Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    God, 50-60 leveling its so terribly boring, i dont wanna run potd
    Do MSQ roulette once a day then?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Do MSQ roulette once a day then?
    have to do it now, still have the road to 70 buff and im going for the amaro

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    God, 50-60 leveling its so terribly boring, i dont wanna run potd
    I just do dungeons. Seemed to me to be fast as hell. I just hit 80 on my Dragoon. The leveling seemed to slow down maybe around 77.

But between working, dealing with RL, and going to the gym, It took me a little less then a week and half to level the lancer/dragoon from 1 to 80.

EDIT....I never once stepped foot into POTD. Heard it was too boring.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

I found it ok a few times, but it gets boring fast. For leveling, doing current instances directly and filling up with some other stuff seems to be one of the best methods that works on every level without downtimes (bar the waiting times as DD). Can't imagine how people go from 1 to 200 solo in POTD without falling asleep for the achievement, though.

An unrelated question: On what do you guys spend your yellow gathering / crafting scrips? I bought all the unique usable stuff (like Chocobo raincoat, music rolls), and am currently finishing up the folklore tomes and master recipes. However, I'm almost through with that. Anything useful to spend them on after that?

I've used PotD and HoH extensively over the last few years. It works. It's boring as shit after a relatively short period of time, but it's a very grind friendly method to level up. If all you want to do is put in some extra time and get more levels ASAP without having to wait for a daily reset or Duty Finder queue it's available for you.

I remember when Stormblood launched I leveled Red Mage from 50-60 using PotD on day 1 in about ~5-6 hours before jumping into Stormblood content. Did the same thing in PotD and HoH (because HoH is 61+) with Dancer when Shadowbringers launched.

So, if leveling is all you want to do in a day, it's an effective way to do it. That's about the only endorsement I can give.....It's not all that fun, but it's effective.

POTD can get boring quite fast, I think the challenge comes from doing floors 101 - 200. Especially if you are doing it solo for that Necromancer title.

But it is still a good way to get EXP if you are tired of spamming duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Can't imagine how people go from 1 to 200 solo in POTD without falling asleep for the achievement, though.
    People that go past 150 solo are already exceedingly rare, people that make it to necromancer are pretty much non-existent, save a select very few. The dedication there is already off the charts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I've used PotD and HoH extensively over the last few years. It works. It's boring as shit after a relatively short period of time, but it's a very grind friendly method to level up. If all you want to do is put in some extra time and get more levels ASAP without having to wait for a daily reset or Duty Finder queue it's available for you.

I remember when Stormblood launched I leveled Red Mage from 50-60 using PotD on day 1 in about ~5-6 hours before jumping into Stormblood content. Did the same thing in PotD and HoH (because HoH is 61+) with Dancer when Shadowbringers launched.

So, if leveling is all you want to do in a day, it's an effective way to do it. That's about the only endorsement I can give.....It's not all that fun, but it's effective.
    Also this, yea. It's just efficient and was also the way I leveled all my classes to 35 to 61 and then 61-70 in HoH. It also gives you most of the classes tool kit for that level range, which makes it way more bearable than being stuck to low level rotations in dungeons (looking at you DRG and MCH).

Worst part is that buying the weapons fucks up your weapon stack and makes you weaker again and I really wanted the weapons, but I outleveled the place long before I got even enough to reasonable buy 2 or 3 sets.

Edit: As for crafter scripts, it took me ages to earn my first ones and I only have some from the company missions. I'm such a slacker when it comes to crafting..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-16 at 04:04 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

You can't really fall asleep in the higher floors of POTD and HOH. They're very tense and if you want to complete them, every move needs to be carefully calculated and planned out in advance. Even then, the arrival of a patrolling enemy or springing a trap in a panic can cause a run to go south very quickly.

As a group, the higher floors aren't too hard to deal with so I'm surprised there isn't more people looking to do them.

The rough spots for me were 40-50, 57-60, and now 67-70. Once you get within 3 levels of max it feels like leveling slows to a crawl. I found squadrons to be great until SB and even then doing Sohm Al or Vault can net more EXP than FATE grinding (unless it's with a group) or side quests (which give far too little EXP).

