Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp got my RDM relic complete. Not that fond of the final model but compared to how i didn't even get past the +1 of the Eureka one after finishing a bunch of ARR and HW ones its a nice return to form that the grind didn't seem so tedious i just tapped out at the start.
    Yeah, I always forge through with my "main" class, regardless of how the relics actually look. It's tradition. Once I have that in my hands, I start looking for what looks good with other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post

...what in the hell, Square.

Team Ninja. Did anyone expect better writing from the people who gave us Other M?

Well I'm bummed. I have 100 moogle tomes I can't spend because Square for some reason opted to remove the option to spend them with the conclusion of the event. In the past they've always kept the vendor up even after the event ended.

Well I'm bummed. I have 100 moogle tomes I can't spend because Square for some reason opted to remove the option to spend them with the conclusion of the event. In the past they've always kept the vendor up even after the event ended.
    They did say taht from the very start. Once the event ends, it will be removed promptly and iirc, that you won't even be able to spend them when the event returns later, unlike with previous moogle tomes.

I guess I missed that memo. I wonder why they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Yeah, I always forge through with my "main" class, regardless of how the relics actually look. It's tradition. Once I have that in my hands, I start looking for what looks good with other classes.
    At least the stats for RDM are pretty damn good. I think this one might be the best RDM weapon in the game right now. Which means aside from armour upgrades my main job is stress free till november.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join the club, I too forgot to buy the second emote and now have 100 useless tomes.

Looks like Endwalker and GW2: EoD are going to release around the same time. Which to play? Ughhh
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2021-06-16 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They are better. They removed a lot of the dumb shit like searching for ingredients for Minfilia's mom's perfume. Flying also makes it go smoother as well since you can get around more quickly.

Parts of it are still a little bit of a slog, but you can't really remove some of those bits because they become relevant later on.
    to bad how they handle flying is bad, old expacs should just have it not chasing down aether (Spelling), and random quest for it I a zone you might not come back to if you are just starting and catching up on the MSQ for the game.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    to bad how they handle flying is bad, old expacs should just have it not chasing down aether (Spelling), and random quest for it I a zone you might not come back to if you are just starting and catching up on the MSQ for the game.
    Still boatloads better compared to what WoW does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hunting down the currents honestly isn't that bad especially since there are a million maps of them. The quest portion also makes no sense since the quests that give a current are all MSQ I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    @Poppincaps @Val the Moofia Boss

I dont like Bellular because:

"as a game designer myself i know this is true"
    "Thats just a fact"
    "This is what Blizzard needs to do"
    "This is better and thats just a fact"
    "This is worse and thats just a fact"

He is like this all the time, acting all knowing and superior to Blizzard developers when he has no experience whatsoever and still calls himself a "game designer"
    He is completely and utterly...dishonest, clickbait, wrong and is noticeable 100% he knows all of this and just doesnt care
    He has some okay videos, usually the lore ones, but usually just makes populist stuff for clicks that some people like cause it makes them feel validated. He often lacks good substance or good insight.

He’s pretty much the Fox News of WoW content creators.

If you watch the podcast clip videos he pretty much has the same 3 conversations in every new clip video he makes. It’s like watching the same thing over and over again, but slightly reworded with a different title.

With that being said I do watch them sometimes.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-06-17 at 04:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a few Asmongold videos and all he seems to do is complain.
    I don't get why FFXIV fans want a bunch of salty old WoW boomers and their toxic twitch chats to invade the polite and welcoming community they've cultivated over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think the Bozja content itself was fantastic. Castrum, Delibrum, and Dalraida were all quite fun, the Critical Engagements were also fun, and I enjoyed the story. It honestly exceeded any of the open world content that WoW has done in a very long time.

But yes, the final stage of the relics look like ass. Some of the 2nd stages look really good though.
    Agree with all of that.

Bozja/Zednos was some of the best mmo content i have experienced in a while.
    Yes, it can get repetitive if you do it a lot, but it sure is fun because of the critical engagements and the raids breaking up the fates/mob farming.

Really wish they made all base zones like it, but yoshiP shut that down due to resources. Much sadness. They are onto something there though. Wish they had the resources to make the game even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you serious? It does it really well. Is it that bothersome to travel around the zone and click a few things with a compass guiding you? Is exploring so terrible?
    Honestly... maybe you want to grind 4 reps and wait 2 patches? Jesus... i don't understand how anyone can say that. Flying in FF is a god send. Just pop your compass while you are doing the story in the zone the first time around. When you finish the story in the zone you are rewarded with flying.

If you think there is a better way, please let us know.
    Btw, you will return to all zones. Be it story or just leveling other jobs, combat or crafter, or other mini-games.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-06-17 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    The hunting down the currents honestly isn't that bad especially since there are a million maps of them. The quest portion also makes no sense since the quests that give a current are all MSQ I believe.
    def. not all MSQ .. I've only unlocked flying in maybe 1-2 zones and had to look up what other quest you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Still boatloads better compared to what WoW does.
    maybe for current content but for legacy content not true imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Agree with all of that.

