Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    While I thought that the whole unification went too smoothly and quickly, it'll be interesting to see whether the euphoria holds when the existential crisis is over and old, petty rivalries resurface.

I do agree that it is quite unnecessary to have the same storyline with every tribe. I'm okay with it being done by the diplomats off screen. Not every negotiation needs out personal input. World leaders have to be good for something, after all.
    The unification is actually something that's been going on since before 5.0 it's just something that doesn't involve the WoL so we don't see it until we need to help with the kobolds.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They already said why they didn't bring back Hildibrand for SHB, because to them it was getting stale. They said he will be back in Endwalkers.

As for the Bozjan storyline, I'm pretty sure the end is a red herring, especially since we know they are moving towards Dalmasca. So either the relic in EW will have something to do with Dalmasca, or it will be side content in 7.0

The whole beast tribe thing got old in SB tbh. Both Lakshmi and Suzano were hardly important to the story. And they showed us how they dealt with 2 beast tribes in the last two patches, they aren't gonna do that for all of them, especially when the entire world is in deep shit right now.

I think people are exaggerating tbh.
    Finally somebody who makes sene. A rare gem on this website.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    The unification is actually something that's been going on since before 5.0 it's just something that doesn't involve the WoL so we don't see it until we need to help with the kobolds.
    And it's a good thing too. I mean we are the WoL but if they couldn't do a negoatiation without our help, the Alliance would just look incompetent. It makes the world look more real if thing happen without our involvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It makes the world look more real if thing happen without our involvement.
    Agreed. In any real world, spanning multiple continents, the events we, as a single person, could witness would be way less than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Agreed. In any real world, spanning multiple continents, the events we, as a single person, could witness would be way less than 1%.
    It happens in small ways too. Like Alisaie in SB having to collect clams for water breathing and saying her brother should be here doing it instead because of him bragging about his firewood collecting skills.

A call back to HW when we camped with Estinian and Ysayle in dravania. Did the city boy boast about meeting the giant ass god damn patriach of dragons? NOPE. he bragged about collecting sticks for his man crush on his first real foray into the wild.

We never see the twins have this conversation, Alisae just casually makes an offhand comment hinting at it.

The characters remain in-character whether we see it or not, and have lives beyond the main characters "sphere of influence" and sight. Something which many other games fail to account for.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-05-30 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can that final savage Alexander boss that drops the rat/kobol on a ball mount be solod yet ? and I know in Stormblood it was still a guaranteed drop. I bought Shadowbringers but my FC died so I had no motivation to play.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-05-30 at 03:23 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

So, i got my BLM to 50 and i fucking love the set i got from the lizard, does the game have any sort of transmog? i dont wanna lose my set

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    So, i got my BLM to 50 and i fucking love the set i got from the lizard, does the game have any sort of transmog? i dont wanna lose my set
    Yeah, once you replace the pieces of gear slap those bad boys into your glamour dresser or armoire instead if possible.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...t/bb7ebd31069/

This is the quest, and follow up quest you'll do if you didn't unlock it already. You have a glamour dresser and armoire in every single inn that you can go into from every major city. Your Grand Company barracks also houses a dresser 'n armoire combo.

Sure does! It's called glamour in this game and you can access it from your room at an inn if you did the quest.

It's called glamour, you get a quest to unlock it (plus a small bit of Glamour Prisms, which is required) in Vesper Bay. Look for the NPC named Swyrgeim who'll offer the quest "If I Had A Glamour". The quest is pretty easy, all you need to do for the NPC is fetch her a drink from the local pub. She also offers the quest "Color Your World" which unlocks Dying gear that allows dying.

There's two main ways to obtain Glamour Prisms (and Glamour Dispellers), either the Grand Company Quartermaster for Company Seals (each prism costs like 200 seals). But I think you need to go up the ranks a bit to unlock the tier the Glamour Prism reside on for this method. The other method is to buy them off the Marketboard for Gil.

There's two ways to glamour your gear. One is manually by right clicking on the gear you are currently wearing to look like other gear and select cast glamour and choose from a list of available pieces of gear for that item. This is the least effective method as it costs 1 glamour prism to cast a glamour over your gear. The best way is the Glamour Chest and Armoire in Inn Rooms. Armoire stores only seasonal and Job Artifact (IE the first set of Job armor you get from lvl 45 to 50 job quests, the higher ilvl gear from the lvl 50 job quest gear coffer doesn't count as Job Artifact gear). The Glamour Chest however can store 400 pieces of gear you can use as Glamour. You technically need to use 1 Glamour Prism for each piece of gear you store in here, but once the gear is in there, it costs no prisms to apply those appearances over your current gear.

Which we come to Glamour Plates. Once you've stored your desired gear in to the chest, you can use the Glamour plates function within the Glamour chest to create looks for you and then save and apply said look over your character.

EDIT and I am a slow typist since basically two people posted before me! xD

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Yeah, once you replace the pieces of gear slap those bad boys into your glamour dresser or armoire instead if possible.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...t/bb7ebd31069/

This is the quest, and follow up quest you'll do if you didn't unlock it already. You have a glamour dresser and armoire in every single inn that you can go into from every major city. Your Grand Company barracks also houses a dresser 'n armoire combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Sure does! It's called glamour in this game and you can access it from your room at an inn if you did the quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    It's called glamour, you get a quest to unlock it (plus a small bit of Glamour Prisms, which is required) in Vesper Bay. Look for the NPC named Swyrgeim who'll offer the quest "If I Had A Glamour". The quest is pretty easy, all you need to do for the NPC is fetch her a drink from the local pub. She also offers the quest "Color Your World" which unlocks Dying gear that allows dying.

