10+ Year Old Account
    I think Manipulation II is locked behind a quest?

There isn't a single 80+ crafting macro i use without Manipulation II.

Ic, crap, didnt want to do them t.t in other question, what should i be using my white scrips? im not aiming for endgame crafting, i just want everything at 90

Edit: Not sure why i expected custom deliveries to not have a cap of 12/week

White scrips are useful for gear as you level. And if you have gathering retainers, for gearing them up as well. You can get cheaper materia from white scrips as well, though the best materia will come from purple.

Also, white scrips are used to buy all Master Recipes from previous expansions, so you'll probably want to buy those first. Not necessary for getting to 90, just in case you want to glam something from those recipes, or you're a completionist. You'll be swimming in white scrips once you get into collectibles so you might as well.

Damn preferred world is locked on NA

Fantastic, i just hit a roadblock, apparently i need a thing called clusters that only spawn at certain hours of the day, sigh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What's the point of the Mentor Roulette anyways? I haven't qualified for it yet, but I imagine by the time you get the number of commendations you need for it, you've got everything at cap anyways. Does it just have some silly high EXP rewards?
    People like having a crown on their names

Despite being 'mentors' most people I see with the crown fail at leveling dungeon mechanics
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Fantastic, i just hit a roadblock, apparently i need a thing called clusters that only spawn at certain hours of the day, sigh
    Just use https://www.garlandtools.org/bell/ , set the alarm, and put it on a second monitor and do something else. FFXIV timers are based on Eorzea time, which is roughly an hour and a half, so even once-a-day nodes are up every 90 minutes or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Despite being 'mentors' most people I see with the crown fail at leveling dungeon mechanics
    99.9% of these mechanics are irrelevant. Why would I obey them if they do not matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Get used to it, most endgame crafting mats are timed gathering nodes. :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Get used to it, most endgame crafting mats are timed gathering nodes. :'D
    Can you imagine this shit in WoW? i love this game to death but some of this decisions absolutely baffle me

Can you imagine this shit in WoW? i love this game to death but some of this decisions absolutely baffle me
    Well, it's meant to add some scarcity since - in general - gathering has absolutely none with how nodes work. Besides, in WoW pretty much ALL nodes are timed and single-use, even if it's a short timer.

That said, timed mats usually end up being dirt cheap fairly quickly due to their limited uses and being heavily farmed even if they're "rare". So it's really no biggie in the end.

They usually get absolutely overfarmed very quickly, making it almost more efficient to just buy them from the board. Also, what clusters did you mean? If you mean Fire Cluster, Water Cluster and such, you can buy them from the board under "crystals" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    They usually get absolutely overfarmed very quickly, making it almost more efficient to just buy them from the board. Also, what clusters did you mean? If you mean Fire Cluster, Water Cluster and such, you can buy them from the board under "crystals" or something like that.
    Fuck, the wiki had no info about them being on the MB so i was just farming them <.< i just checked and yeah, you can buy them but they are only being sold in bulk and i just need enough for my class quest

7+ Year Old Account
    99.9% of these mechanics are irrelevant. Why would I obey them if they do not matter?
    Considering the mentor was tanking and led to three separate deaths and two wipes due to mechanics in Keeper of the Lake one would think a mentor would know better
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Got a question, for this free log in campaign for inactive folks, I saw that it goes through the 30th, and during that time whenever you first log in that will start the 96 hour countdown. If I log in on the 30th, will I still get the 96 hours, or must the 96 hours be done within the time frame before the 30th? I was going to start early today but due to some stuff coming up that didn’t happen, but as I have the 4th off, if I start it on 6/30 I basically have the whole weekend and some of a day off to play instead of 1 day, tonight, and maybe evenings for the last 2 days.
    Last edited by xezar; 2022-06-26 at 04:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Got a question, for this free log in campaign for inactive folks, I saw that it goes through the 30th, and during that time whenever you first log in that will start the 96 hour countdown. If I log in on the 30th, will I still get the 96 hours, or must the 96 hours be done within the time frame before the 30th? I was going to start early today but due to some stuff coming up that didn’t happen, but as I have the 4th off, if I start it on 6/30 I basically have the whole weekend and some of a day off to play instead of 1 day, tonight, and maybe evenings for the last 2 days.
    You are assured 96 hours from when you log in, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honstely, now that they removed the HQ subvariants, you need so little of these mats, that either you raid the Market Board or you visit each node 3x and are done.
    It only really gets relevant when you want to practice bulk crafting to sell stuff. Same goes for the whole gatherer materia overmeld shabang. For personal crafting, yieald increases are irrelevant.

BTW: when you already rage about timed nodes, have fun with materia overmelding. :'D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Considering the mentor was tanking and led to three separate deaths and two wipes due to mechanics in Keeper of the Lake one would think a mentor would know better
    Guess he found mechanics belonging into the 0.1% group. :'D

Honstely, now that they removed the HQ subvariants, you need so little of these mats, that either you raid the Market Board or you visit each node 3x and are done.
    It only really gets relevant when you want to practice bulk crafting to sell stuff. Same goes for the whole gatherer materia overmeld shabang. For personal crafting, yieald increases are irrelevant.

BTW: when you already rage about timed nodes, have fun with materia overmelding. :'D
    Let's not forget to mention that this is also something that you really only need to do if you're seriously going to go heavy into crafting the latest and greatest of gear. With their abilities as they are now? Anything 80 and lower can now be HQ crafted by a level 90 crafter without worrying at ALL about how bad your gear now.

Materia overmelding honestly is just a little time consuming than anything, and that's only if you're wanting to farm the mats and not just shell out the money to get the resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    Let's not forget to mention that this is also something that you really only need to do if you're seriously going to go heavy into crafting the latest and greatest of gear.
    Why level crafting jobs otherwise?
    Though typically, you don't need to pentameld.
    I usually get by with a few minor overmelds to hit the requirements, the materia is provided by the custom deliveries.

are there any plans to redo the leveling path? Having to go through ALL of the story is incredibly boring to me.

Why level crafting jobs otherwise?
    Though typically, you don't need to pentameld.
    I usually get by with a few minor overmelds to hit the requirements, the materia is provided by the custom deliveries.
    Mounts....