Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Specifically, I mean the main story arc, which I will rant about later in detail in the spoiler thread.

What I liked about ShB was the moral ambiguity, which they essentially threw out the window from the first cutscene in EW. The about face was so abrupt I figured shenanigans only to discover there were none. I expected grey and I got black & white with the nuance of ShB all but completely stripped from the main narrative and characters.

EW separated from ShB is a good expansion, but following it didn't work for me. I felt like a foundation was set up in ShB that wasn't built upon and they decided to go with all new construction instead.
    Isn't EW basically the result of what decision we made in ShB? It would be silly to question our moves all the time once more when we decided in ShB to care about ourselves and to follow up on our own path.
    Or what is that you mean with with "moral ambiguity" (in ShB). I think it was the logical conclusion to the story after what has happened in SB and ShB, especially if you consider that EW is the last expansion regarding that whole storyline and it should find closure instead of another multitude of doubts. (And considering what the enemy is in this expansion)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-06 at 10:48 AM.

Man the pacing and story dramatically changes after the 4th zone. I felt at first like the trial felt like the end and after that was the 5.1 equivalent but then you go back to the early zones and go "oh. Oh yeah all that in the trailer didn't happen yet huh?" and things go absolutely fucking bananas.

and still no hints to those last two zones, at this point im expecting one to be back on norvrandt or in the past or something crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Holy shit I've only just done the first trial and gadzooks its topped ShB only 3 levels in. All is forgiven for Titania!
    I saw people saying the trial was hard because they wiped once and was like 'boy you can tell who didn't do pre nerf titania in early access last time around'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Specifically, I mean the main story arc, which I will rant about later in detail in the spoiler thread.

What I liked about ShB was the moral ambiguity, which they essentially threw out the window from the first cutscene in EW. The about face was so abrupt I figured shenanigans only to discover there were none. I expected grey and I got black & white with the nuance of ShB all but completely stripped from the main narrative and characters.

EW separated from ShB is a good expansion, but following it didn't work for me. I felt like a foundation was set up in ShB that wasn't built upon and they decided to go with all new construction instead.
    But shadowbringer already removed the ambiguity by us defeating the last of the unsundered. From then its just defeating the enemy they failed to destroy themselves.

Well, I explained it all at length in the spoiler thread. :P I'm sure I still missed some things too.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

In regards to MSQ xp

Beyond killing a few 'unnecessary' world mobs and a fate or two I just happened to run through I have not gained any additonal xp. I just hit my first 85 required MSQ quest and I'm about 100k away from hitting 85 and is the first stop.

Been playing exclusively reaper and did both dungeons as trusts if the xp is any different there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this question will probably turn in to a flamewar or what not, but im kind of curious. Since Endwalker released WoW have had a lot more (like 50% or so) streamers compared to FF14 on Twitch. Right now WoW have about 30k and FF14 about 20k. But since this summer up until last week or so FF14 usually had the same amount or more streamers.
    Just seem so strange that FF14 wouldn't go way "on top" with the release of a new expansion and so many new people. Would 9.2 PTR really draw in more streamer compared to Endwalker or am i missing something?

Been watching a lot of different streams the last few days since have nothing else to do while waiting in the queue

PS. I know the amount of streamers don't really say much and don't really matter at all, was just curious.

Edit: Ah nevermind. Just heard one of the streamers say that they aint streaming Endwalker atm mostly because most people don't want to watch others play through the MSQ, but rather play it themselves and that makes sense! That's probably the reason
    Last edited by Cren; 2021-12-06 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    In regards to MSQ xp

Beyond killing a few 'unnecessary' world mobs and a fate or two I just happened to run through I have not gained any additonal xp. I just hit my first 85 required MSQ quest and I'm about 100k away from hitting 85 and is the first stop.

