It's only the 'fixed' seasonal event items that show up on the cash shop, anyway. A few exceptions exist but generally speaking promotional events for games are in a different category to seasonal events. So you can always expect stuff from the Moonfire Faire, for example, to show up on the Mog Station the year after but there's no guarantee that stuff from crossover events will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You know the regalia its coming on september and doing the fashion weekly 2 times will give you 160k MGP thanks to thr make it rain event right?
    I know nothing. I've been playing less than a month, don't have a level 50 yet, have never done Golden Saucer outside of the unlock quest, and have never done any of the events. I have no idea what Make It Rain is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Likewise I miss Taliesin for Thancred despite enjoying our new VA for him...
    I haven't liked either VAs for him. It's the one character casting I think was way off both times, he just doesn't sound anything like what the character looks like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    So you can always expect stuff from the Moonfire Faire, for example, to show up on the Mog Station the year after but there's no guarantee that stuff from crossover events will be there.
    Yeah, but it's a cross over event with their own game series. Near as I can tell, all the costumes from previous FF titles are either still available in game or in the shop. It'd be a little odd if FFXV were a 2x only thing and then gone forever, but if that's the case I'll just have to deal with no Regalia.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I have a story-related question. Keep in mind I'm finishing up SB (currently on 4.5), so if this is explained later, let me know.

I'm confused as to the Ascian's goal. They seem to want to shed chaos throughout Hyaedalyn by bringing about primals to cause an umbral calamity, yet Eldibus (controlling Zenos) and Solus both say that it's the empire's job to bring about balance between light and dark.

But if their goal is chaos through primals, why are they using the empire to balance light and dark? I thought they were trying to favor dark (Zodiark)? I thought they were using the empire to drive other nations to summon primals under the guise that they want to destroy primals (but secretly want more of them)?
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2021-07-21 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Some of the ARR voice actors were decent but most were mediocre. I vastly prefer the new voice actors.

Furthermore, fantasy settings largely draw on European influences more often than not so for English voice acting it works better to have actual English voices as far as I'm concerned.

I do wish they went a step further and had French accents for Ishgardian characters, though we have the French language version for that I suppose.
    I swear there are 4 different voice actors for Midgard between when you first encounter him, until the last time I spoke with him during lol 53 ish quests.

First time you speak with him, he has a deep voice and speaks in a faux old English accent, but seems eloquent, like Smaug.

Second time, it's like talking with a senior citizen who is struggling to remember words, extremely slow.

3rd time, mix of the previous 2, less old English.

4th time, this sounds like a completely different choice actor, not as deep, speaks faster, toned down old English.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I have a story-related question. Keep in mind I'm finishing up SB (currently on 4.5), so if this is explained later, let me know.

I'm confused as to the Ascian's goal. They seem to want to shed chaos throughout Hyaedalyn by bringing about primals to cause an umbral calamity, yet Eldibus (controlling Zenos) and Solus both say that it's the empire's job to bring about balance between light and dark.

But if their goal is chaos through primals, why are they using the empire to balance light and dark? I thought they were trying to favor dark (Zodiark)? I thought they were using the empire to drive other nations to summon primals under the guise that they want to destroy primals (but secretly want more of them)?
    These things are answered before you finish 5.55. Just got there myself. Been blitzing the MSQ the last few days and I finally finished. Now going to go back and do some stuff like Omega (which I heard was super fun) and the Nier stuff.

If you have too much light, you get the 1rst, if you have too much dark, you get the void planet

Anyone else who likes Miqote but hates cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be explained in detail during the ShB storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Why would anyone hate kitties?
    I mean I am allergic to them, so I may never visit a cat owner nor cuddle with the actual animal but I still love them.
    Stupid allergies. >.<

