Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/73XThs6

I know everyone has their stance regarding dps mods, but when you have people who cant even be bothered to press more than 1 button, yeah, sometimes you need them
    lmao that is sad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    In content like that, who honestly gives a crap.
    I've been known to half ass it in there as well because I was busy talking to friends I ran with.
    I'm half and half on it. While yes, FFXIV's is overall braindead easy and thus a high level of competency isn't mandatory, you're still wasting other people's time if you're just spamming one button or autoattacking.

In content like that, who honestly gives a crap.
    I've been known to half ass it in there as well because I was busy talking to friends I ran with.
    I do, why the fuck should i do the job of 2 people while the other one gets an easy ride?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    True. No way to clear the very prestigious Castrum Meridianum with people pressing one button. :b
    People like you are Granyala are exactly why you get people like the sum i get in my group, why bother improving when there's always some sucker defending you for being shit

I do, why the fuck should i do the job of 2 people while the other one gets an easy ride?

- - - Updated - - -

People like you are Granyala are exactly why you get people like the sum i get in my group, why bother improving when there's always some sucker defending you for being shit
    Because who gives a crap in friggin MSQ roulette. Yeah, I always try my best, but I'm really not sweating what anyone else is doing.

If you want to be all serious business and complain about performance, at least do content where people will agree that such an attitude is warranted. Otherwise it's like doing fates and complaining that people aren't trying hard enough.

You realize you're freaking out over MSQ roulette? It's a completely random group. It could be an RPer who just wants some glam. Calm down. No one cares about performance in MSQ roulette.

If someone in your static is performing low, absolutely call them out for it. DPS meters are a necessity for that kind of organized group content. If I'm doing Duty Finder or a FATE or something the last thing on my mind is how much damage my fellow players are contributing.

CM is not the place to give a shit about DPS. Everyone blasting their hearts out maybe shaves 2 minutes off the run. As usual with the MSQ roulette, it's the cutscenes which take up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    CM is not the place to give a shit about DPS. Everyone blasting their hearts out maybe shaves 2 minutes off the run. As usual with the MSQ roulette, it's the cutscenes which take up all the time.
    It adds up, if someone CBA to do a least somewhat of a rotation they shouldn't be putting that onto other people.

https://imgur.com/a/73XThs6

I know everyone has their stance regarding dps mods, but when you have people who cant even be bothered to press more than 1 button, yeah, sometimes you need them
    Need them for what? What did you do with this info in this particular case?

From what I see, you likely did nothing, and having access to the damage meter caused more distress than not having it would have. You found out someone was playing poorly, and it upset you. Without the damage meter, you'd have just immediately moved on.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-17 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Need them for what? What did you do with this info in this particular case?

From what I see, you likely did nothing, and having access to the damage meter caused more distress than not having it would have. You found out someone was playing poorly, and it upset you. Without the damage meter, you'd have just immediately moved on.
    You can often tell people are playing like ass without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    BLM with full mana all fight, SAM casting midare only once a minute maybe...

Yeah.. I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    BLM with full mana all fight, SAM casting midare only once a minute maybe...

Yeah.. I can see that.
    The game telegraphs spells so flashy-like, you'd be hard pressed to not notice someone spamming the same button lol

10+ Year Old Account
    To get dps that bad on a job that simplistic you pretty much have to just stand there not casting frequently, or not using your summons at all.

If someone needs a parser to notice that they weren't the most perceptive player to begin with.

The game telegraphs spells so flashy-like, you'd be hard pressed to not notice someone spamming the same button lol
    Oh man, who plays with other players spell effects on?

First time I encountered a WHM spamming Holy I googled how to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh man, who plays with other players spell effects on?

First time I encountered a WHM spamming Holy I googled how to turn it off.
    I play with raid on, I like the animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Or having a macro to cast CI on the tank that worked reliably would take out some of the buttons. Or a macro to cast on the targets-target.
    Both should be easily doable and since you do not chain multiple spells within one macro should work no problem.

Personally, I guess I'm just too used to rapid target switching to be bothered by it. 10yrs of Shadowpriest/healing will do that to you. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't use the duty finder and create a custom group according to your standards, lol.

Trust me, when you have me in a dungeon where performance actually matters, you will have nothing to complain about.

yeah, sometimes you need them
    No you don't.

If the content got cleared who cares and unless you are doing salvage its very likely the content was cleared. Addon's can stay the hell out of FF14 and I'm more than happy to report anyone who brags about using them in game.

If you want addon's go play a MMO that allows them.

- - - Updated - - -

With this kind of attitude you won't last long in FF14. Sooner or later you will pop off with some elitism crap and the problem will fix itself.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Since when did expecting basic competency become "elitist"?

Both should be easily doable and since you do not chain multiple spells within one macro should work no problem.

Personally, I guess I'm just too used to rapid target switching to be bothered by it. 10yrs of Shadowpriest/healing will do that to you. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't use the duty finder and create a custom group according to your standards, lol.

Trust me, when you have me in a dungeon where performance actually matters, you will have nothing to complain about.
    Since they stated they'll take a look at the most used plugins and try to incorporate them I sure as hell hope they also take a look at their macros.

Being able to queue and with that use (properly working) mouseover macros has made playing healer a lot more enjoyable imo. especially on sage and astro, it's just harmless QoL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Since when did expecting basic competency become "elitist"?
    Ask the "you don't pay my sub" crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is more about you saying that you "need" them for this specific case... and that specific case has absolutely zero need for a DPS tool.
    You just want it to shit on people. "Rightfully so" or not - that's the difference here and doesn't advocate for the requirement of such a tool.

In fact, I'm not even sure if SMN can do a lot at that level of play.
    I'm not playing one (or rather, it's been like 3 reworks ago since I had), but I can already imagine everything dying before my dot ticks 2 times and I'm not sure what kind of burst SMN has there. But that's besides the point anyway - or is it? Because if you use the tools on that kind of level where classes don't have any tools (like, some don't even have AoE at lvl XY) then it's just straight up unfair.

The game isn't balanced in any way whatsoever before max level.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-17 at 05:22 AM.

Summoner is no longer a dot class. Summoners don't even have the excuse of things dying before they finish casting anymore, as the vast majority of their combat abilities don't have a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Summoner is no longer a dot class. Summoners don't even have the excuse of things dying before they finish casting anymore, as the vast majority of their combat abilities don't have a cast time.
    Maybe, doesn't matter though. The point still stands and before the rework and maybe in a future rework the point might come up again.
    It's simply not a tool you need for that (or any, actually) kind of content.
    I can usually tell these outliers simply by looking at the threat meter/aggro list.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-17 at 05:30 AM.