Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    What? How? When? I just transfered to Materia one of my alts to get the bonus kek

Edit: Fuck, i just saw, cant transfer back to lamia
    I hope you'll have some luck later

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I maximized the Hell out of Road to 70 and in some ways I regret it. I ended up making an alt because all my jobs are 80+ now. :P
    Alts are great, I just rolled one too.

As general information another thing to mention, that Road to 80 will stack with Armoury Bonus later once your character is high enough, so alt jobs that are under highest level character will get another +100% EXP on top of server 100% buff. Armoury however applies to character alone, but it still leaves juicy 100% buff for leveling professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made it to Crystal in PVP. The mode has some wtf moments, but I honestly haven't enjoyed a PVP game this much since Heroes of the Storm. I feel like this is what I always wanted Arenas in WoW to be. Balancing is also kinda out of whack. SAM's LB needs a nerf and WHM and WAR are probably too strong overall. GNB and RPR need buffs pretty badly. I feel like BLM and DNC need buffs too but I see them so rarely that I'm not actually that sure how good/bad they are.

Also comp is a big problem. If one team has 1 WAR and 1 WHM and the other team has all dps, the all dps team is almost definitely screwed. They are probably worried about inflating queue times by having to mandate that both teams have jobs of the same roles, but I think it may be necessary if the mode has longevity.

Regardless this shit is addicting and gives me hardcore "One more game" syndrome.

How does Square Enix manage to not fix such an awful Auction House over the past 8 Years ?. its a pain in the ass to Sell/Buy/Navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Made it to Crystal in PVP. The mode has some wtf moments, but I honestly haven't enjoyed a PVP game this much since Heroes of the Storm. I feel like this is what I always wanted Arenas in WoW to be. Balancing is also kinda out of whack. SAM's LB needs a nerf and WHM and WAR are probably too strong overall. GNB and RPR need buffs pretty badly. I feel like BLM and DNC need buffs too but I see them so rarely that I'm not actually that sure how good/bad they are.

Also comp is a big problem. If one team has 1 WAR and 1 WHM and the other team has all dps, the all dps team is almost definitely screwed. They are probably worried about inflating queue times by having to mandate that both teams have jobs of the same roles, but I think it may be necessary if the mode has longevity.

Regardless this shit is addicting and gives me hardcore "One more game" syndrome.
    White mage in general is fine but the trouble is theres currently an exploit that lets them instantly refill their cure 2 charges, making the team almost immortal unless you focus burst them down.

Given its ranked and the feast was the cesspool of XIVs toxicity to the point of hacking and deleting accounts to remove ranking competition its no surprise those people can and will use exploits that haven't been fixed yet to try and rank up with scuffed matches.

- - - Updated - - -

so i was just doing some random unranked CC since i only needed one more win to rank up and get the 20k magitek flyer mount and after going to use the mount unlock item i noticed this in my inventory which i was randomly given on a win.

At first i thought it was a achievement thing like the Fae Pup but googling it this looks like an old reward from The Feast so i guess you can randomly get old ranked pvp rewards at random even in unranked pvp now?

So Hydaelyn created the 12 after all!

--- snip ---

Mod Edit: Giving the benefit of the doubt that this wasn't intended to distract or derail, but it's definitely not relevant to this thread or subforum.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-19 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Removed Video

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    So Hydaelyn created the 12 after all!

--- snip ---
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-19 at 04:56 PM.

... what? Honestly no clue what you're trying to say, be it a joke or bait.

Seeing WoW implement GW2's award winning momentum-based flying mount system makes me sad that FFXIV will never do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    ... what? Honestly no clue what you're trying to say, be it a joke or bait.
    I fucking got it, Alex line "the world has been sundered"

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seeing WoW implement GW2's award winning momentum-based flying mount system makes me sad that FFXIV will never do the same thing.
    I feel you mate. As fantasy goes GW2 truly manged to capture it. You probably know the man very well at this point, still it would be nice to hear what kind of changes he's open to.

Recent patch was quite generous in different ways for different players. Let's hope that he can carry those festivities into near future.

How do you know it's "never" going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    GW2 mounts aren't just movement speed multipliers. They have pseudo-physics and energy bars and abilities. Meanwhile, FFXIV has an input delay for your abilities to register and go off.

