Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Ishikawa saying we'll be saying goodbye to some characters in Endwalker is music to my ears.
    I've got a long list of chartacters I'd like to never see again. Starting with Tataru and Zenos.

Tataru I just want gone because Squenix tried way too hard to force me to like her in ARR and Heavensward and I resent that.

And Zenos... Well, I'll be honest I'm not even sure what Zenos has spent the the back half of Stormblood and Shadowbringers doing. He's had screen time, sure, but aside from a brief spot of Regicide he's not actually done anything of note. He's just sat chilling on his throne most of the time. A villain who acts almost entirely though their nameless and faceless underlings isn't at all interesting.

He was a flimsy villain even in Stormblood who was just, well... there most of the time.

Truth be told, nothing about Endwalker has really caught my attention yet. New locations and story is fine and all, but I'm not really interested in either of those and probably never will be. I'm not excited by new Jobs either, I'm of the opinion that they should look at fixing existing jobs before adding any more new ones. New races are a firm whatever from me too, I'm happy with the character I have.

What DID catch my attention though was this;
    https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...3f48d8398797de.

Looks like everybodys getting an in-game Strat! I fully intend to play some Dragonforce solos on it in Limsa.

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally hope we get to see the lifestream and where people go when they pass on.. would be a very cool for a patch thing
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Ishikawa saying we'll be saying goodbye to some characters in Endwalker is music to my ears.
    I'm half expecting we are going to see either at the end of 6.0 during the credits or after in 6.1 we are going to see a timeskip. Not a huge one. Just one to let the world recover rather than pull a Blizzard style "Okay now heres the real world ending bad guy and this ones the real threat swer on me mum!" apocalypse fatigue driving stuff. All the "don't worry we are due our growth spurt soon" stuff lately from the twins has me thinking 6.1 is going to be like 2 years or so after 6.0 and some scions might be retired or in different roles like lyse. I could see Ysh'tola replacing the twins dad trying to clean up Sharlayan for example and just be too busy to adventure anymore.

OR we are simply going somewhere they can't follow. I think another first style thing again would be too soon but theres been a LOT of stuff hinting that the 13th is going to be touched on in some way and a Job related to it coming in 6.0 doesn't really dissuade all the void stuff in the last patch.

I still think Uriange or Thancred is dying by the end of this. Thancreds arc is done but he does still have Rhyne meanwhile Urianger aside from the odd "m-muh moenbryda" kind of feels like the most expendable of the bunch for a gut punch moment.

endwalker going to come with lv boost potion?stop playing after stormblood and want to join my friend when endwalker launch.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    endwalker going to come with lv boost potion?stop playing after stormblood and want to join my friend when endwalker launch.
    No plans for a level boost. Besides, FFXIV is first and foremost a JRPG. Hopping into Endwalker won't be like hopping into the latest WoW expansion; you can't ignore the story and the story is pretty much a direct continuation of the story from before (unlike WoW expansions where the plots are usually self contained).

Yoshida has said that the story of 7.0 will be a completely different storyline and won't have anything to do with the 2.0 through 6.0 story. It has been implied that new players will be able to hop straight into the 7.0 story without having to do 2.0 through 6.0 first, so new players will be able to do current content with old players without having to do 200-300 hours of old story first, but that's at least a couple years off.

Haven't managed to get through ARR on this game but Reaper might be the push that gets me through, class looks cool af.

Post ARR is really a grind and a half. But once you've get to Heavensward, the post expansion stuff beyond that gets easier to get through. NGL, the first time I did the Post-ARR stuff, I got burnt out from the game that I didn't touch it for months.

I finished Stormblood a couple days ago, and started Shadowbringers tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Haven't managed to get through ARR on this game but Reaper might be the push that gets me through, class looks cool af.
    Just remember you need to have Endwalker registered on the account and have a level 70 job to unlock Reaper (and Sage)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they would release more CEs. First time I missed a CE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Wish they would release more CEs. First time I missed a CE.
    Has it been confirmed they aren't? i know i had to wait for a second wave for my shadowbringers one.

I gotta admit, I have a bad feeling going into this one. I'm so burned we never got a Garlean expansion after we finally united the rest of the world against them. The stage was set perfectly in 4.5. And there are entire lands of Eorzea we read about that we seem like we're never going to see that tied right into them. The last two years has been nothing but Garlean incompetence and Zenos sitting in a chair falling asleep. He just can't possibly carry the kind of narrative heft of being the game's overarching villain. Emet Selch is probably the only one who could, if not Varis. But they're gone now. And don't even get me started on the other guy. None of the zones look that appealing to me. I hope it's because they're dumping the bulk of their best resources into the zones they can't show us and simply intend to double back to the small time areas later. But sheesh. Soken's department is the only one that appears to be killing it atm.

No plans for a level boost. Besides, FFXIV is first and foremost a JRPG. Hopping into Endwalker won't be like hopping into the latest WoW expansion; you can't ignore the story and the story is pretty much a direct continuation of the story from before (unlike WoW expansions where the plots are usually self contained).

Yoshida has said that the story of 7.0 will be a completely different storyline and won't have anything to do with the 2.0 through 6.0 story. It has been implied that new players will be able to hop straight into the 7.0 story without having to do 2.0 through 6.0 first, so new players will be able to do current content with old players without having to do 200-300 hours of old story first, but that's at least a couple years off.
    Nothing at all? We aren't going to the world of darkness to deal with the voidsent or anything? But there's so much unresolved story between 2.0 and now... Maybe they should have just wrapped the game with this xpack. Though I get it that making FF17 is probably a very long ways off with 16 in the works plus 14 6.0 plus 7R etc.

