Check your aethyr menu. Or just try and fly. Patch notes suggest theyve lowered the demands, so you may have finished already. If not... honestly, no idea. But you dont need as many currents for previous expansions. Thats all ive got.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Somebody is angry as hell. Please Please stay in WoW with that. We don't need you and your anger over in FFXIV....Damn that.
    Yeah its not like there already are plenty of rude and toxic players in FFXIV, one more wont change a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says that I've attuned to Lakeland and Il Mheg, while Amh Araeng, Kholusia and the Greatwood are unattuned - which is the way it was before the patch. So I'm not sure. Is there a Collection somewhere in the menu's that I'm not seeing?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, my Aether Compass disappeared from my Key Items, and it says its been 'moved to my collection'.
    I'm currently still MSQ'ing in ShB, and some of the zones still have Currents to be collected. Has the compass just been removed? If not, what is this 'Collection' it mentions?
    The aether compass is now in the collections tab under duties so it doesnt take up an item slot anymore.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Reaper is pretty fun to play. They went ham on the visual effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    The aether compass is now in the collections tab under duties so it doesnt take up an item slot anymore.
    Cool, tyvm!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I'm gonna pass on End Timez.

Ah the Login boss, I hadn't been in a queue this long since Asmongold started playing; but what's this? The queue is even longer? Good heavens, I hope the boss don't enrage! lol I think I actually thought the queue was gonna be even bigger!

This is gonna be bad for me because the first thing I want to do is Fantasia one of my Alts to turn it to a Bunny Boy, which is gonna involve multiple logins.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    I just did castrum with a sage, it was so fun. Dude was a pro. I got to spend my time fake healing like a true 8 man whm. Also, i know its 0.5 seconds... but that stone 2 spam felt so good! Man, even if i get nothing else (well, except estinian in my trust party and holy 3/glare 3), im so happy.

Oh wait... hang on.. i came to complain that the literal first quest with all the scions isnt voiced. Im pretty sure i was very mildly irked 2 minutes ago!

This is so fun! No sarcasm, i cant even pretend to be critical!

ETA: Random QOL feature i didnt know existed. When you click a city aethyryte, a map opens... no more remembering destinations. This is so good!
    Estinien dies, so uh, good luck with that trust party lol
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-12-03 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

RPR is so bloated in terms of abilities. Why do we need an AoE version of Shadow of Death? Or Soul Slice?

Gotta say other than the queues, launch has been smooth on EU side with Phoenix going down once and stable ever since. Smooth experience so far up to lvl 82.

Get to the first dungeon finally and the moment i got it to pop got a DC and now the worlds full. Welp.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah its not like there already are plenty of rude and toxic players in FFXIV, one more wont change a thing.

I keep hearing that. Starting to think it is just a line I am hearing coming from the WoW gamers cause it makes them feel good. So far i been playing the game for close to 8 months and I have only ran into 1 toxic player. And to be honest I am not sure I would really say he/she was toxic. More along the lines of boastful and arrogant would be really what I call it.

If I were still playing WoW today I would meet 1 or more toxic players every damn hour. For the facts are simple cause I have seen them. I cannot speak for every gamer out there, and I wouldn't if wanted too. Everyone's experience is different. But just hanging out in Stormwind and watching chat literally says it all.

EDIT....I just have not seen all this toxicity that people "Claim" is in FFXIV is like WoW. So not sure. And yes I do raid, no savages yet, but also do dungeons and I play for about 3 to 9 hours a day. So not sure where all the toxic players are suppose to be hanging out in FFXIV.
    Last edited by Aggressive; 2021-12-03 at 06:15 PM.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

8k queue after getting kicked from the server (error not afk)

Oh well, had a few hours of smooth sailing so i won't complain

The Sharlayan/Labyrinthos story was booooooring. You know it's a snooze when the optional sidequestline with the scientist's pet troll was more entertaining. Thavnair was where all of the cool stuff happened. My recommendation would be to do Sharlayan/Labyrinthos first. Get the dull homework out of the way. Then go to Thavnair as that leads into the first dungeon and you won't run into speedbumps or awkward story arc arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Sharlayan/Labyrinthos story was booooooring. You know it's a snooze when the optional sidequestline with the scientist's pet troll was more entertaining. Thavnair was where all of the cool stuff happened. My recommendation would be to do Sharlayan/Labyrinthos first. Get the dull homework out of the way. Then go to Thavnair as that leads into the first dungeon and you won't run into speedbumps or awkward story arc arrangement.
    Well it is not particularly exciting in sharlayan but this is always how expansions start and sharlayan was very much the "lets introduce characters and our first issue" part. Toward the end I found it nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Login queues looking pretty alright on my server (Midgardsormr), only about 300-400 deep. Haven't had a chance to play yet, planning on switching from DRG to RPR first thing.

After returning last month, picking up where I left off about a third of the way into Stormblood, I wanted to roleplay the switch from DRG to SAM for SB and then do DRK for Shadowbringers, but really didn't want to stall out the MSQ to level up from 50/30 before progressing, so I decided to just stick with DRG for the time being.

Then when I realized I wouldn't be able to finish ShB in time for EW launch, I decided I'd just chill and headcanon RP the DRG to RPR switch as my character transitioning from Warrior of Light to Warrior of Darkness. Just so happened that the last MSQ quest I did to hit 80 on DRG was the fight against Ran'jit, where he merges with his dragon familiar to basically become the First's equivalent of a Reaper. Felt really perfect for roleplay purposes to stop there.

So now, after a narrow victory against Ran'jit, my Dragoon retreats to Eorzea to lick his wounds in Ul'dah, where he will begin training to fight against a master scythe-wielder...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Login queues looking pretty alright on my server (Midgardsormr), only about 300-400 deep. Haven't had a chance to play yet, planning on switching from DRG to RPR first thing...
    Wow. I'm at around 40-50 for the queue on Hyperion. My guess is it'll go up later today.

While I haven't unlocked them myself yet, I'm rather unimpressed with reaper and sage from my dungeon roulette runs, I hope people learn to play them at least to a level where I can pull wall to wall without having to use every defensive cooldown twice per pull... so far I'm not impressed with barrier healing anymore than I was before as a gimmik on certain fights/places.

I'm also really torn on summoner. I feel like getting ride of the pet for the most part but keeping the mostly abandoned aetherflow mechanic was a mistake. While it's a nice fireworks show cycling through your elements, it feels a bit weird tbh. Not much of an improvement over just having dedicated pets.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-12-03 at 10:17 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I played until past the first trial and so far, the Sharlayan was the only disappointing thing I encountered.
    I think the story around these knowledge seekers itself is pretty dope, especially if you consider the Gubal Library stuff and all that.... but so far it was pretty boring.
    Also, the speaker didn't even look at the votes behind him, and thus he may f- himself!

The 2nd dungeon looked dope though. Too bad you don't really play these dungeons after leveling anymore.