10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Is it possible to output quest texts to chat window?
    Hmm some of it, yes. Not sure about the voiced cutscenes though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The difference in size is comical. Unless the front seat of the chocobo is literally higher than the backseat.
    Auri have similar sexual dimorphism to Draenei. Their females are the smallest in game (barring Lala) and the males are the largest.
    One can only hope the males are not uuuh... "equipped" proportionally to their size.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Got married today

Congrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    The difference in size is comical. Unless the front seat of the chocobo is literally higher than the backseat.
    Big bois get the smol girls

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Congrats!
    Thank you!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Congrats, Maljinwo!

Still less comical than that female lala and male roe ceremony I saw one time. Talk about a wedding and a funeral!

Casual FFXIV neophyte here. How is the RP community?

I've been considering getting into the game since WoW's RP community just really hasn't been doing it for me for the past few years, but I'm hesitant to immediately leap into another MMO since I'm speaking as a 10+ WoW vet and overall feel a lot more comfortable working with what WoW has to offer by comparison

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Congrats, Maljinwo!

Still less comical than that female lala and male roe ceremony I saw one time. Talk about a wedding and a funeral!
    Thank you!

Oh that poor lala
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Actually she just says that we are to report any unruly behavior. Then let SE's staff handle the rest.
    Indeed. She has already made up her mind though and is going to look for things to report but the good thing about SE is that they take false reports just as serious as real ones so if she's delusional and start making reports for every little thing that she doesn't agree with it's going to backfire on her and she'll see herself in GM jail instead. From what I can tell Asmongold has been behaving exemplary and just tried to play the game normally so there's really nothing to report.

Kinda funny the dude that bitches about store mounts would try a game with more store mounts.

Asmongold single-handedly brought FFXIV into the top 5 most viewed games on Twitch during his stream. I don't think he'll stick with it though: who streams hundreds of hours of Old English text? It's hard to focus while keeping up with the stream and most people will not be entertained by it.
    Last edited by Ashleyxoxo; 2021-07-05 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Asmongold single-handedly brought FFXIV into the top 5 most viewed games on Twitch during his stream. I don't think he'll stick with it though: who streams hundreds of hours of Old English text? It's hard to focus while keeping up with the stream and most people will not be entertained by it.
    He probably won't stick with FF14; eventually his horde of rabid fans will get bored and he'll come back to streaming WoW. Probably tomorrow when the new raid launches. Every time he was supposed to quit streaming WoW for good, he came back eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    So, likely thanks to Asmongold and other streamers, FFXIV has set a new record for itself in concurrent players on Steam: https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantas...cord-on-steam/

The buildup of WoW streamers trying out XIV lately, culminating in Asmongold's playthrough this weekend, really seems to have done the trick in getting a good number of people to pay more attention to the game, at least temporarily. That's a significant difference in the game's old vs new record. Even more amazing, IMO, is when you consider that this is happening during the week of a major WoW patch. This may be the first time I really remember WoW doing something big, like a major patch, and still being eclipsed by another MMO in player interest.
    I didn't see any big WoW streamer trying out FF14 other than Asmongold and AnnieFuchsia lately. The end game streamers have been streaming TBC for the last month, not FF. You gotta wonder whether people have been watching because it was FF14, or because it was Asmongold streaming FF14. He could watch paint dry on stream and still get an immense viewership count.

And the latest WoW raid hasn't been released yet, this week was more the prepatch of the 9.1 patch (no raid, no megadungeon, no new M+ season this week). Just wait for the world first race in one week and you'll see.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-07-05 at 10:53 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the same, but it actually gives a surprisingly lot to talk about...
    I don´t think he will stick with it because, like most of us wow refugees, we will go back to WoW sooner or later. Unless Blizzard really keeps it going this way.. but then again, how suicidal can one be? eventually you splash on the very floor...

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    He probably won't stick with FF14; eventually his horde of rabid fans will get bored and he'll come back to streaming WoW. Probably tomorrow when the new raid launches.
    I think he will, he seems to genuinely enjoy the game. If the viewers don't like it he may continue playing it off stream but I think he'll keep at it because he want to experience the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I think he will, he seems to genuinely enjoy the game. If the viewers don't like it he may continue playing it off stream but I think he'll keep at it because he want to experience the endgame.
    Maybe, we will see. I just hope for your community he won't stick with FF14 for long on stream, I don't think his community and his persona gives the kind of reaction or attention you want for a game with a positive and chill reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Honestly id prefer he just enjoyed it off stream by his own so that the people of the server dont have to be flooded by his fans. id only enjoy watching him strugle with the raiding since he is so unprepared XD
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Im really happy watching him on stream. Its genuinely fascinating how he so identifies with his PC to the point that it really feels like he's roleplaying his... stream? Its such a weird thing, but he's so invested in his character that he ends up really invested in the world of the character as well. Does that make sense? I think thats why its so engrossing watching him play for 5-10 hours at a time. Its like you're listening to asmongold Bald in the Waking sands complain loudly to Minfilia about being sent out on a quest with Yda and papalymo and not Y'shtola (or complaining to Alphinaud that its not his job to fix the problems in Gridania). It just adds so much extra color to the game itself. Im genuinely loving it.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually she just says that we are to report any unruly behavior. Then let SE's staff handle the rest.