The truth is that the writers didn't have any idea what the Ascians were trying achieve until they started writing the story for Shadowbringers 5.0, after Stormblood 4.0 released. We hear Elidibus paying lip service to "balance between light and dark" in the ARR patches but that idea was never elaborated upon and is then retconned/forgotten when ShB 5.0 released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    *raises hand*
    My cat would never allow me to pet it. Half the time, whenever I reached out to pet it, it would start biting and clawing my hand. The other half of the time when my hand actually reached the cat, she would start attacking me after a few seconds. Every day, I would be sitting down in a chair, and then the cat would suddenly start attacking my leg (and sometimes draw blood!) and I'd have to lock her up in the bathroom until she calmed down. She looked cute but she was mean and I never want a cat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    *raises hand*
    My cat would never allow me to pet it. Half the time, whenever I reached out to pet it, it would start biting and clawing my hand. The other half of the time when my hand actually reached the cat, she would start attacking me after a few seconds. Every day, I would be sitting down in a chair, and then the cat would suddenly start attacking my leg (and sometimes draw blood!) and I'd have to lock her up in the bathroom until she calmed down. She looked cute but she was mean and I never want a cat again.
    I thought all cats were sweethearts until we adopted a female Russian Blue from the shelter. She was tiny and adorable so we instantly loved her, but we should've paid attention to the fact that even as a kitten she wanted nothing to do with us.

Every other cat I've had as an adult has been male, either tuxedo or solid black, and they've been personable and affectionate. We learned our lesson with our grey girl though and nurture doesn't trump nature as much as I thought. Whenever I know someone is looking for a cat I recommend spending time with some in shelters or rescues to find one that has the personality they want. All kittens are cute, not all kittens grow up to be good companions. Fostering is also great if you're in a position to do it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that every time there is a male Lalafell with a moustache on screen, they end up wanting me dead?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Why is it that every time there is a male Lalafell with a moustache on screen, they end up wanting me dead?
    All lalafell are evil
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

just did my first delebrum with 24 players using debuffs and pure essences

15minutes instead of the usual 35-45

was so nice

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The truth is that the writers didn't have any idea what the Ascians were trying achieve until they started writing the story for Shadowbringers 5.0, after Stormblood 4.0 released. We hear Elidibus paying lip service to "balance between light and dark" in the ARR patches but that idea was never elaborated upon and is then retconned/forgotten when ShB 5.0 released.
    Is that the truth? I'd love to see an interview with Yoshida or Ishikawa where they say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    Is that the truth? I'd love to see an interview with Yoshida or Ishikawa where they say this.
    The shift in narrative direction, storylines and ideas being dropped, retcons, and changes in characterizations are quite apparent on a second playthrough.
    Spoiler: 

• The Ul'dah storyline that was set up in the ARR patches anti-climatically fizzles out in HW 3.0, with all of the consequences retconned away (everybody comes back from the dead). The writers either didn't know how to end it, or what plans they had were tossed out the window when they had to write HW 3.0.
    • The Stormblood short story about Zenos' childhood shows us that Zenos was a bored young man with too much time on his hands, who started becoming bloodthirsty after an encounter with an assassin. The Shadowbringers patches retcons Zenos' motivations: every single time he goes to sleep, he dreams of Amaurot. Fandaniel insinuates that Emet-Selch may have altered or warped Zenos into the way he is. These dreams directly contradict the Stormblood short story, as it ends with Zenos sleeping soundly, which makes sense as the Amaurot backstory for the Ascians had not been created yet.
    • Midgardsomr is pretty wonkily written. At the end of 2.5, he begins following the WoL around, and pops up throughout the 3.0 storyline. At the end of 3.0, he flies off and is never seen again... until the Omega storyline during Stormblood, at which point he pops up again and reveals that he has been following the WoL around the entire time since 3.0. Um... what? If he was still following the WoL around, then why didn't he ever pop up again? There were a dozen different times when he would have been interested in what was going on and would have wanted to get a word in, such as when the WoL met Hydaelyn at the Anti-Tower. Or the confrontations with the WoDs. Or when they met Hydaelyn again. Or Shinryu using Nidhogg's eyes. Etc.
    • Stormblood completely retcons Gaius, first with him being retconned from an tyrannical dictator so hated that the Ala Mhigan resistance pursued him all the way to Eorzea just to kill him, to being "the good governor who was actually beloved!". And his characterization in the Stormblood patches is at complete odds with how he actually acted in the ARR storyline (as well as being impossible given how Garlemald is depicted by the time of Stormblood. With how evil Garlemald is retconned into being by the time of late SB, there is no way Gaius could have climbed up so far into the ranks and not be willingly complicit in evil. It's like trying to say that General Revil from Gundam was "the one good general in the Federation!".
    • The ARR story and early HW had an emphasis on political storylines and had some semblance of consequences, but by the time of late Stormblood and Shadowbringers the writers don't give a damn about the political storylines, instead glossing over them to focus on the occult plot, and even minor side characters have impenetrable plot armor.
    • Heavensward 3.0 sets up Varis as the big bad of FFXIV, as a man who truly believes that taking over the world will be for the greater good. He's everything Gaius believes him to be. Then the final patch of Stormblood retcons him into being crazy evil "kill everyone for the sake of it", the kind of man Gaius would hate because Garlemald is supposed to be taking over the world and ruling over everyone, not killing everyone! And then he gets written out of the story at the end of Shadowbringers 5.0 because evidently it was decided that 6.0 would be the last expansion before the soft reboot and the Garlemald war wasn't interesting enough (and a whole bunch of other storylines were cancelled/rushed/wrapped up as well).
    • Shadowbringers throws away a lot of plotlines, such as Garlemald, Limsa's pirate politics, the asspull cure for Tempering, decades of beast-tribe and city state hostility being forgotten overnight, Etc.

