have a tendency to destroy the fate before anyone can actually get to the fate.

I managed to finish the Yo-Kai grind for the new weapons. Not too bad, really - I doubt I'll ever use them or the new mount but it makes my collection a little shinier, I suppose.

Now to...wait for 5.4, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    They have a tendency to destroy the fate before anyone can actually get to the fate.
    Just stay with the zerg. Problem solved.

step 1: its way more efficient to get the red relic from azys lla than area 3 of bozja, i'll go there
    step 2: well theres roaming BLU parties one shotting everything at a fate the second it spawns, so even if you get there you can't get enough credit to get a relic mat
    step 3: there is no step 3, just leave

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Just stay with the zerg. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    step 1: its way more efficient to get the red relic from azys lla than area 3 of bozja, i'll go there
    step 2: well theres roaming BLU parties one shotting everything at a fate the second it spawns, so even if you get there you can't get enough credit to get a relic mat
    The biggest advantage I remember having as a BLU was in zones where the FATE levels were close to 60, you don't have to Level Sync before you can start blasting away, which seems insignificant but in FATEs where mobs are melting, the difference between no credit and gold could literally be one GCD. And OMG are the chimera moves Dragons Breath and Rams Voice OP for FATES, not because of how much damage they do (which is great) but because those two together ensure you're hitting practically every mob in the area so you're almost guaranteed to get maximum FATE credit in two spell casts.

Also, with that said, I wasn't using any of the one shot moves and neither were any of the other BLU's in the area, because of exactly what you're referring to...it makes you an asshole. Everyone in the zone is there for the same reason. Saving 5 seconds on each FATE for your own personal gain to have the whole zone hate you is stupid.

The Dravanian Hinterlands is a better area than Azys Lla for the red relic items. The zone is much easier to navigate.

Just unlocked Black Mage and bloody hell Fire 3 hits like a truck....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    1) accept that you won't get the first 1-2 FATEs until you are part of the zerg.
    2) use a class with instant AoE (you don't need to play the class you're doing the relic for)
    3) AoE the crap out of the mobs, it's the number of hits that's relevant not the DPS you do.

I did it as DRK (Unleash spam) and WHM (Assize Holy spam), saw plenty of BLU, FATEs died super fast and I always got gold. Only time I didn't was on single target mobs when I was a bit late, due to me not being in a group. BTW: you can also get the red ones in Dravanian Hinterlands.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-10-22 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Three days now and still haven't been able to sign up for Castrum. These last few patches have really managed to kill my excitement and interest in this game.
    I did manage to finally snag a house but otherwise this patch hasn't added much for me.

That's fine, though. It's good to be able to take breaks and play other games. FFXIV has always been good to me in that regard.

They tag and kill everything fast, making it really annoying for those not in their party to get credit for the fates and the relic.

Was annoying for me too.

On another topic got to rank 7 in Bozjan and concluded i don't like it very much. Mostly because it requires a party to get any progress done rather than players coming together organicly in the world. Running around solo is dangerous and the rank 7 quest tells you to go to an area full of rank 5 mobs that 3 shot my paladin job. Of course, death means losing mettle, and i was rudely reminded why i left FFXI back in the day.

It seems to double as a deep dungeon. The XP is quite good, but overall i did not enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    the rank 7 quest tells you to go to an area full of rank 5 mobs that 3 shot my paladin job.
    You mean the Dullahans in the NE of the second zone?
    Like in Eureka, these are only there at night. During the day, the zone is empty.

Like in Eureka, these are only there at night. During the day, the zone is empty.
    You can also avoid them entirely by making your character walk rather than run. So long as you walk past them and not through them, headless enemies do not aggro.

Yeah i was in a group and someone told me. Guess i was unlucky. I completed it now. Reached rank 8 and unlocked the whole zone. I hear castrum is for rank 10. I just don't see the point of losing XP when dying. Always hated that. Oh well... it could've been worse. I was lucky i found a decent group and did quite a few engagements and fates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You can also avoid them entirely by making your character walk rather than run. So long as you walk past them and not through them, headless enemies do not aggro.
    O.o Never knew that!
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-23 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ah interesting. We had many of these in Eureka as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I just don't see the point of losing XP when dying. always hated that.
    Yeah, I don't know a single player that does or who likes it. Thankfully, this time the loss is very mild compared to what you get from FATEs.

Just went into the Haunted Manor for the Gold Saucer event and checked out the character transformations, and...

Shadowbringers spoilers
    Spoiler: 
    Alphinaud and Alisae are not among the possible transformations. So I'm guessing they will get to be the main characters of 6.0? They kinda took a backseat to Thancred, Ryna, Y'shtola, Urianger, and the Exarch in Shadowbringers. Also, they have never appeared in an expansion cinematic yet.

Interesting that Rihtahtyn got a transformation and not the other, more prominent Garlean generals did (like Gaius or Zenos). Leofard got transformation, but not Ramza?

Also RIP Papalymo, apparently he has been forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I'm really digging the story in this game! It's not just about 'killing the bad guy'. The bad guys are usually basic as hell (garleans) but the conflict around them has much more intrigue, such as the nation building in the heavensward/stormblood patch content. They put a ton of work into crafting a world, with a clear acknowledgement of cause-and-effect that occurs from major events. WoW tends to move passed these things once the devs lose interest in them, but FFXIV really puts a lot of love and care into its world.

I appreciate it!
    Dark Knight questline amplifies this even further, and it feels like a proper closing final farewell to Heavensward

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Just went into the Haunted Manor for the Gold Saucer event and checked out the character transformations, and...

Shadowbringers spoilers
    Spoiler: 
    Alphinaud and Alisae are not among the possible transformations. So I'm guessing they will get to be the main characters of 6.0? They kinda took a backseat to Thancred, Ryna, Y'shtola, Urianger, and the Exarch in Shadowbringers. Also, they have never appeared in an expansion cinematic yet.

Interesting that Rihtahtyn got a transformation and not the other, more prominent Garlean generals did (like Gaius or Zenos). Leofard got transformation, but not Ramza?

Also RIP Papalymo, apparently he has been forgotten.
    Aren't the options the same as last time?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Aren't the options the same as last time?
    I didn't do last year's event so idk.

When you have a ten minute extended version of the Twinning and nothing to follow it up:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Antitower in under 10 mins is fun.

Only works if you don't get lousy DPS/AFK healer though. There is only so much a tank can do.