What was the conclusion with the housing fiasco? Because I got a house, I haven't been paying attention, just been gardening my ass off.

Haven't really got into decorating it yet, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Fair enough. The result is the same though, and it should be changed.
    It's more than just animation locks, too. A lot of things also snapshot but don't get displayed on the client for some time. (Like the usual telegraph/damage thing.)

The simplest example is any boss with a group-wide AoE that has a cast bar. Wait for the cast bar to finish and press an instant cast heal, like Assize. You'll cast the heal even though the group HP bars are still full, then the boss does the animation for their AoE, then magically the group HP bars will drop down and pop back up seemingly all on their own!

Basically, the damage has already gone out when the cast bar finished, regardless of the animation or what the client shows. Most people know that, but the fact that you can also predictably heal that damage before it appears is funny.

There's a lot in XIV that feels janky. It's predictable and manageable, but it still "feels" janky.
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-05-02 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It's more than just animation locks, too. A lot of things also snapshot but don't get displayed on the client for some time. (Like the usual telegraph/damage thing.)

The simplest example is any boss with a group-wide AoE that has a cast bar. Wait for the cast bar to finish and press an instant cast heal, like Assize. You'll cast the heal even though the group HP bars are still full, then the boss does the animation for their AoE, then magically the group HP bars will drop down and pop back up seemingly all on their own!

Basically, the damage has already gone out when the cast bar finished, regardless of the animation or what the client shows. Most people know that, but the fact that you can also predictably heal that damage before it appears is funny.

There's a lot in XIV that feels janky. It's predictable and manageable, but it still "feels" janky.
    As far as I can tell (by looking) AoE heals are extending from yourself and reach allies like a bubble "touching" them.
    I actually thought it's quite possible to heal before the damage occured because not every cast bar is snapshotting.

I can at least positively say that I managed to prematurely heal myself with Second Wind when I did use it like you just described.

At the same time however, I can definitely say that...what's it called for SAMs... third eye? (the shell that grants 10 kenki upon taking damage) only works when it's up while taking damage and it doesn't snapshot when the cast is done.
    That being said, there is something wonky going on with it because sometimes you can see that the "buff" is being removed 2 times (from damage taken AND from duration ending) - so there is some leeway to it.. probably when it happens between server ticks or something.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-02 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    As far as I can tell (by looking) AoE heals are extending from yourself and reach allies like a bubble "touching" them.
    Maybe. Or maybe it's just the server working off one player after the other. It's the same with many boss AoE's as well, people don't all get hit at once.
    I've had situations in which I pre-casted and AoE heal, everyone got healed except me due to a bad alignment of me healing myself first but being last to get the damage from the boss.

So is it just me or are the new raid group finder comps a little scuffed? Its now been multiple weeks with a minor patch update and every time its given the same job as all four dps, the same two healers and the same two tanks. So either a piece drops nobody in the role can use or everybody can use and i've never seen so much salt in the chat of a raid thats not related to people not standing on the plates for atomos in LotA.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What was the conclusion with the housing fiasco? Because I got a house, I haven't been paying attention, just been gardening my ass off.

Haven't really got into decorating it yet, either.
    In around 2 weeks the lottery system will continue as usual, and it will stay as useless and annoying as it is. Can't wait to see free large plots on my server, but only FCs can buy them!

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    In around 2 weeks the lottery system will continue as usual, and it will stay as useless and annoying as it is. Can't wait to see free large plots on my server, but only FCs can buy them!
    Yeah... that is really the dumbest thing. No announcement of opening more wards to players when there are even fucking large plots open in a lot of wards on a lot of servers, which were previously camped and fought over like toiletpaper in 2020...
    FCs that need a house now likely have theirs (doubt there are that many that got fucked over my participant 0), no need to have like 894 plots completely uncontested because no one cares and the ones that do, literally cannot bid on them

You know what this game needs?

