Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What's your problem with BLU in FATEs?
    Blue Mages Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    On another topic got to rank 7 in Bozjan and concluded i don't like it very much. Mostly because it requires a party to get any progress done rather than players coming together organicly in the world.
    I gave it a go today and this is by far my biggest gripe with it. As a solo player without much self healing you're going to be killed by the unavoidable damage during most Critical Engagements. Losing Mettle, and having to then either res and risk losing more, or else just waiting it out and respawning feels like taking two steps backwards before taking one forwards. It's often more efficient just to intentionally take a dive and not accept a res until the fight is over.

I've got very little patience for other people in this game anymore and I'd much rather just avoid them where possible and do things solo. At this point in time it's been that long since I've grouped up with another player out in the world that I don't even remember how to do it. But no, Squenix seem to be constantly sending me reminders that they're currently running a campaign for their community finder and I'm not currently a part of Free Company, or any Communities, or any Linkshell channels and should maybe check that out.

I like the content, the look and feel of it is spot on but I constantly feel like the Devs are saying "What's the matter, don't you have any friends? Loser!" over and over. Getting real progress done solo is going to be a long drawn out grind and this just seems to reinforce that idea that Squenix are trying to force me into conforming with how they'd like the game to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Just went into the Haunted Manor for the Gold Saucer event and checked out the character transformations, and...

Shadowbringers spoilers
    Spoiler: 
    Alphinaud and Alisae are not among the possible transformations. So I'm guessing they will get to be the main characters of 6.0? They kinda took a backseat to Thancred, Ryna, Y'shtola, Urianger, and the Exarch in Shadowbringers. Also, they have never appeared in an expansion cinematic yet.

Interesting that Rihtahtyn got a transformation and not the other, more prominent Garlean generals did (like Gaius or Zenos). Leofard got transformation, but not Ramza?

Also RIP Papalymo, apparently he has been forgotten.
    I kind of felt that they were going to be the main characters next when Alphinaud mentions that their time will come when Alisae is upset they didn't get new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I kind of felt that they were going to be the main characters next when Alphinaud mentions that their time will come when Alisae is upset they didn't get new gear.
    Truth be told, I thought she bemoaning her... other, lack of development. I guess it must feel bad when you're two years old than Ryne (who is filled out), and you're still flat.

When I met Alphinaud again in Shadowbringers, I thought he was finally starting to grow up. But no, it was just the scarf around his neck making him look taller.

We'll never get to see grown up Alphinaud and Alisae, will we?

Welp 5 relics down. Only a couple more to get all the jobs i regularly use. Then its just crazy upkeep if i want but i have the rest of the expansion for that.

Just went into the Haunted Manor for the Gold Saucer event and checked out the character transformations, and...

Shadowbringers spoilers
    Spoiler: 
    Alphinaud and Alisae are not among the possible transformations. So I'm guessing they will get to be the main characters of 6.0? They kinda took a backseat to Thancred, Ryna, Y'shtola, Urianger, and the Exarch in Shadowbringers. Also, they have never appeared in an expansion cinematic yet.
    I don't get it. Why would it mean that?

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Blue Mages Matter.
    Leveled BLU to 50 in the last days.

I don't have kind things to say.

they need to buff drop rates in bozja for relic items to match the fate/dungeon spam. so lame that the optimal way to farm them is going back to old areas. i hate flying around trying to catch fates that end in 10 sec and antitower is boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they need to buff drop rates in bozja for relic items to match the fate/dungeon spam.
    Huh?

The four memories are from a few hours as a part of a normal cluster farm in Bozja. They fall out of the sky. Bozja is far and away the best place to farm memories. I can't imagine going back to farming Heavensward fates, at the rate of one memory every 3-5 minutes, when I can get like 5-10 memories in 5 minutes in Bozja.

- - - Updated - - -

And those clusters are from AFTER I upgraded two weapons. I upgraded my first weapon doing Heavensward fates... then after doing my first Bozja cluster farm, I realized I should never again bother doing HW fates.

The only reason why you should be doing Heavensward fates is if you are trying to farm for Yokai Watch medals.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-10-25 at 04:41 AM.

Huh?

The four memories are from a few hours as a part of a normal cluster farm in Bozja. They fall out of the sky. Bozja is far and away the best place to farm memories. I can't imagine going back to farming Heavensward fates, at the rate of one memory every 3-5 minutes, when I can get like 5-10 memories in 5 minutes in Bozja.

- - - Updated - - -

And those clusters are from AFTER I upgraded two weapons. I upgraded my first weapon doing Heavensward fates... then after doing my first Bozja cluster farm, I realized I should never again bother doing HW fates.