There's two main ways to obtain Glamour Prisms (and Glamour Dispellers), either the Grand Company Quartermaster for Company Seals (each prism costs like 200 seals). But I think you need to go up the ranks a bit to unlock the tier the Glamour Prism reside on for this method. The other method is to buy them off the Marketboard for Gil.

There's two ways to glamour your gear. One is manually by right clicking on the gear you are currently wearing to look like other gear and select cast glamour and choose from a list of available pieces of gear for that item. This is the least effective method as it costs 1 glamour prism to cast a glamour over your gear. The best way is the Glamour Chest and Armoire in Inn Rooms. Armoire stores only seasonal and Job Artifact (IE the first set of Job armor you get from lvl 45 to 50 job quests, the higher ilvl gear from the lvl 50 job quest gear coffer doesn't count as Job Artifact gear). The Glamour Chest however can store 400 pieces of gear you can use as Glamour. You technically need to use 1 Glamour Prism for each piece of gear you store in here, but once the gear is in there, it costs no prisms to apply those appearances over your current gear.

Which we come to Glamour Plates. Once you've stored your desired gear in to the chest, you can use the Glamour plates function within the Glamour chest to create looks for you and then save and apply said look over your character.

EDIT and I am a slow typist since basically two people posted before me! xD
    Ah, very good, really like how the armor looks, now i need a matching mount and im done, thanks

There's a Black Mage style Chocobo Barding (it doesn't look the same as the lvl 50 BLM Job Artifact gear, but should go well) you can put on your Company Chocobo on the Achievement Point Vendor.

This vendor can also sell you a Behemoth mount and a Magitek Deathclaw mount + other bardings for your company chocobo.

Well fuck me, despite skipping every single cinematics and dialogue presented on the MSQ, i cant believe im actually fucking pissed, spoilers if neccesary, please someone tell me we get to kill that fucking bitch on the evangelion plug suit

Well fuck me, despite skipping every single cinematics and dialogue presented on the MSQ, i cant believe im actually fucking pissed, spoilers if neccesary, please someone tell me we get to kill that fucking bitch on the evangelion plug suit
    Wait, who? Are you talking about Livia? Yotsuyu? Or the bitch from Bozja?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Wait, who? Are you talking about Livia? Yotsuyu? Or the bitch from Bozja?
    He's new so it's most likely Livia, and it's most likely the cutscene where she kicks that poor Sylph in the Waking Sands.

Also, Leyre, I thought the story was the reason you liked the game? And you just disliked having dungeons connected to it. Or was that someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    He's new so it's most likely Livia, and it's most likely the cutscene where she kicks that poor Sylph in the Waking Sands.

Also, Leyre, I thought the story was the reason you liked the game? And you just disliked having dungeons connected to it. Or was that someone else?
    The story its ok, stupid at times but ok, and yes, i HATED dungeons being locked to it and HATED having everything locked to the MSQ but im on the lvl 35 MSQ so im just enduring it, my BLM its actually getting fun now that i got flare

And yes, its the bitch who kicked the plant homie

Pd: jesus christ the dub is atrocious, i know the scene its supposed to be touching but blondie voice actor its so bad it was really making it hard to feel sad

Pd2: Also i got mad because the potato outside the room was just chilling on her chair and they got her scared >:[

Pd3: I got a soft spot for potato people after the thaumaturge quest

Pd4: Holy moly some people shouldnt be allowed to do dungeons with a dot mechanic that needs to be removed with an item that spawn inside the dungeons, never seen so many people failing the same mechanic despite a new player (me) telling them how to get rid of the stacks from the 1st boss on aurum vale

Pd5: Im actually paying attention to the story now after the sands incident because like i said, i really really got pissed
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-05-31 at 12:39 PM.

The story its ok, stupid at times but ok, and yes, i HATED dungeons being locked to it and HATED having everything locked to the MSQ but im on the lvl 35 MSQ so im just enduring it, my BLM its actually getting fun now that i got flare

And yes, its the bitch who kicked the plant homie

Pd: jesus christ the dub is atrocious, i know the scene its supposed to be touching but blondie voice actor its so bad it was really making it hard to feel sad

Pd2: Also i got mad because the potato outside the room was just chilling on her chair and they got her scared >:[

Pd3: I got a soft spot for potato people after the thaumaturge quest

Pd4: Holy moly some people shouldnt be allowed to do dungeons with a dot mechanic that needs to be removed with an item that spawn inside the dungeons, never seen so many people failing the same mechanic despite a new player (me) telling them how to get rid of the stacks from the 1st boss on aurum vale
    I m really confused now. Are you watching the story or skipping it? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I m really confused now. Are you watching the story or skipping it? XD
    I was skipping it all up until the waking sands incident, now im actually reading it and watching cinematics

I was skipping it all up until the waking sands incident, now im actually reading it and watching cinematics
    eh ok you didnt miss much then. You can wikipedia the shit that happened before that but its basically just how you joined the scions.

Kicking the plant is one of the best parts of ARR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Kicking the plant is one of the best parts of ARR.