Man, anyone who can tank with a gunbreaker has my utmost respect, tried to solo a fate and died like a noob

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Got burnt out doing the MSQs, so i decided to lvl up another class for a bit.
    Decided to lvl astrologist since i wanna see how healing feels in this game, and that one's already at lvl 30 and has some spells unlocked.

Instant roulette queues are *chefs kiss*.

As for healing, it's pretty nice.
    Thanks to the nature of the combat system is relatively chill, which i find very welcoming.

Only pet peeve is that astrologist, at least at the current lvls, plays a bit too similar to wows holy priest.
    And i fear a quick burnout due to that.
    0.1s queues as healers its so fucking funny, even when you get the "tank in need" call to arms yet you still get a queue, but healers? Lol no, insta

Edit: Also, i know its not legal but holy fuck the modding community its amazing, the fact that i can finally have a "femme fatale" char ( even if only i can see it ) ensures i'll never return to wow, lulz
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-07-29 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Man, anyone who can tank with a gunbreaker has my utmost respect, tried to solo a fate and died like a noob
    Depending on your level, some boss mob FATEs aren't solo-tankable.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Depending on your level, some boss mob FATEs aren't solo-tankable.
    It was a normal fate v:

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as you keep Brutal Shell up and manage your cooldowns you should be fine.
    Remember to use Aurora every chance you get for some additional healing
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

0.1s queues as healers its so fucking funny, even when you get the "tank in need" call to arms yet you still get a queue, but healers? Lol no, insta

Edit: Also, i know its not legal but holy fuck the modding community its amazing, the fact that i can finally have a "femme fatale" char ( even if only i can see it ) ensures i'll never return to wow, lulz
    Keep Brutal Shell Up, don't spam your defenses needlessly, apply your Heal to yourself as needed, and do your dps rotation. Gunbreaker hits like a truck and soloing stuff is really nice right now (albeit i dont have a warrior/drk to compare to). I have not found Gunbreaker hard in the least and its my first tank in FF14.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a normal fate v:
    These can hit like trucks too, if you are undergeared and think "imma tank all mobs at the same time"

does the roulette put you in any dungeon? or just dungeons you unlocked?

I want to powergrind a healer to 80, and leave the msq for dps jobs.
    But it seems yet another fatal flaw in the game is preventing me from doing that, as most if not all dungeons are pretty much locked behind the msq and blue quests in newer zones?
    Last edited by Alamhaoingaturlife; 2021-07-29 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post

But it seems yet another fatal flaw in the game is preventing me from doing that, as most if not all dungeons are pretty much locked behind the msq and blue quests in newer zones?
    If you haven't finished the MSQ there is zero reason to powergrind a job.

IIRC the Leveling Roulette bases it's once a day completion bonus on your current jobs level, not the level the dungeon is capped at, so doing the leveling roulette once a day will still give you a good amount of exp no matter if you are a lvl 70 healer doing a lvl 15 dungeon under the leveling roulette. Of course, that's just the once a day completion bonus. So doing that roulette is only really beneficial once a day. Healers do have dps abilities, so if you want to power level, you should actually do the MSQ on the job you want to level currently; as the MSQ also gives you a good amount of exp.

Also, to answer the question: Only the dungeons you have unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    If you haven't finished the MSQ there is zero reason to powergrind a job.
    Yes, there are plenty of reasons to powergrind a healer to 80 via dungeons. You get instant queues, and get to save the Xp from the msq, to level a dps job, which then in turn will also gain MORE xp because you now have a healer at lvl 80, meaning less time spent in queues because you have to do less of them to reach the cap. But hey, maybe you enjoy 30-40 minute dps queues to level up. Fates give jack shit xp, as do leves. potd is mediocre. Also, a lvl 80 can easily complete the wondrous tails every week, which will shit out mad xp too

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    IIRC the Leveling Roulette bases it's once a day completion bonus on your current jobs level, not the level the dungeon is capped at, so doing the leveling roulette once a day will still give you a good amount of exp no matter if you are a lvl 70 healer doing a lvl 15 dungeon under the leveling roulette. Of course, that's just the once a day completion bonus. So doing that roulette is only really beneficial once a day. Healers do have dps abilities, so if you want to power level, you should actually do the MSQ on the job you want to level currently; as the MSQ also gives you a good amount of exp.