I tried PotD a couple of times and was bored to tears. Mostly I've been trying to spread MSQ EXP as much as possible, doing daily roulettes, hunts, and Challenge Log. FATEs have seemed like more effort than they're worth in SB, stuff takes forever to die if you're soloing it.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    You can't really fall asleep in the higher floors of POTD and HOH. They're very tense and if you want to complete them, every move needs to be carefully calculated and planned out in advance. Even then, the arrival of a patrolling enemy or springing a trap in a panic can cause a run to go south very quickly.

As a group, the higher floors aren't too hard to deal with so I'm surprised there isn't more people looking to do them.
    HoH is a joke compared to later PoTD floors though to be fair.

Quick edit that's not to say its not hard but when compared to PoTD it's easy.
    Last edited by Shillu; 2021-11-16 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, setting up hotbars sucks. First time back since 5.2 and on a new computer, so I spent ~1.5 hours redoing all of my keybinds, hotbars, skills, and UI from scratch. On top of that, I had basically forgot how each class functioned beyond the most basic of mechanics, so I spent another hour or so trying to relearn each classes' 10-20 skills and their rotations. Ended up giving up after like 4 or 5 and did a few test runs of PotD.

I'm half tempted to dig out my old computer, redownload the entire game just so I can go and export my UI, keybinds, and action bars so I don't have to deal with this, because screw trying to figure out my old crafting hotbars.

Also, I can already tell that the expansion launch will be a mess, since at 6pm on a Monday 3 weeks before the expansion launch I had to sit in queue to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The rough spots for me were 40-50, 57-60, and now 67-70. Once you get within 3 levels of max it feels like leveling slows to a crawl. I found squadrons to be great until SB and even then doing Sohm Al or Vault can net more EXP than FATE grinding (unless it's with a group) or side quests (which give far too little EXP).

I tried PotD a couple of times and was bored to tears. Mostly I've been trying to spread MSQ EXP as much as possible, doing daily roulettes, hunts, and Challenge Log. FATEs have seemed like more effort than they're worth in SB, stuff takes forever to die if you're soloing it.
    The highest level dungeon you can run is also usually a good source of EXP, at least for the 70-80 grind it was. I used it to grind out a couple of jobs while also leveling my Trusts. Squadrons I kinda gave up around level 50, because fml, squadrons aren't nearly as competent as trusts sadly. Mt. Gulg for example was quite decent XP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    I'm half tempted to dig out my old computer, redownload the entire game just so I can go and export my UI, keybinds, and action bars so I don't have to deal with this, because screw trying to figure out my old crafting hotbars.
    Half the reason why I didn't continue my crafting leveling during early ShB and was stuck at 5X across the board; I didn't want to set up all my crafting skills again..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-16 at 08:51 PM.

When the Endwalker Theme single finally releases:

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    When the Endwalker Theme single finally releases:
    The Endwalker launch trailer music gave me chills man. Might be the first album I'll bought in over a decade.

I found PotD funny in that Torghast is so much better but because they made it harder/longer/tied to progression people hate it.

The jump in difficulty between floors 1-49 and 50, tho'. You go from mobs that hit hard to insta wipe go home you get nothing mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    I found PotD funny in that Torghast is so much better but because they made it harder/longer/tied to progression people hate it.
    I think that is precisely why people hate it. If it were entirely optional, like POTD, it'd be a distraction you could have fun with at your leisure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, setting up hotbars sucks. First time back since 5.2 and on a new computer, so I spent ~1.5 hours redoing all of my keybinds, hotbars, skills, and UI from scratch. On top of that, I had basically forgot how each class functioned beyond the most basic of mechanics, so I spent another hour or so trying to relearn each classes' 10-20 skills and their rotations. Ended up giving up after like 4 or 5 and did a few test runs of PotD.

Also, I can already tell that the expansion launch will be a mess, since at 6pm on a Monday 3 weeks before the expansion launch I had to sit in queue to log in.
    For future reference you can back up hotbar data to the official server from the character select screen

I know it doesn't help now but you can save all your hotbar settings in case you need to wipe your PC or something and don't want waste that time again next time.

Sit in a que every day at peek hours and sometimes off hours too, not long though just like 20-50 people que but still.

Whoever was in charge of The Peaks really didn't want people flying there. It's taken until level 70, nearly the end of the 4.0 MSQ, and having to run literal hoops around Ala Ghiri, Radiata, and Coldhearth, without any aid of aetheryte or chocobos to finally get all the aether currents there. Not to mention that most of the world ones were a pain to get compared to the other zones. It's by far the longest and worst time I've had unlocking flying anywhere.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson