Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    What do you mean, nothing else? You get events giving you more somewhere?

Lucian locks is a new hair style btw.

A mount, a card, a new hair style, a new transmog set and 6 music rolls, 2 solo bosses, a side story with Noctis and a FATE.

I would say it's not too shabby. Not sure what your expectations are.
    Why people on this forum tries to search for double meaning where there is none? I do not use any hidden meaning sentences. What I wrote is exactly what I thought. There is no hidden agenda or anything.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I can't believe I fretted over farming MGP. My Au Ra got 200K within a week of off and on farming + Fashion Reports. My Lalafell did 1 Fashion Report, and a few GATES + got lucky with Mini-Coctpot and is nearly half way to 200K already.

Anyone know a good Dark Knight Greatsword that fits well with the Noctis glamour?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I can't believe I fretted over farming MGP. My Au Ra got 200K within a week of off and on farming + Fashion Reports. My Lalafell did 1 Fashion Report, and a few GATES + got lucky with Mini-Coctpot and is nearly half way to 200K already.

Anyone know a good Dark Knight Greatsword that fits well with the Noctis glamour?
    Yeah it's not that rough. 200k is chump change.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Why people on this forum tries to search for double meaning where there is none? I do not use any hidden meaning sentences. What I wrote is exactly what I thought. There is no hidden agenda or anything.
    If that is how you meant it, it was the way you typed it.

You would normally ask: "Is there anything else to get or is that all?"

When you phrase it with "That's it? Nothing else?" it has a completely different tone. You are complaining that it isn't enough when you phrase it like that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-09-17 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    You can buy a giant katana/Odachi to use as a DRK weapon from Rhalgr's Reach for tomestones.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    If that is how you meant it, it was the way you typed it.

You would normally ask: "Is there anything else to get or is that all?"

When you phrase it with "That's it? Nothing else?" it has a completely different tone. You are complaining that it isn't enough when you phrase it like that.
    You don't get my tone from written words. There is no hidden agenda. I never use such things, ima programmer so written language is extremely precise. What I write is exactly what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

ALSO

"LIVE LETTER" IS UP ie FFXIV stream is up. Not sure what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSGdMv72ghI
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-09-18 at 01:16 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Nice that we get live English translation of a live letter for once

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Nice that we get live English translation of a live letter for once
    Always do for expansion live letters.

Hm. Default summoner pet seems to be Carbuncle and it's out all the time. You can summon the 3 primals (and they're big! And not little unnoticeable chicken nuggets!) but they only come down for 3 seconds to throw out one attack and then disappear, which is disappointing.

I watched whole job trailer and holy cow it looks sssssooooooo gooooooood
    https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/d...c7f41a29ab.jpg

Especially summoner. But I feel machinist is still going to be my best job.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Coolest new abilities I saw:

Dragoon sends out spiraling twin dragons like Hanzo.

Samurai now have a new flashy CD.

Nice lightning attack for Ninja.

The Reaper animation effects are really good. Best looking player attack animation effects in the game. Reminds me of the artstyle GW2 was trying to go for, but far cleaner and more legible. Visually, the summon/ghost is the most meh part about Reaper, sadly. Not as cool as his other attacks.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-09-18 at 04:04 AM.

These guys have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better Live Letters then WoW. Juicy ass stuff. All I can say is Damn. Keep it coming.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    These guys have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better Live Letters then WoW. Juicy ass stuff. All I can say is Damn. Keep it coming.
    Really, what have they shown/said that puts them ahead of WOW?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    After that live letter, I gonna give it another go...! I switch Internet service and hopefully will have a way better exp!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    They're much more in-depth and transparent.

Literally everything. First and foremost their insight.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, why would they need to show/said anything that puts them ahead of WOW, however they clearly listen to the WoW Refugees feedback however, some of the major changes are things a lot of WoW Refugees wanted and I think just the combat animations put them WAY WAY ahead of WoW...

But honestly, it's the way the DEV show passion and read live comments during the live briefing... this is not some scripted event they got talking points but the devs are not just talking about the changes but also go into the why kinda and feel much more human them the robotic WoW presentation or the here is the changelog go watch some YouTuber to translate it into more details... It just feels better to see the devs and see their activity interact with the players and not just answer a really filtered list of safe questions.

They even added a live English translater this time!

That is one of the things that push FFXIV way ahead of WoW... player interaction and really listen to players at the start of an XPack... making sure people know what was in the head of the devs when they developed it.
    Last edited by |Dexter|; 2021-09-18 at 04:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    They even added a live English translater this time!
    Live Letters that are related to upcoming expansions are always translated live. This is nothing new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's simping Summoners now
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Everyone's simping Summoners now
    It's everything I wanted. I'm so ready to pick my book back up.