I discovered an April Fool's FFXIV did back in 2014 and I'm bummed the Favour System was just a joke, I would've loved this!

I've always found the ability to romance characters in video games fun. Sure seems like the WoL has plenty of opportunities for it too. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I discovered an April Fool's FFXIV did back in 2014 and I'm bummed the Favour System was just a joke, I would've loved this!

I've always found the ability to romance characters in video games fun. Sure seems like the WoL has plenty of opportunities for it too. :P
    I'm down for harem "choose your waifu" romances in my JRPGs, but it just wouldn't work in FFXIV which has a silent protagonist. The writers have done a good job trying to make the WoL feel like a part of the Scions but there's just no way to do a romantic relationship involving a silent protagonist. You get to (non-voiced) pick a line to say in a cutscene every now and then and that's it. You can't build a believable relationship with that. Doesn't mean that the writers can't pair other characters together besides the WoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm down for harem "choose your waifu" romances in my JRPGs, but it just wouldn't work in FFXIV which has a silent protagonist. The writers have done a good job trying to make the WoL feel like a part of the Scions but there's just no way to do a romantic relationship involving a silent protagonist. You get to (non-voiced) pick a line to say in a cutscene every now and then and that's it. You can't build a believable relationship with that. Doesn't mean that the writers can't pair other characters together besides the WoL.
    Dragon Quest XI has it. Idk much about it but I know you can marry characters in that game.

Whats the cheapest, DoH you can level up? i wanted to start doing the dwarf reputation but i need a DoH to do them <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Whats the cheapest, DoH you can level up? i wanted to start doing the dwarf reputation but i need a DoH to do them <.<
    I've heard Culinarian from multiple people but I cannot confirm that myself. Cheapest in the sense of, if you have no other crafting/gathering jobs, it's the least expensive to buy gear/mats to get to 80.

You get to (non-voiced) pick a line to say in a cutscene every now and then and that's it. You can't build a believable relationship with that.
    I've clearly been missing out on games with more advanced romance systems if that's not enough. I remember my first experience with it was Quest for Glory V (also silent protagonist), you got to choose between 3 of the female characters to court and could give them flowers, chocolate, jewelry, and finally an engagement ring, plus some dialog options (I think they could still say no if you said/did the wrong things), after that whoever you picked would start addressing you differently since you were involved.

The last time was Skyrim, which was disappointing. It felt like a marriage of convenience. I just picked one of the marryable NPCs and was like, yeah, let's get hitched and you can watch my house. :P

FFXIV already has a decent amount of implied interest on varying levels. I wouldn't expect handheld walks on the beach, but some extra dialog and maybe some /gpose options would be nice.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I've clearly been missing out on games with more advanced romance systems if that's not enough. I remember my first experience with it was Quest for Glory V (also silent protagonist), you got to choose between 3 of the female characters to court and could give them flowers, chocolate, jewelry, and finally an engagement ring, plus some dialog options (I think they could still say no if you said/did the wrong things), after that whoever you picked would start addressing you differently since you were involved.
    At the risk of being "that guy", you brought up my favorite series of all time so allow me to say you could romance 4 characters. Nawar, Katrina, Elsa, and Erana.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    At the risk of being "that guy", you brought up my favorite series of all time so allow me to say you could romance 4 characters. Nawar, Katrina, Elsa, and Erana.
    Yay, another QfG fan! True, but since you can only save either Katrina or Erana I was thinking 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are like a lot of RPGs with silent protags that have relationships in them. Fire Emblem and Persona are two big franchises that come to mind. I mean they're not gonna win any awards for being amazing romance stories, but they satisfy the audiences for the most part.

Sigh, i still cant believe that after trashing the praetorium and castrum meridium im now willingly doing it every day on 8 chars, kek

The answer? Your alts lack the strength to do otherwise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Sigh, i still cant believe that after trashing the praetorium and castrum meridium im now willingly doing it every day on 8 chars, kek
    Heheh, welcome to the dark side.

Lore question about CT (5.3 spoilers).

Would G'raha have had to remain inside the (Source) Crystal Tower if we hadn't been able to give him the Crystal Exarch's memories? It seems like without the CE's knowledge he wouldn't have known how to ward the CT so he could leave, so he would've just stayed in there indefinitely?

I thought i'd log in and finish off this weeks diary for Khloe but god damn.

I have not in 8 years of playing seen a queue this big for my quiet little server.

You can thank the mass exodus from WoW for that. I hope this encourages Square to fix their servers sooner rather than later. xD

I get large queues in the evenings too. lol

Would G'raha have had to remain inside the (Source) Crystal Tower if we hadn't been able to give him the Crystal Exarch's memories? It seems like without the CE's knowledge he wouldn't have known how to ward the CT so he could leave, so he would've just stayed in there indefinitely?
    Considering that the vial with his blood was the only way to open the tower then yes. He'd be sleeping there until someone figured how to open it, like they did in the alternate timeline.

Is there any better way to cap poetics that doesnt involve Eureka? holy shit i just went there and absolutely hated the place

Probably just run through Main Scenario roulette, lvl 50/60/70 roulette, and Alliance Raid roulette once a day per roulette?

Pretty much, yes. He'd basically have to live the timeline again until he was reawakened by Biggs and crew after the 8th Umbral Calamity.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    You can thank the mass exodus from WoW for that. I hope this encourages Square to fix their servers sooner rather than later. xD

I get large queues in the evenings too. lol
    It's been fairly busy even during the early hours in the morning over on the EU servers, which is nice to see as a night owl.