Retcons

• In 1.0 and ARR 2.0, the WoL isn't the only Warrior of Light; there are many Warriors of Light chosen by Hydaelyn and running around Eorzea. As the game goes on, this is quietly forgotten, and by the time of Stormblood and Shadowbringers the player WoL is treated as if they are the only one chosen by Hydaelyn on the Source.
    • In ARR 2.0, it is stated that the hard mode Primals you fight in the postgame are the same Primals you fought earlier, and that primal spirits hang around in the Lifestream until resummoned into physical reality. This is retconned later on, as each primal summoned is a different one (Primal Summoning is just fancy creation magic, pretty much the act of creating a familiar). The Shiva in Shadowbringers is not that same as Yslaye, and so on.
    • In ARR 2.1, the Scions give us exposition on how the Ascians survive being killed: they have the echo and a crystal of darkness. When they die, their soul leaves their body and begins heading towards the Lifestream, but if there was a crystal of darkness on the body at the time of death, and the crystal is used up and the soul can avoid going back to the Lifestream, and possess another body. In Stormblood, Zenos dies and was surprised to have come back from the dead. It is never mentioned that he had a crystal of darkness on his person. In the Stormblood short story about Zenos, Zenos does use crystals to cast abilities (because he is Garlean and has no aether), but it feels bizzare that this was never brought up in the game.
    • In ARR 2.0, Ifrit tries to temper the WoL, but fails, and states that his tempering didn't work because the WoL has already been claimed by another, implying that Hydaelyn has tempered the WoL. This is retconned in Stormblood, when it is stated that the echo is what made the WoL immune to tempering.
    • In the Warring Triad questline, Regula is said to be one of Emperor Varis' closest lifelong friends. And yet, after Regula dies, Varis never talks about Regula, not even once. At least Vayne and Venat lamented Dr. Cid when they learned of his demise in FFXII.
    • Yda is retconned into actually being Yda's sister, Lyse. There was nothing foreshadowing this prior to the reveal being dropped. It's quite obvious that they only came up with this after Heavensward 3.0 released and Stormblood was being written.
    • During the Omega raid storyline, Cid makes a big deal about the Ironworks not existing to make weapons, but existing to make people free. But then in the Sorrow of Werylt questline, he is making a huge weapon: the G-Warrior.
    • The new races and jobs were retconned into the story. Au Ra, Viera, and Hrothgar are apparently supposed to be just as populous as any other race (and they make up the majority races in certain powerful nations, such as Bozja and the Azim Steppe), yet they were literally never mentioned until the expansion in which they dropped. Gunblades were heavily implied to be unique Garlean weapons, but then ShB retcons them into being Hrothgar inventions, etc.
    • In 5.3, G'raha Tia uses the Crystal Tower to obliterate Elidibus, comparing the Crystal Tower to White Auracite. It makes sense that Elidibus would have overlooked or not have known about this, as he was not involved in the creation of tower. Emet was... which creates a plothole for 5.0. Why did Emet walk around the Crystarium and inside the Crystal Tower if he knew that at any time, he could have been one shotted by the Exarch? Emet only expresses fear of being killed by the WoL, hence why when he introduces himself to the Scions, Emet sends an illusion (which Urianger dispells). So why doesn't he stay away from the tower and send illusions inside instead?
    • In the 2.0 ARR story, Gaius tells his lieutenant, Livia, "my quarters. 10 minutes", implying that he's having sex with her. The 5.4. Sorrow of Werylt story retcons this, saying that Gaius never had a sexual relationship with her, and that he never made an advance on her, and that it was all Livia just crushing on him.
    • In the 2.0 ARR story, Gaius tells his lieutenant, Livia, "my quarters. 10 minutes", implying that he's having sex with her. The 5.4. Sorrow of Werylt story retcons this, saying that Gaius never had a sexual relationship with her, and that he never made an advance on her, and that it was all Livia just crushing on him.