Been playing exclusively reaper and did both dungeons as trusts if the xp is any different there.
    Probably missing the "rested" bonus for the dungeons(?)
    If you are rested, you can do MSQ from 80-90 as long as you unlock flying as well AND do the role-quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I know this question will probably turn in to a flamewar or what not, but im kind of curious. Since Endwalker released WoW have had a lot more (like 50% or so) streamers compared to FF14 on Twitch. Right now WoW have about 30k and FF14 about 20k. But since this summer up until last week or so FF14 usually had the same amount or more streamers.
    Just seem so strange that FF14 wouldn't go way "on top" with the release of a new expansion and so many new people. Would 9.2 PTR really draw in more streamer compared to Endwalker or am i missing something?

Been watching a lot of different streams the last few days since have nothing else to do while waiting in the queue

PS. I know the amount of streamers don't really say much and don't really matter at all, was just curious.

Edit: Ah nevermind. Just heard one of the streamers say that they aint streaming Endwalker atm mostly because most people don't want to watch others play through the MSQ, but rather play it themselves and that makes sense! That's probably the reason
    That's not a metric you should worry about. I'm more of a WoW guy but I can tell you that these numbers don't matter.
    A single large streamer, like Asmon, would skyrocket FFXIV to the top of twitch categories.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It really doesn't, I mean, if it weren't spoilers I'd quote the exact parts where they say the exact opposite because I remember most of that stuff word to word even.
    You are projecting something that isn't there.

From who actually goes there and what they want to do and why they go there and only them and not someone else.
    To how the other party reacts towards the whole thing and how they view it and what they want from them.
    It seems like you either didn't quite understand that or you simply skipped it? Maybe?

None of what you said is even remotely how it happend, what they said or how it went. Seriously. In part, it's the exact opposite.
    You're free to think what you want. Makes no difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You're free to think what you want. Makes no difference to me.
    I mean, you brought it up and asked. lol. Why even ask then.

I'm just saying it's objectively not how you think it is when quite the opposite was being stated and done.
    Saying something is blue even though it's brown doesn't make it blue. If it were wague and we'd both see it through a blue glass we would have room for an argument about what is underneath.
    You were just making things up, in part, the opposite of what has actually happened even. Weird.

Wow this expansions story is kinda shit isn't it? Well mostly the Garlemald part. For years we've been waiting to invade Garlemald and now it's like "Let's invade! but don't kill anyone.." With the rapid decissionmaking that is required in warfare they're gonna spend time thinking about how to incapacitate instead of killing.. seems legit.
    First of all, they don't invade, they send a relief force made out of people who are there to HELP, 100% volunteers. They *try* to not harm them but even Estinnien fails at doing so. Going there to kill them would make their whole mission pointless. It's not an invasion and I have no idea how you could've missed that. You can go to war and say that civs are not to be harmed but when it happens it happens, doesn't mean you should not at least try to avoid it.

Story here goes like: "Hey future friends!", "Fuck you, i kill you we proud garleans and we won't be subjugated, please feel pity for us even though we've been harassing your nations for ages" "No please don't hurt us, we friends and we will accept being captured (and potentially killed in some martyr move to prove it)".. Super lame and juvenile warfare. Reminds me of shitty trails of cold steel warfare.
    actually, Garleans say "we don't need nor want your pity, go away, you only want something from us in return, we don't trust you". Then they *take* (not like the twins had a choice) hostages to get the aliens out of their nation, seeing that they have no way to win, they start fighting like zealots to defend Garlemald, before eventually realizing that there is nothing left to defend and that there is no help coming from inside. They never accepted defeat or capture before everything was officially over and lost. The main character of that zone specifically says, multiple times even, that he doesn't want nor need pity and all the soldiers in his hideout do the same and the Legion commander goes full Hitler as well. There is no "no please, don't hurt us, feel pity for us" whining or whatever you were thinking about. They just try to justify it and all it does show is that they've been lied to through whatever propaganda has been told in their cities.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-06 at 03:59 PM.

I mean, you brought it up and asked. lol. Why even ask then.

I'm just saying it's objectively not how you think it is when quite the opposite was being stated and done.
    Saying something is blue even though it's brown doesn't make it blue. If it were wague and we'd both see it through a blue glass we would have room for an argument about what is underneath.
    You were just making things up, the opposite of what has actually happened even. Weird.

