Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Good thing that's not what I'm saying happened at all. It didn't "summon" anyone - It created an image of the memory of the person in the stone. You know, as crystals have ALWAYS done in FFXIV.
    That's the same thing? It doesn't matter if it's a memory, image or a summon. You are saying it's Azem. Which we know is "us".
    So we helped ourselves, which is not what this addons is about.
    The memory of the person in the stone is *our* memory (or rather Emet's memory of us because it's made by *him* to give sundered souls the memory back, it's not like it's "our" stone).
    I also feel like saying "it didn't summon anything" and "it's just a memory" falls flat on the nose just by the simple fact that this "memory" actually does something in the physical realm. It strictly downplays the impact that "thing" had when it helped us. It wasn't some kind of "flashback" we had in our mind. It was a being capable of interfering with the Rift.
    A "summon" is quite the word I'd use.

Y'shtola COULDN'T leave the Lifestream. Emet-Selch COULD, while alive, due to the fact that he was an Ancient and connected with the Lifestream. No one is denying that.
    The jump you're making is that Emet is able to LEAVE the Lifestream after having been killed. You directly said he's not dead, and that he CHOOSES not to come back. When living things die in FFXIV, their aether is redistributed into the flow of the Lifestream - They become part of the river, effectively. This is very different than riding the Lifestream as Y'shtola and Emet-Selch did - Y'shtola FORCED herself into the Lifestream, and had no way to escape. She would have been entirely consumed by it and redistributed amongst it's flow, were it not for the elementals/Emet-Selch yanking her out before that happened.
    As for Emet-Selch, I would not be surprised if there is some Ancient magic that allows him to ride the Lifestream unperturbed, or if it has something to do with his soul being entirely unsundered while alive. Nontheless, when he died, his aether too dispersed - To be reaborbed by the flow. He has no power over the Lifestream in that state. He's gone - Just aether, like all other dead beings.
    .[/B]
    You misunderstand, I'm not saying Y'shtola pulled herself out of it.
    I'm using her as an example that souls can be pulled out of it. Even if by sheer miracle.
    Emet has a specific affinity with the Underworld/Lifestream. You'd think that if anyone can return from death (even if just for a moment), it would be him.
    And I'm not saying he is alive here btw. before that comes up again.
    I'm saying that death isn't the end in this fantasy game, as souls are eternal and reappear.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-28 at 12:55 AM.

Might come back for the new expansion which will be announced, but endgame lacks open world. It’s just a lobby to queue dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Might come back for the new expansion which will be announced, but endgame lacks open world. It’s just a lobby to queue dungeons and raids.
    There is no reason to expect more than 20 hours of story, 5 new dead zones, 10 new linear dungeons with wall-to-wall pulls and 2/3 more trials in a circular room.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Looks like the 6.0 expansion may be called "A Hero's Bonds", or Nenkon Kihan ("Bonds of the Burning Soul" in Japanese). Both "A Hero's Bonds" and "Nenkon Kihan" were trademarked.

A few months ago, people were thinking it might have been Forspoken, but no such equivalent name was trademarked in Japanese, and Forspoken was trademarked at the same time the Project Athia website was updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a reminder that FFXIV patch names are not trademarked. These are for a new box release.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Then you're 99.999% wrong? I'm not sure what to say to that.

Emet-Selch does not have a sundered soul. He said so himself. When we killed him, he was destroyed, as Lahabrea was before him.

There is absolutely no reason to believe he left a crystal behind with a fragment of soul that would exist PURELY to free us from the rift between worlds. That makes absolutely no sense.

Azem was a known traveller of the world even pre-sundering, AND we know he has a fractured soul. It makes sense that his crystal would allow us to traverse the rift even presuming his crystal DIDN'T have a fragment of soul within it - And then it turns out it did, suggesting the soul within held some power over travel or the rift. Which further suggests Azem, and not Emet-Selch.

Meanwhile, we have nothing tying the shade to Emet, other than a wave that... doesn't look like Emet's wave... so...
    Intentionally being obtuse? It wasn't Emet's self. It was a reconstruction built into the Azem crystal in case of emergency. Emet made the crystal, and it's clear he did that as a way to help get her out of a shit situation should she see to putting Elidibus out of his misery. Azem's crystal. Emet's recreation self.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Looks like the 6.0 expansion may be called "A Hero's Bonds", or Nenkon Kihan ("Bonds of the Burning Soul" in Japanese). Both "A Hero's Bonds" and "Nenkon Kihan" were trademarked.

A few months ago, people were thinking it might have been Forspoken, but no such equivalent name was trademarked in Japanese, and Forspoken was trademarked at the same time the Project Athia website was updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a reminder that FFXIV patch names are not trademarked. These are for a new box release.
    You could be right but that seems off compared to the other expansion titles. To be honest it sounds like something Dragon Quest related.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't Shadowbringers called something else in JP? Something like "jet black villains" or something like that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wasn't Shadowbringers called something else in JP? Something like "jet black villains" or something like that?
    Yes, JP's name for the expacs are usually colour based. "Azure Skies of Ishgard", "Crimson Liberators"/"Liberators of the Crimson Lotus" for HW and SB respectively.

Also should note on Forspoken, Yoshi-P has flat out stated its not the name. Usually he's a bit cheeky/dances around stuff so a hard no like that means its likely not the name of the expac (should note incase people bring up "BUT he said he wasn't working on 16!", he said he wasn't *directing* it not that he wasn't working on it at all.)

Eh, we'll see I suppose. Forspoken does fit the sort of pseudo-archaic language that the game likes to lean on though it's not the only Square Enix game to do so to date.

