Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I tried this and while it's great in combat, it makes targeting enemies that you WANT to bring into combat impossible, like picking up adds and stuff that aren't yet aggroed. I had to change it back.
    Exactly my issue with this setup. What I do nowadays is more or less the default tab targeting (Tab and Shift+Tab bound to "Cycle through Enemies") but with the addition of using Shift+Mousewheel to move up and down the enmity list. This means I can tab target if I need to attack something I'm not aggroed to, but if we have a big aggroed AoE pack I can use mousewheel to target specific mobs easily.

For those not familiar, the option is available in Character Configuration -> Control -> Mouse - > Mouse Wheel Settings. Also really helpful for healing (I use Ctrl+Mousewheel to move up and down the party list).

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Anyone knows if there's a reason every Astro plays in regen aspect? I'm thinking about checking the class out myself, then I'd have all healers. I seem to recall to once have heard that one should play shield with WHM and regen with SCH in larger groups. But every single Astro always plays in regen aspect, even when I'm on the WHM in the group.
    With EW, AST will essentially only be a regen healer, and for most content, Diurnal (regen) just works out better when solo. Felt a LOT more MP efficient than Nocturnal for whatever reason...but that may also have to do with me having healed on WHM a lot more (and therefore better suited at reactive healing vs. proactive).

Shield healing is incredibly inefficient for no reason. It's why SCH is terrible in dungeons compared to AST and WHM.

AST is also more mana efficient than WHM for no reason for the same potency.

I don't think SE has a clue what they're doing with healers.

Well the media tours dropping and RDM is about what i expected. New line finisher -line aoes seem to be a big thing game wide in Endwalker- a defensive aoe as the white magic to emboldens black and the changes to values and manafication means a faster rotation so i'm going to guess 2-3 more scorch casts per boss. Not a huge shake up but RDM didn't need one. A new support spell is nice since its meant to be the support caster but a much faster rotation makes me really hope they aren't setting us up for another Lucid Dream reliant rotation like 5.0. Hopefully they learnt from that debacle.

Looks like the leaks were true. Definitely the traitwalker expansion not endwalker lol. I'm happy with the job (PLD), but definitely would have liked to have seen a little bit more new stuff, instead of overloading us with even more AOE (which I doubt will be relevant or present in raiding). Unless this is their way of acknowledging that players not using AOE in dungeons is as big of an issue as we thought it was LOL, so they just made everything AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    Shield healing is incredibly inefficient for no reason. It's why SCH is terrible in dungeons compared to AST and WHM.

AST is also more mana efficient than WHM for no reason for the same potency.

I don't think SE has a clue what they're doing with healers.
    Aye. I guess they think that in general shields cause less overhealing than hots, that's why they made the latter much stronger. Can't tell much about AST or raids, but in dungeons WHM seems more effective than SCH as a healer at 50+. It would be nice if SCH would do more damage to compensate, but it's the other way around (at most levels) as well. Especially after you get Assize. It's just so strong, and it's ready for more or less every pull, and in addition it's an aoe heal and small mana gain.

That being said, SCH still feels good to play for me, and its kit handles more or less all dungeon situations very well. I was yesterday playing it again after doing more other stuff (leveling WHM, crafters, doing some beast tribe quests etc), and it's just so much fun to jump in circles and slapping the ground...

[e] Just a small addendum, just remembered: Maybe SE agrees in part that the shields are not doing enough. I only checked the "leaks" from SCH, but the shields from Succor and Adlo seem to get large buffs with some high level passives.
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2021-10-13 at 02:14 PM.

I cant believe i actually miss WoW legendary system, fuck Delubrum Reginae and Castrum Litore

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Looks like the leaks were true. Definitely the traitwalker expansion not endwalker lol. I'm happy with the job (PLD), but definitely would have liked to have seen a little bit more new stuff, instead of overloading us with even more AOE (which I doubt will be relevant or present in raiding). Unless this is their way of acknowledging that players not using AOE in dungeons is as big of an issue as we thought it was LOL, so they just made everything AOE.
    I mean, I would welcome better aoe rotations. Most classes have to be happy if they have a 1-2 combo and even if they get more later on then it's often clunky to use and feels disconnected from the rest (looking at you, RDM).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Oh man, that 535 relic grind was brutal. Even with some of the worst parts being one-time only I don't know if I have it in me to do it for any other jobs.
    Well, as far as I'm concerned they are so ugly, the only class it's worth it on is pretty much just WHM. Maybe SAM if you don't already have 20 other better looking glowing swords. For the me the whole thing pretty much ends after Law weapons the majority of jobs.

Such a shame as well, I'm still waiting for an upgraded version of the free blue weapons from 4.0. I'd take a glowy version of that BLM staff over any of the relic weapons..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Treasure Troves are like Steam sales. The first one is amazing and they lose a bit of value each time they come around.
    Kind of, yeah.

At least I'm more likely to use a jacket than a ring or necklace I suppose. Of the other rewards, the Byakko mount is the only thing I don't have already.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I cant believe i actually miss WoW legendary system, fuck Delubrum Reginae and Castrum Litore
    I have idea what you are on about. You don't like raiding or something?

Surely asking for 5 runs of a raid without lockout you get carried on isn't much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    With EW, AST will essentially only be a regen healer, and for most content, Diurnal (regen) just works out better when solo. Felt a LOT more MP efficient than Nocturnal for whatever reason...but that may also have to do with me having healed on WHM a lot more (and therefore better suited at reactive healing vs. proactive).
    The only time I felt using nocturnal was worth it was when grinding PotD/HoH, because shields mitigate traps better in most cases, but sadly that was pretty much it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Interesting bit of news:

https://www.destructoid.com/final-fa...nter-on-track/

FF gained 2 million players between April and now.

