10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Also, can I play the same account on both ps5 and pc? And can I have separate HUDs for them or do I have to change every time I switch? Is the game hard to play on a controller?
    You can have separate HUDs for them, but you do need to buy them separately. PC version doesn't work on Playstation or the other way around. Don't think you need separate subs for them tho.

I've been playing from start to end of Stormblood so far on the PS5 with a controller and have had no issues at all. It works very well on the controller. I did have to change the settings around quite a bit to set it up as i want it, but that was all personal things so don't know if you will need that tho.

I would recommend a keyboard as well for when you do dungeons and raids because chatting with a controller doesn't really work very well

So because FF doesn't have an equivalent to WoWhead, or at least datamining of upcoming expansions, do you guys always get a bunch of unmentioned QoL improvements / features that aren't mentioned on the front page of the expansion or in the interviews / reveals?

For instance, when the expansion drops, could people suddenly find the glam dresser now holds up to 1000 items? Things like that.
    We'd know about something like that before it drops. And sadly, we've heard nothing on that end. Frankly the whole glamour system needs to be redesigned like the transmog system where instead of having finite storage you can just pull up a list of gear from dungeons and raids and it becomes checked off for your use forever the instant you obtain it once. But, the game seems so vastly underfunded and stripped to bone at this point that a bandaid like you mentioned is probably the most we can over hope for.

As of yet however expanding the storage hasn't so much been mentioned in any live letter or fan fest. It really makes you wonder if they understand their own game sometimes to neglect such a critical part of endgame that would hardly require any resources to improve. For my part I'm constantly removing and replacing gear pieces I like with ones I like a little more because there just isn't room for it all. I just wish the storage limit juggling act wasn't such a constant nuisance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Also, can I play the same account on both ps5 and pc? And can I have separate HUDs for them or do I have to change every time I switch? Is the game hard to play on a controller?
    As Cren said you can have the same account details and the same characters but you have to buy the game twice if you want to buy them at the same platform. Of course you only pay one sub. It is technically just one account. But inside the account you have separate game licenses for each supported platform.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post

As of yet however expanding the storage hasn't so much been mentioned in any live letter or fan fest. It really makes you wonder if they understand their own game sometimes to neglect such a critical part of endgame that would hardly require any resources to improve.
    Yes they do. And it might require more resources than you think. Yoshida did say repeatedly that he would love to do a WoW still log for glamour if he had the funding of WoW. But he doesn't. Not yet, anyway.

So because FF doesn't have an equivalent to WoWhead
    Closest equivalent would be Gamerescape, though it is lacking compared to WoWhead.
    Also, Garland tools (for checking out NPC appearances, FATE timers, if a rare gathering material spawns at Dravania at 2 AM in the morning on Wednesdays, etc)
    Universalies for checking out market board prices across all servers without having to spend time hopping around each one.
    For optimizing your job rotation for endgame raids, you want to head to the Balance Discord and read the guides in the stickied channels. Don't expect the people there to be much help.

at least datamining of upcoming expansions
    The FFXIV datamining discords don't publicly advertise themselves. You'll have to join like the r/FFXIV Discord and then ask for people to redirect you to one. Maybe you can join one of those FFXIV modding discords and they will direct you to one.

Been thinking a lot about Final Fantasy XIV
    I want to play it.

Some funny things i noticed about this game this past few days:

1)
    The WoW youtuber i hate the most, Bellular, cant shut up about the game now.
    Anyway, im pissed that A LOT of Final Fantasy Youtubers are doing those "REACT" videos on Bellular streams talking about the game.
    This poor souls dont know Bellular sold his soul to the devil and only does clickbait and pretends to be "all-knowing"

2)
    This video is completely amazing to me Even though is TTS

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    1)
    Anyway, im pissed that A LOT of Final Fantasy Youtubers are doing those "REACT" videos on Bellular streams talking about the game.
    This poor souls dont know Bellular sold his soul to the devil and only does clickbait and pretends to be "all-knowing"
    Yeah, FFXIV youtubers are pretty cringey. Only one really worth staying subbed to is ZeplaHQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    1)
    You can't really fault the game for that though and you can always not watch those videos and block channels that you don't like so they won't show up in your feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah, FFXIV youtubers are pretty cringey. Only one really worth staying subbed to is ZeplaHQ.
    Zepla is the cringiest of all of them though XD

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    You can't really fault the game for that though and you can always not watch those videos and block channels that you don't like so they won't show up in your feed.
    I dont fault the game at all I really want to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Zepla is the cringiest of all of them though XD
    Cringy is one word I'd never think of when watching Zepla. she's just enjoying herself and her favorite hobby without going overboard or being a prick about it like Asmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    Cringy is one word I'd never think of when watching Zepla. she's just enjoying herself and her favorite hobby without going overboard or being a prick about it like Asmon.
    Asmongold is a "prick"? He has some hot takes but I don't recall him being vitriolic. I think is the WoW streamer who has the most down to earth honest assessment about the game, followed by Belluar. I like Preach somewhat but he tends to hold back, and is a bet too much on the "WoW should be for raiders" argument that killed WoW's mainstream popularity in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yes they do. And it might require more resources than you think. Yoshida did say repeatedly that he would love to do a WoW still log for glamour if he had the funding of WoW. But he doesn't. Not yet, anyway.
    As outlined in my post, I recognize it would take resources to overhaul the system. But a bandaid fix like toggling the storage limit on the pre-existing system to a higher number wouldn't.