Bozja/Zednos was some 9f tge best mmo content u have experienc edd in a while.
    Yes, it can get repetitive if you do it a lot, but it sure is fun because of the critical engagements and the raids breaking up the fates/mob farming.

Really wish they made all base zones like it, but yoshiP shut that down due to resources. Much sadness. They are onto something there though. Wish they had the resources to make the game even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you serious? It does it really well. Is it that bothersone to travel around the zone and click a few things with a compass guiding you? Is exploring so terrible?
    Honestly... maybe you want to grind 4 reps and wait 2 patches? Jesus... i don't understand how anyone can say that. Flying in FF is a god send. Just pop your compass while you are doing the story in the zone the first time around. When you finish the story in the zone you are rewarded with flying.

If you think there is a better way, please let us know.
    Btw, you will return to all zones. Be it story or just leveling other jobs, combat or crafter, or other mini-games.
    not true.. I've been doing only MSQ quest and had to look up to see which other quest i needed to unlock flying, but more so i was referring to how they handle flying in old content is horrible imo. Heavenward, and stormblood should just be flying enabled.

this is the quest guide i've been using to focus on MSQ till i catch up to current:
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...cenario_Quests

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    They're not all MSQ, some are "side quests" but they're marked and therefore easily recognizable and usually pretty short.

def. not all MSQ .. I've only unlocked flying in maybe 1-2 zones and had to look up what other quest you need.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe for current content but for legacy content not true imo

- - - Updated - - -

not true.. I've been doing only MSQ quest and had to look up to see which other quest i needed to unlock flying, but more so i was referring to how they handle flying in old content is horrible imo. Heavenward, and stormblood should just be flying enabled.

this is the quest guide i've been using to focus on MSQ till i catch up to current:
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...cenario_Quests
    What do you mean not true? The quests you need have a + and you can see if they reward a aether current. They are short and just have you explore the zone a bit. You don't need to look up a guide for that. I've always unlocked flying on every zone when i did the last MSQ quest on it.

Why is it horrible? Again, pop your compass when you are in the zone for the first time doing the msq. Do them in tandem with the msq quests. What is bad about this? You don't like exploring the zone?
    It sounds to me like you are wanting to rush through it for some reason. That is not the best thing to do in this game. This game does not discard it's old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    What do you mean not true? The quests you need have a + and you can see if they reward a aether current. They are short and just have you explore the zone a bit. You don't need to look up a guide for that. I've always unlocked flying on every zone when i did the last MSQ quest on it.

Why is it horrible? Again, pop your compass when you are in the zone for the first time doing the msq. Do them in tandem with the msq quests. What is bad about this? You don't like exploring the zone?
    It sounds to me like you are wanting to rush through it for some reason. That is not the best thing to do in this game. This game does not discard it's old content.
    the not true was in reference to having to only do only MSQ quests. personally, it's horrible to have any requirement in legacy content/zones. Even wow drops flying restrictions for past expacs. Current content scouting the currents and side quest are OK, not great but I'd rate current content flying above wow (I'm assuming its in from the very start?)

Yes, currently my sole focus is the MSQ to catch up a bit before the next expac, if there is time I'll go back and do some side quest (prob for flying in legacy zones it seems).

Even wow drops flying restrictions for past expacs.
    It didn't. It only dropped the requirements when the lvl squish dropped. When you started in BfA and wanted to fly in Broken Isles or WoD... better grind those reps and for MoP you needed that flying tome thing (although most had it anyways). They only allowed everyone to fly everywhere with Shadowlands, due to the leveling changes, since it'd be weird if you can fly in TBC > MoP, but not in the ones that released afterwards.

Those requirements were part of why people hated the pathfinder way of doing it and said "just do it like MoP!" so people could just buy it asap, rather than having to do reps they don't care about and such.
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2021-06-17 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    It didn't. It only dropped the requirements when the lvl squish dropped. When you started in BfA and wanted to fly in Broken Isles or WoD... better grind those reps and for MoP you needed that flying tome thing (although most had it anyways). They only allowed everyone to fly everywhere with Shadowlands, due to the leveling changes, since it'd be weird if you can fly in TBC > MoP, but not in the ones that released afterwards.

Those requirements were part of why people hated the pathfinder way of doing it and said "just do it like MoP!" so people could just buy it asap, rather than having to do reps they don't care about and such.
    wait really? i swore they dropped WoD's during BFA or even legion? if not i stand corrected x.x SL Flying and mounting in general sucks though (Maw...) so i will say FF14 beats SL for mounting/flying (assuming current content unlock is like what I've seen so far)