Stale lahabread I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Looks cool. Do they come with implanted memories of ancient times?
    They do. And let me tell you, they sucked! Healthcare good tho.

And now for a very special message from the one true god:

https://www.bluemountain.com/view/r4...paign=receiver

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    And now for a very special message from the one true god:

https://www.bluemountain.com/view/r4...paign=receiver
    Haha

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how I feel after finishing the MSQ.

Well, I ended up going back to Raen. I missed being tall and my friends convinced me to do so.

Hopefully the Ishgard reconstruction isn't too far off now that Christmas and the New Year are behind us. I'd like some fresh content to sink my teeth into and I'm eager to see what the final part of the restoration project will involve.

10+ Year Old Account
    After getting my GSM title, I am fore sure not doing any more of them expert crafts.

The FFXIV livestream (presumed to be the 6.0 announcement) scheduled for February 6th has been cancelled due to lockdowns.

Well, on the bright side, at least that means the time between the 6.0 reveal and 6.0's launch won't be as long. Won't have to spend as much time trembling in anticipation after the 6.0 reveal happens.

I wonder if the 6.0 reveal will happen before or after 5.5's release, now.

Maybe we'll beat the 5.5 MSQ, and then at the very end, BAM 6.0 cinematic!

Hopefully they'll just announce stuff through the official site/social media. I've long felt that livestreams have been a waste of time. When Yoshi-P had more freedom to discuss future plans they were pretty great but they've become increasingly clinical. We know for example that we're getting new MSQ's in each patch, though they insist on spending valuable time informing us that such is happening.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The actual announcement will still be on that day (just without an audience), the thing that's actually been postponed is the annual 14 hour stream where they hang out with guests and such.

5.5 and 6.0 MSQ speculation

Spoiler: 
    I've been thinking. I wonder if Fandaniel will be saved and convinced to join the Scions.

Thus far, it's been pretty sad that literally not one single Ascian has been saved thus far.
    • Lahabrea: his grief drove him to become detached and insane, permakilled by Thordan.
    • Nabriales: was permakilled by the Scions.
    • Igeyorhm: permakilled by the WoL.
    • Emmerololth: permakilled by Sharlayans.
    • Emet-Selch: was a best friend of Azem, went mad with grief. Permakilled by the WoL and Scions.
    • Elidibus: was a student of Azem, idolized him, and then was permakilled by the WoL, who he did not recgonize as his idol.
    • Mitron: Died.

(technically Lohgrif is a sundered soul of a Convocation member who has survived, but it's not like she is burdened with traumatic memories of the final days and the loss of their home like the other uplifted and unsundered Ascians are, so she doesn't really count)

It's also sad how Alphinaud tried to convince Emet-Selch to join the Scions, only for Emet-Selch to reject it, too caught up in his self-pity and resentment to try to reach out for happiness.

I'm guessing Fandaniel is going to be revealed to have gone mad with grief as well, and can't bear the pain anymore, and doesn't want to reincarnate. But rather than just impaling himself onto the Crystal Tower, perhaps he somewhat resentful and wants to spite the rest of the world. The key thing is... Fandaniel hasn't actually killed anyone yet. The most he's done is torch a garden, which was mean but not super evil*. So maybe he'll be saved.

It'd just be really sad if none of the people who remember the Final Days survive, leaving the WoL has the sole living survivor of the Convocation and only knowing part of their story. Guess it'd feel like a really bitter message; "if you remember your home being destroyed, you'll be overcome with so much grief, you will become a genocidal maniac with no hope of being able to move on and find happiness again, and you will have to be killed." Oh, and you'll be forgotten too, because despite the WoL promising Emet that he would try to preserve the memory of their existence so far the WoL has... pretty much told people jack all, not even like writing a book to be put in a library or something.

There is also the "Zenos is Hythlodaeus" theory, which might be true, but Zenos is a mass murderer and there is no way the WoL/Scions would extend a hand to him. He's going to go.

