Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Have you completed Shadowbringers?

If so, head to Grenoldt and you'll be able to get a free set of level 80 armour for any job/role that you've finished the role quests on. That might help mitigate things until you can acquire something better.
    Oooh what? Thats an amazing tip! I just wanted to post so everyone could chuckle at me. I didnt think there was an actual 'fix' to my stupidity... This game, eh. Only 1200 more people to get through and im there!

Jesus. The sage quest sends you outside the gate into middle la noscea and damn near every player thought it was a good idea to get their chocobo out around a job questgiver. Had to stand for nearly 10 minutes for the npc to load in -_-

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Only 1200 more people to get through
    You guys get a queue? FML. Aether's lobby just shits the bed, breaks my client, and forces me to kill the process with Task Manager.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even get in the lobby

Soo.... can anyone tell me how this works. Since early access is available, I decided to finally buy endwalker. I did so and got code into my email. That was the early access code.

Where, when, how do I get the actual game code?

Does the early access simply turn into actual game activation on release date in my account?

God my heart sank when I close the launcher and reopoened it half an hour before live and saw Square slapped a huge second patch, 6 gigs large to download that didn't start after the last download I got on the burner before I went to bed. It didn't finish until five minutes after live and as a result I got smacked with a 2k+ queue. But it kept crashing and crashing and crashing. Now after nearly an hour I finally got back in but now it's a 3300 plus queue and keeps crashing. God those extra five minutes of patching cost me hours. God damnit...

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    I can't even get in the lobby
    It only took me 5 attempts. But honestly, queue has gone down super fast. Im at 300 now.

Woohoo! Went from 110 to 487 with the tips. Im barely functional again!
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-12-03 at 09:58 AM.

I get in, wait about 10 minutes in the queue, game crashes. I try to get back in and it crashes five more times. I get back in, get back in the queue, oh look the game didn't keep my spot in line now I'm behind everyone else I was ahead of oops another crash looks like it's back to square one...

Picked up both new jobs and did their intro quests and boy on shiva there was like 10 times the people grabbing sage compared to reaper. I guess people have really been wanting a new healer to mix it up from 99% sticking to white mage for the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Picked up both new jobs and did their intro quests and boy on shiva there was like 10 times the people grabbing sage compared to reaper. I guess people have really been wanting a new healer to mix it up from 99% sticking to white mage for the last two years.
    I just did castrum with a sage, it was so fun. Dude was a pro. I got to spend my time fake healing like a true 8 man whm. Also, i know its 0.5 seconds... but that stone 2 spam felt so good! Man, even if i get nothing else (well, except estinian in my trust party and holy 3/glare 3), im so happy.

Oh wait... hang on.. i came to complain that the literal first quest with all the scions isnt voiced. Im pretty sure i was very mildly irked 2 minutes ago!

This is so fun! No sarcasm, i cant even pretend to be critical!

ETA: Random QOL feature i didnt know existed. When you click a city aethyryte, a map opens... no more remembering destinations. This is so good!
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-12-03 at 10:59 AM.

Also another reason: reaper is dragoon 2.0 in more than gear. Its the first job i've ran out of crossbar space and had to use the extend function since DRG. Sage is more mechanically complicated but way less fiddly to play than reaper. But right from the off reaper seems way more interesting in terms of questline story while sage is giving me hard monk and white mage questlines vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Somebody is angry as hell. Please Please stay in WoW with that. We don't need you and your anger over in FFXIV....Damn that.
    Oh please.. I'm the nicest healer you'll ever meet in the game. But sucking Square Enix dick is something I refuse to do. Many people including certain twitter blues acknowledges that very same problem exists. The fact that you are deliberately picking most irrelevant post to quote me on the issue it is worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Also another reason: reaper is dragoon 2.0 in more than gear. Its the first job i've ran out of crossbar space and had to use the extend function since DRG. Sage is more mechanically complicated but way less fiddly to play than reaper. But right from the off reaper seems way more interesting in terms of questline story while sage is giving me hard monk and white mage questlines vibes.
    Heals are basic. You get an aoe heal, a huge aoe heal, a mana intensive st heal, a st heal, a dot/shield, aoe and st, and an oh shit button.

That leaves a bunch of dps spells.

Man, i love healing.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Heals are basic. You get an aoe heal, a huge aoe heal, a mana intensive st heal, a st heal, a dot/shield, aoe and st, and an oh shit button.

That leaves a bunch of dps spells.

Man, i love healing.
    Sage is a little less brainless than my WHM experience. Like using an instant to alter a dps to a dot or add a shield to a heal but then choosing when to consume shields or to cast without the shield for more raw healing. It feels closer to Heavensward Astrologian in that respect.

I'll happily defer to you. I cant play any expansion class because i just like learning them piece by piece. Id sooner level scholar than be thrust in the deep end with sage. Eta: i know potd exists.

Wait... i could just queue satasha and then go through the motions climbing the dungeons...? Of course i could! I always wanted to learn barrier healing as well. Guess i have a new objective that isnt a sheep mount. Must. Remember. The sheep mount!
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-12-03 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Soo.... can anyone tell me how this works. Since early access is available, I decided to finally buy endwalker. I did so and got code into my email. That was the early access code.

Does the early access simply turn into actual game activation on release date in my account?
    You will get the actual game code probably on 7th of December ("official" release date) and you have until 10th of December to put it in to ensure continued gameplay. I would check the Square Enix store order page for the code if it won't be in your e-mail.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2021-12-03 at 11:59 AM.

I play on the Japanese server called Tonberry. The queue boss kicked my ass hard. When I tried it was at like 6200 and after 30mins had only dropped by about 200 so I cancelled and fiddled around with character creation for a bit then tried the queue again to see if it'd be any better as its getting late now and it was at 9500+

Ouch. Looks like I won't be playing anytime soon lol.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Already getting unique story dialogue for beating Eureka, glad i finally cleared all of that last month and got in on that at the last minute

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

It does not. You need to activate the code.

Youre trying to do this from steam, right? Go to the mog station (not the lodestone - i dont know why theres two of them? Its genuinely baffling). Then find the menu to input the code, its fairly obvious once you beat the lodestone boss.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-12-03 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, my Aether Compass disappeared from my Key Items, and it says its been 'moved to my collection'.
    I'm currently still MSQ'ing in ShB, and some of the zones still have Currents to be collected. Has the compass just been removed? If not, what is this 'Collection' it mentions?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.