Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's the same price as on steam.
    Depending on whether or not Kinguin includes your countries VAT in that purchase, it might even be cheaper on steam.
    Good, but i dont want to have it on steam. If there is alternative I'd rather go for alternative.

Anyways how do i get car mount? I've heard its coming back.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Good, but i dont want to have it on steam. If there is alternative I'd rather go for alternative.

Once the FFXV crossover restarts, you'll do all of that event's storyline, and then afterwards, you can buy it from a vendor in the gold saucer for 200k MGP, so go do your gold saucer dailies and hoard like a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Once the FFXV crossover restarts, you'll do all of that event's storyline, and then afterwards, you can buy it from a vendor in the gold saucer for 200k MGP, so go do your gold saucer dailies and hoard like a dragon.
    We dont know date yet?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

We dont know date yet?
    The roadmap they posted indicated the crossover event for September, but no actual date.

Sympathies to the new players, making an account was one of the biggest pains in the butt of my FF career. I had to make two separate accounts, one FFXIV and one square enix account and slap them together or some other crazy shit before finally it worked. Square Enix has no idea how many prospects they lose on arbitrary bs like that.

In addition to the response you already got, before the crossover event itself there will be "make it rain" event for gold saucer that doubles the MGP you earn so that will be the easiest time to rack it up.

Mount its not account bound, so start leveling those alts in case you want them to have it

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Mount its not account bound, so start leveling those alts in case you want them to have it
    Why would anyone make alts?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I can tell you why I did; that was because my server became a preferred server, and rather than try to level up jobs doing hundreds of POTD runs I created a new character with the Road to 70 buff. One month later, nearly every combat job is at or above 60. With 2 months to go they'll most likely be at 70 and then I can just farm Bozja for the rest.

Because I like to have different characters with their own concepts, personalities and stories and frankly I'm very annoyed at how anti-alt the game is in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my house finally at 2am Sunday Morning. Little Goblet small lot, number 28. Secluded and the few neighbors I can see are very into the housing system, including one who built in a jumping puzzle. So i am currently lowering the property value :P I never want to deal with that system again. I was at one plot for 14 hours, and lost it at 155am, saw that another plot in same ward was up, so I immediately ran there and called back to my sc2 APM days and spammed 0040, and bought that lot with in a minute of getting there.

As to the alt conversation. I actually tracked down all my alts on different server and deleted them as I really have no need for them and I have no intention of playing them.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Sympathies to the new players, making an account was one of the biggest pains in the butt of my FF career. I had to make two separate accounts, one FFXIV and one square enix account and slap them together or some other crazy shit before finally it worked. Square Enix has no idea how many prospects they lose on arbitrary bs like that.
    This has always been one of my biggest complaints about FF14 - They just don't make it easy on their customers. New expansions tend to be bloody awful. The past couple have had you buy the game on the store, travel to a second site to redeem the purchase code to unlock a second access code, which you then use on a third site to unlock the product code to apply to your account. It's a lot of hassle for something that should be as simple as it can possably be.

It shouldn't be this hard or this much of a pain in the neck to exchange money for a product, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    This has always been one of my biggest complaints about FF14 - They just don't make it easy on their customers. New expansions tend to be bloody awful. The past couple have had you buy the game on the store, travel to a second site to redeem the purchase code to unlock a second access code, which you then use on a third site to unlock the product code to apply to your account. It's a lot of hassle for something that should be as simple as it can possably be.

It shouldn't be this hard or this much of a pain in the neck to exchange money for a product, surely?
    Thankfully on Steam it's pretty straightforward: buy the game, enter the code in Mogstation. I wonder why their own option is more cumbersome than third party.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    To play multiple races I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Because I like to have different characters with their own concepts, personalities and stories and frankly I'm very annoyed at how anti-alt the game is in general.
    To me, it's one of it's best features.
    While I totally get the RP angle, I love having access to all classes on one char.

Also, XIV is a total pain to play (and unlock ugh) on multiple characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Got my house finally at 2am Sunday Morning.
    Uuh, congrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Uuh, congrats!
    God, im just glad its over. The housing system needs fixed something fierce. I think i sat at 16 placards in 8 days trying to buy before i got one, which I am sure is not much in the long scheme of things but I am too old to be staying up til 2am.