I'll be fine if Fandaniel just remains the joker. I just think that this is going to be the last time we get an opportunity to save/redeem an Ascian and we've never done it before.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-01-24 at 02:59 PM.

So hyped for 6.0 reveal on the 6th. Ain't staying for the live letter after that though, its 8AM for me. The announcement is already late enough as it is, but there's no helping that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    5.5 and 6.0 MSQ speculation

Elidibus: was a student of Azem, idolized him, and then was permakilled by the WoL, who he did not recgonize as his idol.
    I don't remember anything like that.

The general consensus is that Azem was always out fixing problems by themselves and was hardly interacting with the rest of the convocation and that's why Elidibus didn't remember them.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2021-01-24 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So hyped for 6.0 reveal on the 6th. Ain't staying for the live letter after that though, its 8AM for me. The announcement is already late enough as it is, but there's no helping that.

- - - Updated - - -

The general consensus is that Azem was always out fixing problems by themselves and was hardly interacting with the rest of the convocation and that's why Elidibus didn't remember him.
    Thats how I remember it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The general consensus is that Azem was always out fixing problems by themselves and was hardly interacting with the rest of the convocation and that's why Elidibus didn't remember them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Thats how I remember it too.
    In the 5.3 flashback at the Crystarium, Elidibus almost seems to recognize the WoL, but can't put a finger on it. And then in a later flashback at the Tempest, it is revealed that Elidibus idolizes Azem, the first Warrior of Light. And then in one of the ShB short stories, you find out that young Elidibus was always on Azem's side whenever Azem started pulling stunts like summoning primals to save other countries, helping defend Azem from the Convocation chewing him out.

Ah, I didn't read the short stories so that explains it. Still don't remember the part at the Tempest though, guess ill have to go to the inn and see if its available to rewatch there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Ah, I didn't read the short stories so that explains it. Still don't remember the part at the Tempest though, guess ill have to go to the inn and see if its available to rewatch there.
    This is the scene where he almost recognized the WoL.

Flashback where he idolizes Azem.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Japanese dub makes it more obvious that Elidibus is a kid trying to imitate his idol, as he sounds like a teenager, and his lines in the trial are really shounen battle-esque. The English dub gave him an older voice and doesn't make it as obvious, and plays up the weary old man pathos.

So, got a question. Technicall one.

Basically every hour or so my connection with servers is crippled and I disconnect - even while downloading game. Work like a clock. I changed router so i presume somewhere there is a problem (did not have problem with old one). I checked the packages and there seems everything is fine, no lost packages.

Is there some basic guide what to do, what to check etc? Like which ports should be open and how to check and open them in win10 etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is the scene where he almost recognized the WoL.

Flashback where he idolizes Azem.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Japanese dub makes it more obvious that Elidibus is a kid trying to imitate his idol, as he sounds like a teenager, and his lines in the trial are really shounen battle-esque. The English dub gave him an older voice and doesn't make it as obvious, and plays up the weary old man pathos.
    He doesn't recognize the WoL, but he can see his ancient soul. He even says he wouldn't remember him like Emet did.

And he definitely didn't idolise Azem. That's the first WoL from the First. There's 0 evidence that that was Azems soul shard. Not every WoL is a reincarnation of Azem as proven by Unukalhai and Cylvia existing at the same time. Not to mention that there were 5 WoL's from the first.

Elidibus wanted to be a hero for his people. It was in his nature as a primal. That's why he sought the power of the WoL from the first.

[QUOTE=Val the Moofia Boss;52968574]There is also the "Zenos is Hythlodaeus" theory, which might be true, but Zenos is a mass murderer and there is no way the WoL/Scions would extend a hand to him. He's going to go.[/QUOTE]

I thought Graha'tia was Hythlodaeus?

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post

I thought Graha'tia was Hythlodaeus?
    G'raha Tia isn't an ancient. He didn't awaken the echo when viewing the starshower at the Crystarium.