Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Ok guys how do I even buy this game? The mog station is so damn confusing I literally don't know what to buy and maybe should i wait for new expansion? Cause I not in a hurry.
    IIRC Endwalker will include the whole game once is released, right now theres a pack with base game plus HVW and Stormblood, Shadowbringers its being sold on his own
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-07-05 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    IIRC Endwalker will include the whole game once is released, right now theres a pack with base game plus HVW and Bloodstorm, Shadowbringers its being sold on his own
    Starter Edition: Everything up to Heavensward. If you buy Shadowbringers you get Stormblood aswell.

Complete Edition: You get everything.

Also, pretty sure you can't buy Endwalker without having bought Starter Edition first.

So before Endwalker comes out, make sure to buy Starter Edition and then Endwalker, once the early access for EW is out you'll also get access to Stormblood and Shadowbringers.

What a shock, turns out FF14 cultists are actually toxic pieces of garbage who totally dont have this faux facade of happiness and friendlyness. Who couldve seen this coming? Ohj wait, everyone already knew that.

And that tweet, lol, and then they wonder why FF14 has this stigma of only being played by mentally ill furries and transpeople.

FF14 players are ten times more toxic than wow players. FF14 players just have to be creative about it, because anything they say will just get them banned. A toxic wow player will just call your dps shit or whatever, or in the worst case, call you a fag. Who cares? Words dont hurt anyone. In FF14, these zealots will stalk and harass you, to grief your gameplay for DAYS. THese people are not normal.

Point in case, there were entire discords created for the sole purpose of harassing asmongold.

I love how the FF14 troons then tried to blame wow players for it. Shameless. Pathetic. Those people harassing and griefing him werent wow players. They were FF14 veterans, lvl 80 with rare timesink mounts.

And why? They should suck his dick for deigning to stream their game. They finally got more than 5k views total on twitch because of him. Someone might actually careto look at this shitty PS3 mmo now. and i say this as someone who hates asmongold. in a single day, FF14 viewership went from 5k to 230k.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    What a shock, turns out FF14 cultists are actually toxic pieces of garbage who totally dont have this faux facade of happiness and friendlyness. Who couldve seen this coming? Ohj wait, everyone already knew that.

And that tweet, lol, and then they wonder why FF14 has this stigma of only being played by mentally ill furries and transpeople.

FF14 players are ten times more toxic than wow players. FF14 players just have to be creative about it, because anything they say will just get them banned. A toxic wow player will just call your dps shit or whatever, or in the worst case, call you a fag. Who cares? Words dont hurt anyone. In FF14, these zealots will stalk and harass you, to grief your gameplay for DAYS. THese people are not normal.

Point in case, there were entire discords created for the sole purpose of harassing asmongold.

I love how the FF14 troons then tried to blame wow players for it. Shameless. Pathetic. Those people harassing and griefing him werent wow players. They were FF14 veterans, lvl 80 with rare timesink mounts.

And why? They should suck his dick for deigning to stream their game. They finally got more than 5k views total on twitch because of him. Someone might actually careto look at this shitty PS3 mmo now. and i say this as someone who hates asmongold. in a single day, FF14 viewership went from 5k to 230k.
    You seem upset, friend.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Hey look an Asmongold fan out here just hurling insults and using bigoted terms to refer to gay and trans people.

You sure seem mad some people might not want the toxicity of Asmongold and fans like you in their game. I can't possibly imagine why after this post you've given us this day.

I'm not a big fan of how he was treated while streaming that first day but if his fans act like you do, then I am beginning to understand why some people do not want them playing in the game.
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-07-05 at 01:04 AM.

funny, because from what i hear, only one party was being toxic, and it wasnt asmongold. oopsie poopsie, was i not supposed to point that out?
    was i supposed to keep pretending that FF14 players are happy little unicorn riding paragons of wholesomeness, and not a bunch of furries, lalafel ERP pedos, and mentally unstable people who LITERALLY will cut themselves if people dont obey their whims?