First of all, they don't invade, they send a relief force made out of people who are there to HELP, 100% volunteers. They *try* to not harm them but even Estinnien fails at doing so. Going there to kill them would make their whole mission pointless. It's not an invasion and I have no idea how you could've missed that.

actually, Garleans say "we don't need nor want your pity, go away, you only want something from us in return, we don't trust you". Then they take hostages to get the aliens out of their nation, seeing that they have no way to win, they start fighting like zealots to defend Garlemald, before eventually realizing that there is nothing left to defend and that there is no help coming from inside. They never accepted defeat or capture before everything was officially over and lost. The main character of that zone specifically says, multiple times even, that he doesn't want nor need pity and all the soldiers in his hideout do the same and the Legion commander goes full Hitler as well. There is no "no please, don't hurt us, we have always been your friends" whining or whatever you were thinking about.
    Pretty much free to say whatever i want. Doesnt mean im up for an excessive debate.

This queue system needs a rework. 1 in queue and was kicked out, but upon reentry it says world is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I thought Garlemald's MSQ was decent but the sheer amount of mediocre sidequests you had to do (to meet the level and ilevel requirements to continue) was a turn off. The only good sidequests were the one that had you hand out soup and the one with you searching for that boy's parents.
    I've only done the blue side quests and 1 roulette and I haven't encounted any particular pacing issues.

Heck I'm not even using the gear garlemald gave me yet as I'd have to go glam it.

Pretty much free to say whatever i want. Doesnt mean im up for an excessive debate.
    Obviously, lol.
    You can also say that FFXIV is WoW, and while you are free to say that, you'd only raise confusion.

Why bother... if you are saying you want to be ignored, I'll ignore you.
    You were free to simply not quote me either and let it slip. Yet you didn't.

Obviously, lol.
    You can also say that FFXIV is WoW, and while you are free to say that, you'd only raise confusion.

Why bother... if you are saying you want to be ignored, I'll ignore you.
    You were free to simply not quote me either and let it slip. Yet you didn't.
    Im telling you to chill the fuck out as im not gonna debate you. Ignore me if you want

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm halfway through the fifth zone and the pacing of this expansion is way slower than ShB was (IMO). I just felt like ShB was building and building the entire time without stop, and there's some really cool moments strung throughout each major zone. EW really didn't do that for me, and most that are still playing through EW are probably going to feel uh, neutral about what happens at the start of fourth zone.

I have no doubt it's going to finish well because the fifth zone is amazing and the return to one of the earlier zones was quite good too. It sort of has to finish well because the ground work has already been laid. That's not to say that it has some slow points, or areas within EW that are kind of meh or bad.

Twitch numbers are never a good metric, especially for certain games. FF14 is plagued with queues at the moment in addition to being a game that's pegged as a primarily story driven game. I don't really watch streamers at all, but it seems counter productive to be hyped about a game because of story reasons, just to watch other people play it when the game is first released. Makes more sense weeks down the road if you want to watch people you know or likes reactions to story beats you've already experience. Not really a knock against FF14, but aside from watching peoples reactions and perhaps first time progression, MMOs aren't exactly prime viewing material.

7+ Year Old Account
    I finished the first trial last night.

Good god
    That was beautiful. And im not even level 85
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Im telling you to chill the fuck out as im not gonna debate you. Ignore me if you want
    Dude calm down yourself m8, oh my.
    I was just saying that if you wished to be ignored I will do it.
    You can not quote me or not answer me as well and it will lead to the same thing. Get it?

Got to zone 5 finally and after a while slapped my forehead and went holy shit is Hythlodaeus Zenos? and if thats true but that messes with a bunch of theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post

FF14 isnt as popular as the zealous fanbase would have you believe. 20K is a huge number for them, usually they wallow at around 5-8k

There should be an auto logout after x hours until they fix the server queues. That some people are permanently online since the game launched (using autoclickers etc) while others haven't been able to login for days is just unfair.