Given the fact, that even you say that Asmongold and his community aren't saints (I know neither of them), I see nothing wrong with that.
    Their post states they wants Asmongold (by name) out of the community, and is openly gatekeeping the game and wants anyone to watch him (once again by name) and report anything he does that seems a little out of line... I mean does that seem like fine behaviour to you? It would be like me being sent to watch you day and night while you sleep to when you are a wake to when you work, waiting for you to do something wrong then report you for it all because you are participating in something I like and don't want you to be part of...

Yes there is something wrong with that. Thats harassment.

The only people more toxic than Asmongolds fans are those that dislike Asmongold who will go to great lengths to be bigger assholes by going out of the way to hate him or call him out.

Here's a tip for people, enjoy the game... the women is such a fucking GAMER(TM). Considering the colours they wave you'd think they'd know how bad harassment is to avoid others face the same thing.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-05 at 01:26 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    During the past few days he's pushed some of his highest viewer counts. I think that once he at least finishes A Realm Reborn he will truly have a blast.

Hmm some of it, yes. Not sure about the voiced cutscenes though.
    How? /10chars
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Her post states she wants Asmongold (by name) out of the community, and is openly gatekeeping the game and wants anyone to watch him (once again by name) and report anything he does that seems a little out of line... I mean does that seem like fine behaviour to you? It would be like me being sent to watch you day and night while you sleep to when you are a wake to when you work, waiting for you to do something wrong then report you for it all because you are participating in something I like and don't want you to be part of...

Yes there is something wrong with that. Thats harassment.

The only people more toxic than Asmongolds fans are those that dislike Asmongold who will go to great lengths to be bigger assholes than they say he is lol.
    I'm hoping the lead project manager who openly called Asmon an asshole gets fired, regardless of how well Asmongold himself took that insult. You're representing your own employer publicly and the last thing you should do is badmouth a high profile customer and community figure, regardless of their behaviour.

Not only that, but the post he replied to condones harassment against Asmongold to drive him out of the FFXIV community. If you tried to pull a harassment campaign like this in WoW your account would be nuked from orbit.

This is the kind of unprofessional behaviour that puts your employer into disrepute. May not be as bad as when a Riot employee openly wished death from testicular cancer or a cocaine overdose upon Tyler1, but that is not how you address a major streamer who pulls in the biggest audience for your game.

Blizzard are so incredibly tone-deaf that they almost deserve what's coming to them. I'm really hoping that more major WoW streamers make the switch to FF14, especially when it becomes evident that 9.1 is going to suck.
    Last edited by Clbull; 2021-07-05 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I'm hoping the lead project manager who openly called Asmon an asshole gets fired, regardless of how well Asmongold himself took that insult. You're representing your own employer publicly and the last thing you should do is badmouth a high profile customer and community figure, regardless of their behaviour.

This is the kind of unprofessional behaviour that puts your employer into disrepute. May not be as bad as when a Riot employee openly wished death from testicular cancer or a cocaine overdose upon Tyler1, but that is not how you address a major streamer who pulls in the biggest audience for your game.

Blizzard are so incredibly tone-deaf that they almost deserve what's coming to them. I'm really hoping that more major WoW streamers make the switch to FF14, especially when it becomes evident that 9.1 is going to suck.
    I actually have less of a problem with the lead guy calling Asmongold an asshole and more with the opening post. I think someone said that Asmongold doesn't care for that post either. Something about agreeing that he is one himself, I dunno. But personally the first post is like pretty bad, gatekeeping is a huge pet peeve of mine too. Not a fan.

But you are right, its still shitty though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I actually have less of a problem with the lead guy calling Asmongold an asshole and more with the opening post. I think someone said that Asmongold doesn't care for that post either. Something about agreeing that he is one himself, I dunno. But personally the first post is like pretty bad, gatekeeping is a huge pet peeve of mine too. Not a fan.

But you are right, its still shitty though.
    Absolutely. Hostile gatekeeping like this damages your community.

Besides, I think Square Enix are loving the attention Asmongold is giving to their game right now. He's been pushing some of the highest viewer figures he's ever had on Twitch and FFXIV recently hit its highest record of concurrent players on Steam, higher than the last peak at Shadowbringers' release even - and Endwalker isn't even out until November!