Personally... I enjoy this angle with the Garleans. Any foray into the empire proper ourselves would be disappointing. Watching them crumble under their own machinations is oddly more validating than going in and smashing things up to make everything better. It shows that they're inherently doomed to fail, with or without outside intervention.

All that being said... we don't know where the next expansion is taking us. And we did get some solid Judge armour with Bozja.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I absolutely hated Alphinaud and Emet among others... I love them now. As much as I am completely uninterested in Zenos, I do keep a little faith that they'll do something interesting with him. I did notice that they inserted him in with the Scions in the Endwalker art...

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I gotta admit, I have a bad feeling going into this one. I'm so burned we never got a Garlean expansion after we finally united the rest of the world against them. The stage was set perfectly in 4.5. And there are entire lands of Eorzea we read about that we seem like we're never going to see that tied right into them.
    No Garlemald expansion is very disappointing indeed. I wanted to see the megalopolis of the capital, like Archadia from FFXII. Imagine getting to talk to the Garlean citizens in their homes and getting their perspective, going to the academy that Cid and Nero went to, meeting the Populares and the Optimates, seeing the provinces that were annexed long ago and are more acclimated to being apart of the Empire and don't really want to be liberated. It could've been a great nation to become a friend to like Ishgard.

And it's not just not being able to visit Garlemald. We're only getting TWO ZONES in Ilsabard period. Thavnair, and ruins of Garlemald. TWO ZONES! Othard at least had three zones and Kugane. We'll have seen more of the Far East than the hyped up Ilsabard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Personally... I enjoy this angle with the Garleans. Any foray into the empire proper ourselves would be disappointing. Watching them crumble under their own machinations is oddly more validating than going in and smashing things up to make everything better. It shows that they're inherently doomed to fail, with or without outside intervention.
    I didn't want to destroy Garlemald. I was hoping for something like the Erebonia Empire from Trails of Cold Steel, where it's not the evil empire you overthrow. It's just another country you're adventuring in, with its own problems, just like the Kingdom of Liberl or the Republic of Calvard. Could've been like Ishgard where the people are overall okay who are being bossed around by a few bad apples who need to be kicked in the shins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Nothing at all? We aren't going to the world of darkness to deal with the voidsent or anything? But there's so much unresolved story between 2.0 and now... Maybe they should have just wrapped the game with this xpack. Though I get it that making FF17 is probably a very long ways off with 16 in the works plus 14 6.0 plus 7R etc.
    A World of Darkness/Void/13th shard expansion is possible. However, it seems like there is a chance it might be dealt with offscreen. If you completed the Warring Triad questline and all 4 rolequestlines in Shadowbringers, you unlock an additional two quests, and there is now another group of adventurers who are working towards restoring the 13th shard.

I didn't want to destroy Garlemald. I was hoping for something like the Erebonia Empire from Trails of Cold Steel, where it's not the evil empire you overthrow. It's just another country you're adventuring in, with its own problems, just like the Kingdom of Liberl or the Republic of Calvard. Could've been like Ishgard where the people are overall okay who are being bossed around by a few bad apples who need to be kicked in the shins.
    I would argue that this desire only becomes possible after the empire is dead and gone. Giving us freedom to roam would make no narrative sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I would argue that this desire only becomes possible after the empire is dead and gone. Giving us freedom to roam would make no narrative sense whatsoever.
    You would be able to roam around freely in the countryside and in rural towns, where there is light presence from government inspectors on the lookout for you. For going to big cities like the capital, you could disguise yourself. Do something like infiltrating Suramar from WoW (a huge city zone where a lot of the city has people on the lookout for you, so you dress up as someone going to the ball and infiltrate parties and such).

- - - Updated - - -

Also, bear in mind that there aren't newspapers or televisions that are widely circulating your photo for everyone to see, so you wouldn't have to become totally unrecognizable to be able to walk around the capital.

Also, bear in mind that there aren't newspapers or televisions that are widely circulating your photo for everyone to see, so you wouldn't have to become totally unrecognizable to be able to walk around the capital.
    I dunno... isn't Garlemald kind of like the birthplace of magitech? If any civilization is going to have widespread mass communication tech it's Garlemald. And that's not even touching on linkpearls. Consider too that there actually are newspapers in FFXIV. We may not see them physically represented, but we do quests with actual reporters for these circulations.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-05-17 at 09:40 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I played WoW for 17 years and started playing this a couple months.

It's great, like a lot about it, but be prepared for the fact it's a bit different and it doesn't quite come together until higher level.

I'm only 72 so far, it took me 200 hours to get here, and it really doesn't get "great" until around 70 (max is 80). This is when the jobs are mostly fleshed out and feeling how they're intended and the story starts to get remarkably better.

But everyone is a bit different, some like the earlier stuff more than me. It's worth a play though and you don't got much to lose with a free trail covering the first 2 games.
    Yep started to play the trial and already love the story so far, and love the art, world design, combat is ok, I'm mostly driven by story and world-building, and seems this game is the gold mine of that! Likey gonna get the complete version soon!

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Yep started to play the trial and already love the story so far, and love the art, world design, combat is ok, I'm mostly driven by story and world-building, and seems this game is the gold mine of that! Likey gonna get the complete version soon!
    The music also starts getting better and better. Heavensward has some very nice music, and Shadowbringers completely blows it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    It's worth it.

And ya the combat is just ok, but it does slowly get much better. Around the 50's it'll start to feel how the class is intended to played and the dungeons/trails get much better in my experience. Before that you're just missing key mechanics that make the rotations feel fluid and the dungeons/trials are too simplistic.

The good news is the further you get in the game the better it gets in pretty much every way!

Question: Im playing the trial right now, compared to the trial version, what extra stuff do i get from buying the full game? i saw a mount that i fucking fell i love with and im wondering if it will be possible to get it as a trial https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki...al_Fantasy_XIV