Also, FFXIV isn't an ambitious game like GW2 or WoW are, which constantly experiment with big new features like gliding, masteries, momentum based mounts, garrisons, artifact weapons, class order halls, island expeditions, etc.

Welp, it took a week but the shitters who ruined the feast have ruined ranked CC. They flooded the pvp groups with links to addons that automate your shit like a machinist will now lb instantly the moment your hp dips to the level it one shots you, samurais are just straight up bot accounts and white mages are weaving exploits into their buttons to be invincible.

Worse is when you play on console knowing there are people with extreme advantages you cannot compete against because the same dickheads who hacked accounts and threatened people to stay at the top of the feast rankings are now using cheats and exploits to keep anyone from ranking as well.

So if you noticed this week the samurais seem to know exactly when to wipe a whole party every time and dragoons and machnists just seem to limit at the perfect time and a white mage is taking damage from all 5 party members and still wont die? there you go.

It was a fun week while it lasted.

GW2 mounts aren't just movement speed multipliers. They have pseudo-physics and energy bars and abilities. Meanwhile, FFXIV has an input delay for your abilities to register and go off.

Also, FFXIV isn't an ambitious game like GW2 or WoW are, which constantly experiment with big new features like gliding, masteries, momentum based mounts, garrisons, artifact weapons, class order halls, island expeditions, etc.
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your assessment. But the statement is too much of an absolute IMO.

FFXIV may not be ambitious in the same way other games are, but it's shown many times to shamelessly pull ideas from other games. If this one in WoW turns out to be a huge success, I'd be very surprised if FFXIV doesn't do something similar at some point. Not likely very soon at all, as things take forever, but eventually.

If this one in WoW turns out to be a huge success, I'd be very surprised if FFXIV doesn't do something similar at some point. Not likely very soon at all, as things take forever, but eventually.
    I don't see why FFXIV should wait for an implementation in WoW to be a success (when it probably won't), when it was already a massive success in GW2? The mount system won Path of Fire many awards and is cited as one of the best things about GW2.

I don't see why FFXIV should wait for an implementation in WoW to be a success (when it probably won't), when it was already a massive success in GW2? The mount system won Path of Fire many awards and is cited as one of the best things about GW2.
    Fair point. However, you're assuming the audiences overlap. I'm not so sure they do, at least not as much as you seem to think.

I play both WoW and FFXIV, I have dabbled in GW2 and don't play anywhere close to enough to have either of the flying mounts. I don't ever care to get them. Their success means nothing to me because I will likely never experience them. I'm saying this simply to illustrate that at least some portion of the player base don't see GW2 as "competition" for FFXIV. Perhaps the developers of FFXIV feel similar?

Recently I came across simple (little bit obvious) but nonetheless fun fact about Adventurer Plates.

It's the ability to familiarize yourself with Free Company members much more faster. Also by constantly inspecting player plates, you have a better chance of connecting with them, because they are no longer anonymous names in roster.

As a person with certain attributes, I love this feature. It really makes you want to connect and socialize with players much more, them visual resumes really helps quite a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very simple: In order for flying like this to make any sense and be worth the effort of implementing, they would need to change their overworld design in a rather drastic manner.

What we see in the video looks fun because there are actual structures, caves, mazes etc. you can fly through.
    Flying in FF-XIV is just flying für 20 seconds from the nearest teleport to the specific destination you want to go. The zones are way too small to let such a mount, especially such a speed (these look considerably faster than anything our current mounts can do), come to life and be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Very simple: In order for flying like this to make any sense and be worth the effort of implementing, they would need to change their overworld design in a rather drastic manner.

What we see in the video looks fun because there are actual structures, caves, mazes etc. you can fly through.
    Flying in FF-XIV is just flying für 20 seconds from the nearest teleport to the specific destination you want to go. The zones are way too small to let such a mount, especially such a speed (these look considerably faster than anything our current mounts can do), come to life and be useful.
    A very fair assessment.

But I still wouldn't say it will absolutely never happen. Too absolute. I don't disagree the likelihood is low, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I still wouldn't say it will absolutely never happen. Too absolute. I don't disagree the likelihood is low, though.
    Sure, if it's a raving success and the engine of the game would allow for it, I could see it happen. Though with XIVs general input lag, I'd expect it to be a royal mess. They'd pretty much have to re-work the entire game's code to get it to be responsive enough.

World of Warcraft doesn't have that hurdle.