Dropped storylines and ideas:

• In the 2.0 MSQ, during the Company of Heroes arc, you meet a conscripted Garlean soldier named Drex, hiding out in a shack in La Noscea. He's the first Garlemald affiliated character we meet in the story, and it's quite effective at humanizing Garemald, as he's portrayed as a shivering, pathetic man who just wants to go home and see his family again. It is brought up that he does not have enough money to afford passage back home, so he is trying to take up work to scrounge together the money. This plotline is never brought up again and we don't see the character in Ala Mhigo or Doma. Maybe we will get to see him in Bozja or Garlemald, but it's looking like he's been forgotten.
    • In the 2.0 MSQ, during the Lahabrea Investigation arc, you go to Little Ala Mhigo and meet the head of the refugees, an old warrior named Gundobald. At the end of the arc, he promises the youths that when the time to overthrow Garlemald in Ala Mhigo comes, he will lead their group in battle. Gundobald never shows up in Stormblood, nor is he mention. Strangely, another 2.0 Ala Mhigan NPC, Meffrid, shows up in Stormblood, and is a major character during the first 1/3rd of the story.
    • In the 2.1 MSQ, Elidibus is introduced. He walks into Waking Sands and only Minfillia and the WoL can see him. Tataru walks right by him and doesn't see him, implying that the Ascians are like the FFXII Occuria in that they can selectively choose who they reveal themselves to, but those with the Echo can always see them. This ability never pops up again. Afterwards, every Ascian can be seen by anyone at all times.

But we also have dozens of interviews from Yoshida and the writing team on how they were making up the story as they went along.
    Spoiler: 

The whole story was not planned from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshida
    At the onset of A Realm Reborn, we worked hard just to sprinkle mysteries throughout the story. Of course, we had to avoid including any threads that might severely restrict future story developments and interspersed these mysteries while keeping it somewhat open-ended so that we could be agile and connect them however and whenever we saw fit. I think our players contributed to the success of this format because the community has always voiced their thoughts and observations of the story and read deeply into the scenario, which kept us trying our hardest to weave all of the strands together.
    Link

The Crystal Tower series was not planned to set up Shadowbringers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishikawa
    When we first introduced the Crystal Tower series and the conclusion it had, the team did have this feeling of “Oh we would love to have him come back in some way, some time” and we still hadn’t pinpointed when we wanted to introduce him back. Those two ideas existed and when Yoshida brought up the idea of Shadowbringers, when we were trying to decide on the story and the central gimmick of where we want to take the narrative, I felt it would click to have him come back and that it was the appropriate time.
    Link

When we were creating the Crystal Tower content as the alliance raid way back when, we never imagined we were going to use this character in such a storyline, and we didn't have it planned at that time.