It needs a personality profile once you finish the expansion based on your dialogue choices.
    ...Okay, it obviously doesnt need this, but it would be so fun if it existed. At the end of x.55, you get a personality profile about your wol. Right now, mine's a bit of a grumpy realist with occasional bouts of misplaced levity. In 5.5 it was more sarcastic and dismissive. Can squex hire a psychologist to pore through this and create checkmarks and point systems. It'd be such a surprising and silly feature.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So is it just me or are the new raid group finder comps a little scuffed? Its now been multiple weeks with a minor patch update and every time its given the same job as all four dps, the same two healers and the same two tanks. So either a piece drops nobody in the role can use or everybody can use and i've never seen so much salt in the chat of a raid thats not related to people not standing on the plates for atomos in LotA.
    This hasn't been my experience. I main MNK and I'm usually the only DPS who can roll Need on Striking gear, even with the popularity of SAM as a class.

Even when I go as RPR, there's usually at most one other RPR/DRG there.

Does anyone has friends who play on Materia? damn thing feels absolutely dead when using lfg

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    It needs a personality profile once you finish the expansion based on your dialogue choices.
    The dialogue choices vary depending upon the localization, and you don't really have much choice in how your character is portrayed in cutscenes. Sometimes you are forced to give a sarcastic or joking response regardless of whether you want to or not.

GW2 has voice acted player characters during the story, and one of the nice things about that game was that each race/gender voice actor characterized the player, even though they all said mostly the same lines. The male Charr player characters sounds like a more gruff soldier who is tired of people's crap, while the male Asura voice actor sounds more youthful and energetic, and cracks bad jokes. Perhaps FFXIV could have done something like that, where you could have picked your character's demeanor, or you could have been given more leeway in cutscenes.

Very disappointed at the current state of the game. The pvp additions were actually good and a step in the right direction. But their total disregard towards preventing win trading and adding in a system which prevents win trading basically makes the pvp a toxic experience if you are a person that is even remotely competitive or one who cares for fairness. They go hard on trying to silence people but refuse to put in any time towards actually implementing systems that prevent cheating on the downlow. It's no fun to see pvp getting better in terms of combat but just have people throw games and either pull you down or push their friends up all night long. The situation is worse when you start looking at some of these pvp discords banding together against individuals and basically blocking them from ranking up using alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yawn, nobody play FFXIV to take PvP seriously.

How much more nit-picky could you be?
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post

How is talking about win-trading and other forms of collusion "nit picking"?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Does anyone has friends who play on Materia? damn thing feels absolutely dead when using lfg
    This might not portray to your server demographics or server issues specifically. In my case once I fixed my sleep schedule the problem became nonexistent. I used to be a night owl queuing after hours when everyone was sleeping. I noticed that people in this game really respect their time and understands when to log off, so I went and learned few valuable lessons too.

While I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, it's a part of the game. People are free to take whatever part of it that they want to seriously and the game should be designed so that it's fair.

Pointing out flaws in parts of the game that were released for customer consumption should be open to criticism.

That's not nit picking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I just jumped into Frontline now that I'm done with Endwalker and really just acquiring tombstones and the like for upgrades, and found it pretty fun all in all. Doesn't really seem to take itself super seriously, and is really just a diversion in my own anecdotal experience of it thus far. Went a lot better than Asphodelos is going for me, at least - I can't seem to understand how Hippokampos works just yet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That's not nit picking.
    You're not wrong, my reaction was mostly due to the overly dramatic hyperbole.

Win trading is not nearly as prevalent or as big of a problem as that poster is making out.

You're not wrong, my reaction was mostly due to the overly dramatic hyperbole.

Win trading is not nearly as prevalent or as big of a problem as that poster is making out.
    Fair enough. I just know it's prevalent enough that several people across a few forums have said stuff about it, specifically in the new PvP mode.

It's a valid concern given the ranking system now, where having even one game be sullied y win trading can affect your standing. That would be aggravating.

I don't disagree with the sentiment that people who take PvP seriously are likely better off looking at other games than FFXIV, but I know quite a few people who love FFXIV and enjoy PvP and therefore take the PvP in FFXIV seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I just have confidence that Square will analyse and fix the issue once they have enough data, as they are wont to do.