The only reason why you should be doing Heavensward fates is if you are trying to farm for Yokai Watch medals.
    cluster farm is boring and rng. the fates should drop 100% like hw fates and CEs should drop multiple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I gave it a go today and this is by far my biggest gripe with it. As a solo player without much self healing you're going to be killed by the unavoidable damage during most Critical Engagements.
    Equip lost cure spells. -> learn the fights -> snooze through it. There is actually very little damage that is truly unavoidable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    cluster farm is boring and rng. the fates should drop 100% like hw fates and CEs should drop multiple.
    It's RNG but they drop like candy if you farm the correct mobs. Especially if you split your group and farm multiple spots and get multiple colors + greens.

Still, old FATEs area great way of targeting a color you need more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Equip lost cure spells. -> learn the fights -> snooze through it. There is actually very little damage that is truly unavoidable
    I've spent a couple of hours there, I don't have a Lost Cure spell yet. The most interesting one I have at the moment gives 90% extra defense at the cost of also having a 40% Heavy.

In terms of unavoidable damage, the Critical Engagements in the first part of the front all seemed to have it. The Beastmaster boss with the bird has the AoE push which does ~35k unavoidable damage, the Korrigan has the multi coloured floor sections which deal unavoidable damage, the Robot Scorpion has a raid wide AoE pulse which hits everyone unconditionally. You get the idea I hope.

The problem isn't avoiding the telegraphs, that's easy, but when you're slowly having your HP bar chipped away and all you've got to bump it back up is Second Wind, sooner or later you're just going to run out of HP.

That's assuming you even get selected for them, I get into perhaps 1 in 3. Not sure if that's just bad luck or it's a case of the system prioritising players with higher resistance rankings. Still not gotten into a single duel engagement yet, which is a shame since they're pretty much ideal for a solo player from the look of it.

I've spent a couple of hours there, I don't have a Lost Cure spell yet. The most interesting one I have at the moment gives 90% extra defense at the cost of also having a 40% Heavy.

In terms of unavoidable damage, the Critical Engagements in the first part of the front all seemed to have it. The Beastmaster boss with the bird has the AoE push which does ~35k unavoidable damage, the Korrigan has the multi coloured floor sections which deal unavoidable damage, the Robot Scorpion has a raid wide AoE pulse which hits everyone unconditionally. You get the idea I hope.

The problem isn't avoiding the telegraphs, that's easy, but when you're slowly having your HP bar chipped away and all you've got to bump it back up is Second Wind, sooner or later you're just going to run out of HP.

That's assuming you even get selected for them, I get into perhaps 1 in 3. Not sure if that's just bad luck or it's a case of the system prioritising players with higher resistance rankings. Still not gotten into a single duel engagement yet, which is a shame since they're pretty much ideal for a solo player from the look of it.
    You can get a higher priority for getting in critical engagements by going back to the base camp and paying the Resistance Quartermaster 5 clusters for priority. The buff lasts 1 hour and is not used up upon entering a CE.

To be eligible for a duel, you cannot be hit by any AoEs in the prior CE that spawns the duel.

I'm fate farming for mettle since i want to hit Rank 15 before turning in like 300 assorted Forgotten Fragments and some skills/items only drop at that rank and thats meant avoiding the castrum as i dont want to lose thousands of mettle with 3 ranks left to go and man has it been a thing watching that completion timer hit zero and the zone chat fill with buttmad. Its like Barrens Chat on a bad day.

You can get a higher priority for getting in critical engagements by going back to the base camp and paying the Resistance Quartermaster 5 clusters for priority. The buff lasts 1 hour and is not used up upon entering a CE.

To be eligible for a duel, you cannot be hit by any AoEs in the prior CE that spawns the duel.
    It could be what's been bumping me down the list then. I expect that if the group leader has one that the rest of the group also get the higher priority for CE's too? So far I've ended up in well populated instances and there's generally 60+ people wanting to get into any CE.

As for the Duels, I've been eligible repeatedly, but I've not yet been chosen to duel. Again theres usually a lot more people eligble than there are slots so it's just going to come down to luck of the draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be what's been bumping me down the list then. I expect that if the group leader has one that the rest of the group also get the higher priority for CE's too? So far I've ended up in well populated instances and there's generally 60+ people wanting to get into any CE.

As for the Duels, I've been eligible repeatedly, but I've not yet been chosen to duel. Again theres usually a lot more people eligble than there are slots so it's just going to come down to luck of the draw.
    Nope the priority is individual.

Is there a good guide out there when you're about to start the Southern Front? Came back after some time off and I'd like to jump in.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's assuming you even get selected for them, I get into perhaps 1 in 3.
    You need to do the associated blue FATEs in order to get priority buff. That one also gets priority over the buff you buy via crystals.

Yes there is some unavoidable AoE, so some self healing is mandatory if you go in solo.

To be frank: the content was not designed to be soloable by all classes. It opens up later on, when you get restorative lost actions (you can buy the frags on the Marketboard btw).

For soloing, I'd recommend a defensive potion and some self healing lost action.

For a party to have priority, EVERYONE in the party must have priority. If 7 out of 8 people in a full party have priority, the group does not have priority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Is there a good guide out there when you're about to start the Southern Front? Came back after some time off and I'd like to jump in.
    Quick guide

Thank you.