There were considerations and discussions that if there was a case where we had to reset FFXIV in our expanding of the game and whatnot, whether we would reuse the character or not. But nothing was really set in stone.
    Link

On what was planned for the First:

First and foremost, when we were thinking about Patch 3.4, around three years ago, when we were trying to decide what the story was going to be like, we did have the thought that we wanted to depict the realm being shattered. Because the realm is shattered into fourteen different worlds, including The Source, we wanted to explain that through our narrative at one point. Not necessarily for the next expansion, but we wanted to make sure we allocated some time to depict that storyline.

When we actually finalized that we’re taking our adventurers to The First for Shadowbringers was around August of 2017.

The reason why that specific timing is because that’s when I had to sit down and think about what the game design is going to be for Shadowbringers 5.0 and I had to come up with a script, or text-based storyboard, for the opening trailer.
    Link

The writing team began writing the outline for Shadowbringers one month after Stormblood 4.0's release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishikawa
    The outline of what we wanted to do for Shadowbringers was already being discussed a little over a month after Stormblood was released so I’m afraid not much of the feedback would have made a large impact on the framework of the narrative.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerescape
    The development process for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers started in Summer of 2017 shortly after the release of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida approached the team with a few directives: “Let’s go to the First!”, and “It would be cool to add trusts and bring the Scions into the dungeons.”
    Link

On writing the outlines for an expansion's base story:

First of all, when we are thinking about an upcoming expansion, thinking about the storyline and what the purpose is going to be and what kind of situation we’re going to have, it’s all decided at this Scenario Boot Camp, as we call it. It’s a four-day, concentrated meeting session.

Of course, we say “Boot Camp”, but it would be nice if it were at some sort of nice, air-conditioned hotel or at a resort somewhere, but no. We borrow a temporary meeting room that’s off-site from our office, and we just can ourselves in there, and just discuss and hash out the scenario for four days, and a majority of what we’re going to do in the storyline and the plot is decided at that meeting.

From that discussion, we don’t suddenly just make the lore, but we want to focus on what kind of story experience we want our players to have. So we start to think about where is this going to take place? What is the drama that we want to create with the cast of characters? Or what kind of encounters we will have to face? And sort of make those as our plot, and write those out. And then we start to build the lore around it, so that we can build and excite these different plot points.

For example, we have the Rak’Tika Greatwood. We were thinking about this massive forest, and there’s some kind of old history associated with it, we would like for the players to be enthralled in that history, and that’s about as far as we talk about at the Scenario Boot Camp.

From that, we go to developing our plot. So we’ll think about, “OK, we want Y’shtola to be prominent in that area,” and we’re going to unravel the story behind those old ruins that they find in the Greatwood, and they decide the theme from there. And then we take it to the Lore Team to build the lore around it. What are these ruins that we find within the Greatwood? Since when have they existed? What kind of deity did they worship there? So we don’t necessarily build the lore first and then the game, but we take the game experience and then build the lore to support it. That’s the way we approach it.
    Link

We know from other interviews that after the outline is written, the storyline remains in flux right up until the last minute. G'raha Tia's fate was undecided until right up to 5.3's release.

The scenario team and I discussed multiple times at length deliberating the fate of the Crystal Exarch," Yoshida explains. "We came up with several different potential outcomes, and we were in discussions on a few shortlisted ideas up until the very last minute.
    Link

Emet-Selch did not exist in the first draft. The antagonists were the Sin-Eaters. Evidently Emet-Selch did not exist prior to Shadowbringers 5.0's story being created, in Summer 2017 after Stormblood 4.0 launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerescape
    Her first draft of the full Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers main scenario had Ascians, Ardbert, the Crystal Exarch’s narrative and the Scions plot lines. An interesting omission from that draft was Vauthry’s sections, as the Sin Eaters were originally controlled by Eden. The idea of restoring night to the areas of the world one by one by defeating the Lightwardens was not featured at all. In fact, there was only Eden as the final boss.
    Link

On the Ascians and what was planned for them:

When we developed A Realm Reborn, we chose only the Ascians' fundamental setting," Yoshida states. "When it came to things like the intent and mission of each Ascian, the scenario and lore teams sculpted those aspects through further discussion and deliberation as time went on.
    Link

They didn't come up with the Emet = Solus and the Ascian-Garlemald connection until they began writing Shadowbringers. Emet-Selch did not exist until they began writing Shadowbringers.