At the same time, I take everything Yoshi-P says these days with a pinch of salt as he's been told by marketing to not reveal as much as he used to and he's said things won't happen only for them to actually happen anyway.

Welp, seems that 6.0 assets have been leaked in the 5.4 build. Including the new 6.0 login screen.

There goes my predictions lolol

Well at least it seems like it will be a cool expansion anyway.

EDIT: seems like the login screen is fake but the other assets are real
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-01-30 at 02:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a few people claiming that there's leaked garlean city, but the video i saw was of stuff that's been in since 5.0 so *shrug*

Geomancer and Beastmaster would be appealing jobs for me personally. As a former WoW player, I did like Elemental Shaman and BM Hunter a lot.

If the Beastmaster was melee and had a tanky pet (more than a defensive Chocobo but less than an actual tank job), that'd be alright.

The Geomancer should make use of the elemental powers and combinations thereof (lava, steam, sand, etc). Maybe have an ability to transmute the ground into something useful for the Geomancer and/or his/her party.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I've seen a few people claiming that there's leaked garlean city, but the video i saw was of stuff that's been in since 5.0 so *shrug*
    Yeah, i tried to search for leaked stuff and found nothing but that video, which is unimpressive cause we saw the city in cinematics and that is what it is. Just an asset.

I am very curious to see what they come up with. If it's just a garlean continent i would be disappointed. I like it when they blindside us like shadowbringers. I would love a time travel to the end days and to meet the peoples and the actual reason for the end days. Also, to reveal the roots of the twists wecame to find out.

As for jobs, i really am hoping for a Chemist battle job. Based on FFT and X-2. With a musket as weapon to shoot concotions from. Healer ofc.

For dps job, my preference would go first to make Blue mage a normal job. After that Geomancer is a good one. I liked the Necromancer on one of the latest dungeons.
    Beastmaster worries me. Pet AI's are always a problem.

If it's a time travel expansion, it really needs time mage somehow though.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-02-01 at 01:57 AM.

Next part of Bozja is almost here!

Spoiler: 

I hope that we manage to save the Resistance members who were tempered. Except for Isolde. I hope she dies. I don't want to have to listen to her for ANOTHER zone *shivers*

- - - Updated - - -

5.45 patch notes are out.

Lol in order to do the 48 man savage, you must be at least Resistance Rank 15 AND have at least 700,000 mettle.

Oh, and you lose mettle when you die inside the instance.

Just a reminder: you get a max of 3,000 mettle per critical engagement in the top part of Bozjan South. So... yeah. Prepare to slave away your soul.

- - - Updated - - -

Slaving away your soul, or the normal 24 man gives way more mettle than anything you can do in Bozja South. We'll see.

i already said this in my fc discord but i have no idea why the F SE thinks this kind of content is what the players want....

lets make a mind numbing un-interesting zone where you grind away for hours and if you die just once then you lose progress...and lets make it necessary for a raid that pugs 80% wont be able to clear it and also have a huge requirement for it while also each death fucking over your progress...
    Last edited by Mordin Solus; 2021-02-02 at 09:49 AM.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i already said this in my fc discord but i have no idea why the F SE thinks this kind of content is what the players want....
    Well, they don’t want to do dungeons and raids in an MMO, which is why Bozja exists, so they shouldn’t be listened to in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Well, they don’t want to do dungeons and raids in an MMO, which is why Bozja exists, so they shouldn’t be listened to in the first place.
    players dont want dngs and raids? most people i hear complain that they only add 1 dng per like major patch and that they want more dngs and raids not less
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

5 minutes into the new Bozja story

Spoiler: 
    fuck Misija! She tempered that guy and then ordered him to kill his comrades for the lolz!

... Ofcourse Lyon just KNOWS we are around the corner. My gosh

Wait, is he joining us? JOIN US LYON!

Um... it sounds like a fully summoned Queen Gunhildr would be Primal Bahamut/Koryu levels of strong. We've never beaten a being that strong before. Primal Bahamut was considerably weakened in coils and we needed the aid of a similarly powerful primal, Phoenix, to beat him. Koryu was straight up too powerful to beat so we just sealed him away (using the power of the other Auspices). Nothing we threw at Emet-Selch hurt him; we needed an entire planet's worth of light energy to kill him.

So if the full might of Save the Queen is brought out, and we don't have any aid like what was listed above, well... we're screwed.

Awww, I thought it was Radovan who had come, but no it's just some new Hrothgar.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-02 at 11:20 AM.

Welp, seems that 6.0 assets have been leaked in the 5.4 build. Including the new 6.0 login screen.

There goes my predictions lolol

Well at least it seems like it will be a cool expansion anyway.

EDIT: seems like the login screen is fake but the other assets are real
    do you have a link for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    do you have a link for those?
    https://imgur.com/a/eowEpwX

- - - Updated - - -

Just beat the last boss.

The raid does not give any mettle whatsoever.

first boss gives 3 bozjan silver coins (not the same as the regular Bozjan coins you've been farming before)
    second boss 1 coin
    third boss 3 coins
    4th boss 1 coin
    5th boss 3 coins
    last boss 9 coins

- - - Updated - - -

5.45 Bozja story finished

Spoiler: 

Welp, I'm glad I got to stab Isolde in the face. Never again will I have to listen to her yelping!

Looks like the FFXII Ifrit is no canon in XIV. I wonder if Gabranth is on it.

Welp, we have... what? One patch left to resolve the Bozja story in 5.5 or 5.55? How are they going to defend Gangos, retake Bozja South, and capture Castrum Lacus Latorie in just one patch? Nevermind pushing into another zone!

- - - Updated - - -

For the next stage of your weapon, you get Loathsome memories from Bozja critical engagements, or from running the Crystal Tower raids.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-02-02 at 12:46 PM.