That FF14 players dont kick people with shit logs? That they dont have a "not so unknown" blacklist?

But hey, ignorance is bliss as they say. Wouldnt wanna burst your little delusional bubble here. After all, no negativety in the dojo. all FF14 players are saints and all that.

That stream was just asmongold viewers griefing him. Yes. asmongold viewers that somehow were all lvl 80 and had rare mounts. really makes you think doesnt it.
    Last edited by Alamhaoingaturlife; 2021-07-05 at 01:09 AM.

funny, because from what i hear, only one party was being toxic, and it wasnt asmongold. oopsie poopsie, was i not supposed to point that out?
    was i supposed to keep pretending that FF14 players are happy little unicorn riding paragons of wholesomeness, and not a bunch of furries, lalafel ERP pedos, and mentally unstable people who LITERALLY will cut themselves if people dont obey their whims?

That FF14 players dont kick people with shit logs? That they dont have a "not so unknown" blacklist?

But hey, ignorance is bliss as they say. Wouldnt wanna burst your little delusional bubble here. After all, no negativety in the dojo. all FF14 players are saints and all that.

That stream was just asmongold viewers griefing him. Yes. asmongold viewers that somehow were all lvl 80 and had rare mounts. really makes you think doesnt it.
    If you wanna shit on someone atleast do it in a normal way dude. Your second post makes you look psychotic.

thats rich, coming from a FF14 player, calling someone psychotic.

thats rich, coming from a FF14 player, calling someone psychotic.
    Actually I'm currently playing ESO, and I plan to resub to WoW to check out 9.1. Ain't playing FF14 until Endwalker comes out.

Correct. The English FF14 community doesn't have the culture of kicking bad players like FFXIV does. There are no blacklists.

The Japanese community doesn't tolerate bad play. They circulate blacklists.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Yeah I was really disappointed how the community acted here. It was incredibly hypocritical and disgusting of the community. And anyone who thinks it's Asmons community, not FF14, it was people with MSQ, raid, and even rarer mounts. Not people on new trial accounts.
    Yeah this is a downside of world visit. Any game with millions of players are bound to have a bunch of assholes and if all of them have the ability to gang together they can do a lot of damage.
    While the WoW solution of cross server tech is worse for the general playerbase the fact that you can't really control it makes it so that things like this can't happen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    but what do I even buy? Should I wait for endwalker?
    Don't buy FF 14 till you go through the 2.1-2.5 grind, if you make it through that part of the game you should be good. Base ARR is good but that patch content has driven many players either away from the game or to the store to buy a skip potion.

Is it possible to output quest texts to chat window?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

People do play different games you know, not everything is black or white. Asmongold have even said it himself that a large portion of his viewers don't even play WoW.

If you look at it through reasonable eyes there were probably a bunch of different groups. Asmongold fans and FFXIV players alike.
    The reasons were probably different too. Some met up with him out of excitement, some out of hate and some trying to be funny.
    As soon as people realized that he wasn't happy with it a lot of them dispersed. If you look at the end of the stream there were like 50 players around him but they weren't being obnoxious, they were just fans.

We all need to start seeing more gray scales in life. Just because I encounter toxic people in m+ regularly doesn't mean that the entire WoW community is toxic, just because I encounter friendly people in the FFXIV duty finder all the time doesn't mean that the entire FFXIV community is friendly.

I'm glad Asmon is giving the game a go. He didn't strike me as the type of player who'd consider it - and diving into an MMO despite apprehension about the visuals or races or music or whatever else for the sake of trying the content is commendable. He's been quite vocal about wanting to try the same type of content - the stuff he enjoys. Mount collecting, transmog, raids, and so on. If he's able to bring to light the good things about FFXIV, things that WoW could or should do (and contrarily, highlight the things WoW might do better) then that's just a good thing all around. He can articulate his thoughts well and I think enough people appreciate that, which is why so many people are treating his playing FF as some sort of paradigm shift.