Can't wait for the copium reactions in the WoW sub-forums. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Interesting bit of news:

Going 24mil in april to 20 in June to 22 in the dead ass lull before an expansion certainly means theres a lot of interest in that free trial at the minimum but i dont think anyone would be surprised if theres a lot of wowfugees in that.

At the rate of Blizzards constant MAU decline over the last decade i imagine their next shareholder call is going to be interesting.

Interesting bit of news:

You realize that's accounts created right, and not subs? WoW hit 100 million the better half of a decade ago, so why would there be any "copium" from wow players? Honestly, anyone who likes even one of the games should want them both to flourish, it makes the dev teams work harder to create the better product. WoW has suffered from being complacent for years, but there are still things it does better than FF14, just like FF14 does other things better than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    You realize that's accounts created right, and not subs? WoW hit 100 million the better half of a decade ago, so why would there be any "copium" from wow players? Honestly, anyone who likes even one of the games should want them both to flourish, it makes the dev teams work harder to create the better product. WoW has suffered from being complacent for years, but there are still things it does better than FF14, just like FF14 does other things better than WoW.
    I clearly said players. That means 2 million players created an account and tried the game in the last trimester during the content lul of the game. Also, we can say most of them weren't bots, unlike another game we know.

WoW is not better in any way except maybe in how responsive it is, but the class animations are basic, so it's a trade-off.

It might come as a surprise but i actually play both. But, there is no doubt in my mind which one excites me atm and is the better game. If not for some friends, i wouldn't be playing WoW. The only way i can enjoy WoW is by playing with these friends and basically do a couple of mythic+/raid evenings. Noting that the content itself is nothing short of unrewarding. What WoW has going for it it's the bonds we created with others. It would be even worse if not for that. It benefited from the golden age of mmo's which is now not here anymore. What FF is doing is amazing in a time where mmo's are not in the height of their popularity.

Regardless this is because the "copium" users tend to dismiss FF as a fad and that things will go back to business as usual. Which is a high degree of bad perspective.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-10-13 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summoner looks very interesting. It being so mobile and also being a pet job (kinda) makes me very interested in playing it.

Dragoon doesn't look like it changed much, but it was already solid. They just kinda removed the annoying bits of the job and added some cool new animations.

Ninja's new animations look sick, but it looks like it has so much going on in the opener that you can't even fit it into your Trick window. So, I guess this will make your time outside of Trick a little more interesting.

Bard got Bloodletter charges which is really good, but the Radiant Finale ability looks kinda awkward. Like it won't really line up with everything else. Bard is my current main, but I do think I may move away from it in Endwalker.

Reaper looks super cool in Endwalker. Looks relatively straightforward but with some optimizations you can make to really pump out the damage, which is exactly the kind of job I like.

I was hoping the Media Tour would help me decide what job to play and.... it kinda has? I was leaning more towards being a Maiming main in Endwalker by leveling Dragoon through the MSQ and then leveling Reaper afterwards. I'm also very interested in Summoner, so that will probably be the third job I level.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You mean you hate not having the right essences and lost actions you want? Can be frustrating but that is way better than RNGendaries. You can buy lost actions off of the market board for pretty cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting bit of news:

We'll see how long it lasts. We might see a drop off next year once players have finished all of the content and they find that there isn't much to do besides relic grinds, grinding up all jobs to cap, or doing the crafting/housing thing. If the new PvP mode is good then that could really help out with player retention.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless this is because the "copium" users tend to dismiss FF as a fad and that things will go back to business as usual. Which is a high degree of bad perspective.
    Eh, remember there is a filtering effect at play here. You have to be subscribed to post on the official WoW forums. The people still posting there are the people who remain. You're not seeing all of the WoW players who have quit and might like FFXIV. People generally don't sub to two MMOs at once so ofcourse the people posting on the official WoW forums tend to prefer WoW over FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw a video of how the midlander stubble was added. It's a face option; they copied another face but added the stubble to it.

This bodes ill for the future of player customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You mean you hate not having the right essences and lost actions you want? Can be frustrating but that is way better than RNGendaries. You can buy lost actions off of the market board for pretty cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see how long it lasts. We might see a drop off next year once players have finished all of the content and they find that there isn't much to do besides relic grinds, grinding up all jobs to cap, or doing the crafting/housing thing. If the new PvP mode is good then that could really help out with player retention.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, remember there is a filtering effect at play here. You have to be subscribed to post on the official WoW forums. The people still posting there are the people who remain. You're not seeing all of the WoW players who have quit and might like FFXIV. People generally don't sub to two MMOs at once so ofcourse the people posting on the official WoW forums tend to prefer WoW over FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw a video of how the midlander stubble was added. It's a face option; they copied another face but added the stubble to it.

This bodes ill for the future of player customization.
    I wasn't talking about the official forums.

Anyways, I think many people are tired of the "have to log in everday" mentality and will welcome the change.
    I am currently not subbed to FF cause i prepared for Endwalker already and i am taking my time to play other games while being excited to return with every patch. I am really over daily chores.

I wonder what kind of copium I'll see in response to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Rogalicus back to contribute actually nothing and just attack the game. Literally the entire page of your comments on threads is you just cynically attacking everybody excited over the game or just being upset at it.

Imagine wasting that much energy on such a thing.

What game are you mad about dying while FF14 thrives that drives you to do this? WoW? GW2? Curious what game you're upset over that you're rageposting your life away on MMO-Champion about a game lol
    Last edited by Drindorai; 2021-10-14 at 07:03 AM.