You want to talk about cringe?

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    As outlined in my post, I recognize it would take resources to overhaul the system. But a bandaid fix like toggling the storage limit on the pre-existing system to a higher number wouldn't.

You want to talk about cringe?
    I don't see what was cringe about the video. She explained a game system to her audience and broke down her feelings on it. She remained pretty coherent. She isn't sucking up and stanning for Square like a blind fangirl, nor is she raving mad (she is a tad bit ragey). She just sounds frustrated. Her more recent videos where she is disatisfied (like Bozja relics), she isn't ragey at all. She's become more calm.

I don't see what was cringe about the video. She explained a game system to her audience and broke down her feelings on it. She remained pretty coherent. She isn't sucking up and stanning for Square like a blind fangirl, nor is she raving mad (she is a tad bit ragey). She just sounds frustrated. Her more recent videos where she is disatisfied (like Bozja relics), she isn't ragey at all. She's become more calm.
    I saw most of the video and i must say she has very valid opinions...i would even say i agree.
    The only cringy thing on the video is when she became emotional and did a wombo combo of laughing and crying.

But i understand and know people who feel emotional about videogames...so i didnt find it cringe.

Actually wanted to play the game MORE after watching the video (>_<) but im kinda weirdly hyped about it

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Zepla is cringy, but there's like a spectrum of cringiness and I think she's closer to the cringe side. I do enjoy her content though. Being excited and positive can be conflated with cringe, but I find her attitude refreshing. She's mostly positive but is willing to criticize the game when necessary. I'd say Mr. Happy is the closest you'll get to a Bellular or Preach in FFXIV, where he has somewhat more "professional" coverage of the game, but even he doesn't approach Bellular and Preach's level of professionalism. I do think he's a bit of a smart ass though. Meoni is okay, but he tends to rant about the negative people in his community a lot and I find it annoying.

I will say there aren't really any content creators for FFXIV that I really like. I do hope Bellular starts covering the game more, because I feel like he criticizes Blizzard when necessary but also praises the game when necessary as well. I think people just don't like him because he writes clickbaity video titles.

I love Belluar's gaming industry news videos, but I unsubbed from his WoW channel a long time ago. He kept theorycrafting for the game's storyline. Don't mistake me I love speculating about the story and that's one of the things I talk about the most, but since Metzen left the WoW storyline lost all credibility, and it was just... I don't know... sorta sad watching him continue to give the writers more credit than they deserve, only to know that speculation will only be met with disappointment every time.

@Poppincaps @Val the Moofia Boss

I dont like Bellular because:

"as a game designer myself i know this is true"
    "Thats just a fact"
    "This is what Blizzard needs to do"
    "This is better and thats just a fact"
    "This is worse and thats just a fact"

He is like this all the time, acting all knowing and superior to Blizzard developers when he has no experience whatsoever and still calls himself a "game designer"
    He is completely and utterly...dishonest, clickbait, wrong and is noticeable 100% he knows all of this and just doesnt care
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-06-07 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, FFXIV youtubers are pretty cringey.
    Wait, people actually watch that nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    • Nonsense? Hm... well I don't think any of them are super trashy.
    • Work to Game has 60k subscribers, uploads at least one video a day (mostly guides for new players, regurgitating info, etc), gets at least 1-2k views per average video. Sometimes their videos get upwards of 50k views. If you've been playing FFXIV for a year there is no reason to sub to him.
    • Meoni has 80k subscribers, uploads multiple videos a week regurgitating the smallest bit of news, be it a new store mount or a new screenshot being posted on a patch website, or something Yoshida off handedly said in an interview, or whatever. His average video gets between 5k and 20k views, gets 50k views more often than Work to Game. Stay subbed only if you just want a news feed of everything FFXIV so you don't miss anything.
    • Mr. Happy has 180k subscribers. He leans towards raid guides and hour long podcast discussions with other streamers (namely Ethys and SlyTheFox). Gets 5k views for his raid guilds and 10k to 20k for his other stuff like news and podcasts. Has a habit of dominating the conversation in the podcasts. Maybe sub if you're a raider.
    • Ethys is more into the lore of the game. I suppose he's a little bit like the Nobbel of FFXIV but doesn't put together as well produced videos. I guess maybe sub if you want to here a FFXIV lore nerd speculate about the game.
    • SlyTheFox is probably the most interesting guy to listen to out of all of them. Astute observations of stuff, and he's pretty honest. Doesn't hold his tongue or anything about how he feels, doesn't rage, etc. Wish he had a Youtube channel.
    • And ofcourse there is Zepla who has 160k subscribers. Is pleasant to listen to. I stay subbed to her because she doesn't clog up my subscriptions with useless videos and they're usually straight to the point, explain what the thing she is talking about is, and breaks down her feelings on it. If she has a video it's usually worthwhile.

On a related note, if you're really into story and game design, I'd recommend checking out the Lorerunner (Final Fantasy and Warcraft supernerd). He goes into detail about the people who made a game and the history behind its development and interviews. He has a let's play of Shadowbringers and the patch content up to 5.3 (he's saving 5.4 and 5.5 for when he does Endwalker) and his breakdowns are pretty insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The only good channel was Speakers Network back when they covered 1.0 content instead of releasing useless weekly podcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though