In 5.0 we wanted to explore the Ascians and see what kind of people they are, and get a deeper understanding. Emet-Selch played a big part in this story to tell us what happened and what they want, which is why we created the character.

Eventually, because we added the crystal tower, our lore team came up with the concept of the Garlean Empire, which now links to the Shadowbringers expansion. It almost feels like it was planned, but it was more of a coïncidence that all the teams came up with ideas.
    Link

Before Stormblood we thought that there should have been a link between the Ascians and Garlemald, and we realized that everything made more sense if Garlemald was actually a creation of the Ascian.

We had this ancient character, emperor Solus, and we thought that using him worked in our favor. That’s the background of the inception of the Ascian as they are now.

Ishikawa-san wished to humanize the Ascians and Emet-Selch, and to explore them as characters instead of leaving their vision unclear.
    Link

The Elidibus arc and Endwalker 6.0 was written after Shadowbringers 5.0 launched, in late October.

First, to your question about Azem—as we were finalizing the main story for 5.0, we solidified the concept related to not just Azem, but also the full fourteen seats of the Convocation to a certain degree.

However, in the case of Elidibus, we hadn’t determined the flow of the story through the end of 5.3 until after the release of 5.0. While we had already decided that the battle with Elidibus would be at the end of Patch 5.3, the finer details were only finalized during the production of Patch 5.1.
    Link

The outcome of the story for the 5.x series and beyond have almost been decided already.

Most of the decisions are already made during the scenario camps we have, so it didn't have much of an influence on the future story. However, we usually only have one scenario camp between each expansion, but we decided to have 2 for the next one so we can perfectly conclude the Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga. We already had the first camp, so the story for the 5.x series and a little beyond have already been almost 100% decided.
    Link

For “Endwalker,” the story was written by October 2019.
    Link

Regarding the direction of FFXIV after 6.0:

I think when it comes to how we deliver that content it will depend on the tension developed after finishing Endwalker.

In other words, when I do my Producer and Director check on the content, and play the game from the perspective of a player, the image of “I definitely think other players would think that way, so this is how we should deliver our content from 6.1 onwards” will become obvious I reckon.

Currently I haven’t gone through such experience yet so once our development advances further I’ll be able to come out with further ideas about it.
    Link

- - - Updated - - -

Those are the interviews from 2019 onward. Yoshida does dozens and dozens of interviews every year and I probably missed some, and that's not even getting into the interviews he did in the years before, but I can't be bothered to go digging through them right now.

There's a lot of, "Taking a piece of information and then subjectively applying a conclusion to it that fits your argument" going on here.

But alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    I think they probably had a large, overarching concept but fine details are fleshed out much, much later.
    So yes: That can lead to inconsistencies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think they probably had a large, overarching concept but fine details are fleshed out much, much later.
    So yes: That can lead to inconsistencies.
    Reminds me of when I was writing fanfiction. I'd have these huge, sprawling outlines about plot points I wanted to hit, but had no idea how I was going to get there until I started writing. Sometimes not even then. That process just happens as you're writing, I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really have to take a look at their map design again.

Yesterday i spent so. fucking. long. trying to find out how on earth i was supposed to get up that mountain in Dravania.

Nvm every time i made my way to a location, only to be met with a giant cliff or straight up wall despite the map showing neither of those things in that spot.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-07-22 at 10:06 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    posted in wrong thread by accident....moved now.

Of course they put boosts on sale after i get my scholar (which i love btw, really excited for Sage now).

Looking at boosting one of the following:
    Warrior
    Machinist
    Ninja

I have a job in each of those roles, but those are the last batch that look exciting for me. I got my scholar/summoner to 76 and should hit 80 this weekend just doing roulettes. I have Samurai already for melee and enjoy it, and I have Bard for phys range, and don't enjoy the song juggling. I have a Gunbreaker and while i enjoy it, i think i want a different style tank.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.