This part directed toward conversation not directly to Granyala.

Also, alts do not work with houses to my knowledge. Each would need their own, which i guess would be okay if you were looking to have multiple gardening plots without having to buy a medium\large house. But this game is designed where the player is one character. That is why you can do whatever you want, they even have NPCs that change jobs (alphie boy going Sage from Scholar etc). Outside of maybe having an alt on a different region (Can you do that?) with Datacenter travel inc, there is really no reason to have one. The races are entirely aesthetic at this point, so I guess if you are just doing RP stuff, even they dont matter.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, alts do not work with houses to my knowledge. Each would need their own, which i guess would be okay if you were looking to have multiple gardening plots without having to buy a medium\large house. But this game is designed where the player is one character. That is why you can do whatever you want, they even have NPCs that change jobs (alphie boy going Sage from Scholar etc). Outside of maybe having an alt on a different region (Can you do that?) with Datacenter travel inc, there is really no reason to have one. The races are entirely aesthetic at this point, so I guess if you are just doing RP stuff, even they dont matter.
    I think alts used to be able to buy houses but they fixed that because people abused it to scalp them. (now there's a shocker)
    Outside of "being used to it" from other MMOs, the only reason to make an alt, is if you want to do the quests again.
    There's new game+ but IIRC that's only the main story quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think alts used to be able to buy houses but they fixed that because people abused it to scalp them. (now there's a shocker)
    Outside of "being used to it" from other MMOs, the only reason to make an alt, is if you want to do the quests again.
    There's new game+ but IIRC that's only the main story quest.
    Not needing alts is a fun thing for me. Since i got the house, i was kinda broke, so i wanted to furnish it, but instead of buying stuff, i was making it all myself. I loved being able to flip to botanist to gather the lumber, switch to mining to get the metal, and then carpenter to put it all together. Also at any point being able to switch my combat job is great. Honestly, as someone that has 15 max or near max level characters on WOW, being able to focus on and curate stuff for a single character is so refreshing.

That said, i did not know fantasia did not give a rename. I had a free fantasia from something and I decided I did not want to be a catgirl anymore (never made a personal connection with the character), i switched to male Au Ra and am much happier.

Still contemplating becoming a potato at some point......

To me, it's one of it's best features.
    While I totally get the RP angle, I love having access to all classes on one char.

Also, XIV is a total pain to play (and unlock ugh) on multiple characters.
    All jobs being accessible on one character is not something that bothers me, I can simply just not do that. It's the latter part there; biggest offender by far being the whole MSQ forced on all alts again after the first playthrough on your main - yes you can buy skips but that's a ridiculous amount of money for multiple characters. Secondly you can't mail items/money to your alts - yes you could get around that by having them all in the same FC and using the chest, but that's not always an option. Account-bound stuff would also be nice, but I could do without that. Mostly I just really wish MSQ wasn't mandatory after the first time - it was great once, all that multiple times again drives me up the wall and besides, all of their stories can't be the exact same - though I know that's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Twen; 2021-07-08 at 08:49 AM.

Still contemplating becoming a potato at some point......
    And this is why Fantasia is a gateway "drug." You get 1 free fantasia for completing the ARR MSQ, then you decide you want to change to an Au Ra. But later, you contemplate turning in to a Lalafell, and it all goes down hill from there!

Next you'll be a Vierra!

Just say no to Fantasia!

On a serious note: I did use Fantasia, twice, on an Alt. First time to change the gender of my Au Ra from female to male. 2nd to change the type of Au Ra so I can turn him in to a meme character.

Considering using the fantasia on my main to switch from Miqo'te to Female Au Ra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    And this is why Fantasia is a gateway "drug." You get 1 free fantasia for completing the ARR MSQ, then you decide you want to change to an Au Ra. But later, you contemplate turning in to a Lalafell, and it all goes down hill from there!

Next you'll be a Vierra!

Just say no to Fantasia!

On a serious note: I did use Fantasia, twice, on an Alt. First time to change the gender of my Au Ra from female to male. 2nd to change the type of Au Ra so I can turn him in to a meme character.

Considering using the fantasia on my main to switch from Miqo'te to Female Au Ra.
    I wont got bunny cause no hats, and i got a cool hat.

But lala....lala is the dark side, and im easily tempted.......