Joseph McCarthy sends his regards and tells he's very proud of Drindorai bravely defending their favourite thing from ever-present malicious agents.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I have idea what you are on about. You don't like raiding or something?

Surely asking for 5 runs of a raid without lockout you get carried on isn't much to ask.
    Lets be honest: These places are horrible, especially when you do more than one relic weapon.
    They are designed around everyone using the consumables but most people can't be arsed. If you use ACT you will see the ridiculously low DPS and the reason why the place takes 40m+ when it could be done in 20.

While the additional actions can be fun, I hope SE never designs content like that again. It just sucks when you waste so much of your time to people being bad and lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I wonder what kind of copium I'll see in response to this.
    To be expected. We are in a pre expansion content drought, even diehard fans like my buddies and me largely took a vacation from the game (they basically raidlog right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You mean you hate not having the right essences and lost actions you want? Can be frustrating but that is way better than RNGendaries. You can buy lost actions off of the market board for pretty cheap.
    Delubrum is a gigantic damage sponge, i shouldnt had to farm consumables for bosses that dont even give loot, this isnt end-game raiding, having to pray that i manage to get into a castrum for my relic weapon or being forced to run 15 crystal towers isnt fun

they improve the relic system every expansion based on feedback. Bozja was a big step forward from Eureka, etc and so forth. For EW relic they talked about looking in shortening the grind of each stage and how to advance multiple weapons at once.

Which will be nice since Eureka isn't all that bad of a grind. Do remember these were individual content patch releases that occured over a long period of time, which we are experiencing all at once.

Oh my.... with these class changes, I'm torn between DRG and SAM.

SAM gets super easy to play now with the 2 stacks for the 2 DPS cooldowns.
    I can basically delay the abilities whenever I want to line up with buffs again without losing additional DPS.
    Although... it's obviously better to save up on both stacks for the dancer buff.
    It will probably feel really good to line up that stuff in the opener and every buff window afterwards. Double the fun basically during that time.

DRG gets the QoL changes I always wanted.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-14 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    they improve the relic system every expansion based on feedback. Bozja was a big step forward from Eureka, etc and so forth. For EW relic they talked about looking in shortening the grind of each stage and how to advance multiple weapons at once.

Which will be nice since Eureka isn't all that bad of a grind. Do remember these were individual content patch releases that occured over a long period of time, which we are experiencing all at once.
    Havent done Eureka, but how is an improvement over ARR relic when the best way to get steps done from the relic chain is to do content NOT related to the current expansion??? the ilvl 500 relic has you doing HVW and SB fates because its better than doing actual bozja content, w.t.f???? the 510, sure, you get 5 from castrum, but gl knowing when its spawning, otherwise, crystal tower it is, the 515??? POTD because delubrum takes forever, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Havent done Eureka, but how is an improvement over ARR relic when the best way to get steps done from the relic chain is to do content NOT related to the current expansion??? the ilvl 500 relic has you doing HVW and SB fates because its better than doing actual bozja content, w.t.f???? the 510, sure, you get 5 from castrum, but gl knowing when its spawning, otherwise, crystal tower it is, the 515??? POTD because delubrum takes forever, LOL
    It's SE attempt to future proof the relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Lets be honest: These places are horrible, especially when you do more than one relic weapon.
    They are designed around everyone using the consumables but most people can't be arsed. If you use ACT you will see the ridiculously low DPS and the reason why the place takes 40m+ when it could be done in 20.

While the additional actions can be fun, I hope SE never designs content like that again. It just sucks when you waste so much of your time to people being bad and lazy.
    There's this wonderful too called the party finder. It's amazing how fast the runs you get with an organized group will be. 15-20 minutes tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I wonder what kind of copium I'll see in response to this.
    ok I'll bite:

Wow, so it's still at and above shadowbringers release levels?
    That's quite amazing

I wonder when the launch trailer is dropping this time around. Isn't it usually a month before release?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I wonder when the launch trailer is dropping this time around. Isn't it usually a month before release?
    If that's the case, my guess is the 19th at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It shouldn't be surprising that its happening with Endwalker next month but its kind of a bummer to see Dalriada pop and nobody join on my server. Those relic grinds getting slower aside its going to be a real shame for people to not fight the Diablo Weapon at least once.
    i know the feeling. kind of wish they would have just separated those dungeons out like what they did with DR or threw them all in the duty finder. If they wanted to limited people doing it, just put a cooldown timer after you completed the dungeon, instead of sitting in the instance waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    i know the feeling. kind of wish they would have just separated those dungeons out like what they did with DR or threw them all in the duty finder. If they wanted to limited people doing it, just put a cooldown timer after you completed the dungeon, instead of sitting in the instance waiting.
    i can only assume they wanted Zadnor to remain a alt job boosting zone for the beginners playing catchup and that was a way to keep it populated with rank 25's for fate trains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    There's this wonderful too called the party finder. It's amazing how fast the runs you get with an organized group will be. 15-20 minutes tops.
    Is that even possible? I thought we don't have any influence over the other X 8-man groups in Delubrum. Don't even get the alliance UI.
    Usually I go in with 4 buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Is that even possible? I thought we don't have any influence over the other X 8-man groups in Delubrum. Don't even get the alliance UI.
    Usually I go in with 4 buddies.
    Yeah. You set up an alliance raid for it. Don't know about the other data centers but Aether has them going on pretty much all day. When I logged off there were three different groups forming.

Anyone else seeing these headlines lately?
    Final Fantasy 14's game director doesn't like the drama surrounding World of Warcraft's player exodus
    https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantas...naoki-yoshida/

I'm not surprised. Most of the drama is overblown and hypocritical in the first place.

I suspect he's not ignorant to the possibility that some of the same players migrating to FFXIV may decide to bring their baggage with them. I've already seen some people trying to 'cancel' FFXIV because there's some suggestive jokes present in ARR and HW.

Certainly Yoshida has reflected plenty on his time with other MMOs. He cites World of Warcraft along with Everquest, Ultima Online, and Dark Age of Camelot as some of his biggest gaming addictions.
    Interesting how he liked PvP games and yet FFXIV has incredibly undercooked PvP, not even world PvP. I wonder if he had a magic wish to make any game he wanted, if he'd make a PvP game.

Interesting how he liked PvP games and yet FFXIV has incredibly undercooked PvP, not even world PvP. I wonder if he had a magic wish to make any game he wanted, if he'd make a PvP game.
    He also compared FF to CoD

I suspect he isn't made aware of the demand for such content. Or that a lot of the decline in PvP is associated directly with the infestation of win trading, deliberate throwing and lack of meaningful rewards in ranked PvP.