Also, to answer the question: Only the dungeons you have unlocked.
    But you gain more xp for doing dungs closer to your level, hence why i asked if it put you in dungs you havent unlocked. There is no point in doing it if its gonna put me in sastasha or whatever every time instead of the gub library. the game claims to make up for the level gap, but it really doesnt. I get about 1k xp per mob kill in a low level dungeon, and about 10-15k in a dungeon on my level
    Last edited by Alamhaoingaturlife; 2021-07-29 at 08:25 PM.

But you gain more xp for doing dungs closer to your level, hence why i asked if it put you in dungs you havent unlocked. There is no point in doing it if its gonna put me in sastasha or whatever every time instead of the gub library. the game claims to make up for the level gap, but it really doesnt. I get about 1k xp per mob kill in a low level dungeon, and about 10-15k in a dungeon on my level
    That does not account for the once a day completion bonus for the level roulette. The completion bonus rewards more exp based on the gap between you and the random dungeon chosen.

The preferred method of leveling through the duty finder: Do Leveling Roulette once a day, then queue up for the highest leveled dungeon you have access to after. At lvl 50 you get access to the Main Scenario Roulette and the lvl 50/60/70 Roulette. Generally, you can ignore the lvl 50/60/70 roulette as it's main focus is to reward tomestones for gear purchasing, not exp for leveling. But the Main Scenario Roulette you should absolutely do once a day because that also awards a good bit of exp through it's once a day completion bonus. At at lvl 50, you do leveling roulette, then Main Scenario Roulette, then queue up for the highest level dungeon you have access to.

Which is why you want to level your preferred job through the MSQ FIRST and then powergrind any other jobs AFTER.

IMO it sounds like you are trying to treat FFXIV like WoW, when that's not what you want to be doing. In WoW, well, current Wow, Dungeons unlock in the Dungeon Finder as you level. In FFXIV you unlock dungeons through quests (a lot through the MSQ, but there are some that unlock in side quests), and the FFXIV equivalent of the Random Dungeon Finder only includes those you've unlocked. So level through the MSQ first, then worry about alt jobs.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2021-07-29 at 08:54 PM.

You are right - if you happened to get the highest level dungeon possible in the roulette, you lucked out - the nature of a roulette. You get decent experience and a little bonus at the end.

However, if you got Sastasha - that is on par with the experience typically that you would get if you ran, in your example Gubal Library, as a straight queue rather than a roulette. The benefit is that you get in quicker - and if you are between levels, so Level 72 in Holminster Switch, the roulette will actually give you more experience.

The exception to that is if you end up with something like Ifrit/Titan normal, which admittedly are a poor choice to put in a leveling roulette and really should be in the trial roulette.

Also you mentioned the armory bonus for the second class. I don't know if you are aware, but that does not affect quest experience - so the thought of it helping out with the MSQ doesn't really help as much as you think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, remember when i said this:
    Thanks to the nature of the combat system is relatively chill, which i find very welcoming.
    Turns out, once encounters have more than a single mechanic it's very much not "chill".
    Who'd have thought? /s

Formerly known as Arafal

Turns out, once encounters have more than a single mechanic it's very much not "chill".
    Who'd have thought? /s
    You just went out of Uldah, found a random lvl 2 cactuar that did a conus aoe and said "fuck it, raiding here is shit".

Who'd have thought? /s
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    ... no.
    I meant it as a joke, a funny self-own if you will.

Hence the "Who'd have thought? /s".

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently someone modded emet-selch into stardew valley to replace the wizard and made him romanceable.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Apparently someone modded emet-selch into stardew valley to replace the wizard and made him romanceable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Also, forgot to add, fuck patch 5.3, it made me ugly cry :,(

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Is currently the only other long running JRPG storyline besides the Trails series.
    You forgot Dragon Quest! FF's older brother..

Anyone has any tips/ideas on keeping a clean inventory? I feel like the true endgame is having at least 2 bags empty instead of farming Eden/Bozja/Augmented upgrades! O.o
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    You forgot Dragon Quest! FF's older brother..
    Dragon Quest doesn't have a long running storyline like FF14 or Trails. Each entry in DQ is a different story with different characters. At best, you have a very, very loose connection between DQ1 and DQ3, and DQ4-DQ6.