That said, it'd be nice if people didn't make such a huge deal out of it. Twitch metrics aren't everything. Player subs aren't everything. A streamer's opinion about a game isn't everything. Both games can be good, and players are allowed to have opinions about which they prefer. I didn't quit WoW and start FFXIV because of any of those things.

People following or harassing streamers online is nothing new, and a concentrated amount of people will bring out the worst minorities in any community. For every one player stalking him around as he quests, I'm sure there's a thousand who're pretty content to just sit and watch. You know, like normal people. It's a shame people feel compelled to gatekeep the game to some degree too. FFXIV is bad because of X or Y, WoW is better because A and B, and so on. I promise, if WoW players have opinions about how the game could be better, but still play it, the same is true for the players on FFXIV. The difference is, I think, that many people are starting to find that the issues they have with WoW are starting to outweigh the things they appreciate.

All of this is just a symptom of many variables coming together. A lot of people are getting tired of WoW - and I don't think that's solely because of the pre-patch lacking or anything like that. It's not unreasonable that a lot of players are ready for something new after five, or ten, or even fifteen (or more) years of WoW, several expansions, characters and alts. It's a combination of all that, a long content draught, FFXIV's steady rise over the years and pending expansion release. This wasn't something that just suddenly happened.

That said, I think Asmon does underestimate how much of his viewerbase no longer play WoW and moved to playing FF and are excited to see him playing it. Maybe a little too excited.. and his own viewers trying to troll him is nothing new. It's definitely more his own fanbase clogging up his screen half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    People do play different games you know, not everything is black or white. Asmongold have even said it himself that a large portion of his viewers don't even play WoW.

If you look at it through reasonable eyes there were probably a bunch of different groups. Asmongold fans and FFXIV players alike.
    The reasons were probably different too. Some met up with him out of excitement, some out of hate and some trying to be funny.
    As soon as people realized that he wasn't happy with it a lot of them dispersed. If you look at the end of the stream there were like 50 players around him but they weren't being obnoxious, they were just fans.

We all need to start seeing more gray scales in life. Just because I encounter toxic people in m+ regularly doesn't mean that the entire WoW community is toxic, just because I encounter friendly people in the FFXIV duty finder all the time doesn't mean that the entire FFXIV community is friendly.
    why would a fan grief him?
    Why would a hater go through the entire aidsfest of setting up a squeenix account, and then download an entire mmo, to annoy someone for 10 seconds?

Its time to just face it, the vast majority of them were angry FF14 players crying about muh toxic stinky wow players. because they're so deluded that they cant see they're far more toxic than any wow player ive ever met.

why would a fan grief him?
    Why would a hater go through the entire aidsfest of setting up a squeenix account, and then download an entire mmo, to annoy someone for 10 seconds?

lol.
    It's like you have never watched a stream (of anyone - but especially his)

You are correct to assume that this doesn't make sense, but twitch-chat never does.

Not sure why you are trying to push an agenda though. I guess the new account isn't there for nothing...what a clown.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-07-05 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Because they get to hear how great they are, despite blocking everyone and everything disagreeing with them and therefore only allowing people that don't challenge their views in any way, hindering any sort of personal growth or change/adjustment in opinion.
    I was more asking about the people that read that kind of content instead of the ones that present themselves. I just never got the appeal. *shrug*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    But its the other comment that shocks me. This is some levels of gatekeeping that rivals this forum.

Now watch her cry victim after this... Thank god I left twitter. This behaviour is rampant from people like this. I do not care for Asmongold, in fact I tend to avoid his streams, but I do not hate the guy. But promoting harassment to get a guy kicked from a game.. good lord that's some evil shit.
    Actually she just says that we are to report any unruly behavior. Then let SE's staff handle the rest.

Given the fact, that even you say that Asmongold and his community aren't saints (I know neither of them), I see nothing wrong with that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got married today

This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Got married today

The difference in size is comical. Unless the front seat of the chocobo is literally higher than the backseat.