Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, I started playing in December of last year, a couple months (I believe) into Endwalker. This past week, I hit 90 on my last job. Including crafters, and BLU to 70.

Now that I'm at cap with everything, what do y'all do in FFXIV on a day-to-day basis (if anything at all)?

Once I get my 450 tomes of causality a week (which seems to be done with one set of roulettes on Tuesday + normal Abyssos circles 5-8), I can't see a reason to do duty roulettes as aphorism tomes seem fairly useless, except to practice jobs I don't usually play. And even then, only level 90 duty roulettes seem useful, because MSQ is such a limited kit that it doesn't feel worth while. Raid prep doesn't require much at all, and organized statics usally don't require a lot of play time past a first few initial weeks.

I'm thinking of doing the relic weapon grinds - I've already bought all the ingredients requiring poetics.
    I play or do something else. At that point I've done everything I WANT to do, so anything else would be logging in just to log in and doing stuff for the sake of it.

Otherwise, when I do log in, it's just running older content, doing Gold Saucer, or anything else for glamour stuff, typically.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Get involved in learning an ulti and you will stay busy for months. Uwu is the good one to start with, it shouldnt take more than 3-4 weeks of PFing it to complete, and gives you a taste of what is to come with ucob and tea. DSR is a different monster though.

Work on an alt and pf the savage tier and out prog your static, since i assume you have one since you mentioned it.

Eureka, grind old mounts out, basically just older content in general.
    I second this. Ultimates are a lot of fun. In addition to Eureka, there are discord groups that are still doing Baldesion Arsenal and Delubrum Savage if you haven't done those yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I started playing in December of last year, a couple months (I believe) into Endwalker. This past week, I hit 90 on my last job. Including crafters, and BLU to 70.

Now that I'm at cap with everything, what do y'all do in FFXIV on a day-to-day basis (if anything at all)?

Once I get my 450 tomes of causality a week (which seems to be done with one set of roulettes on Tuesday + normal Abyssos circles 5-8), I can't see a reason to do duty roulettes as aphorism tomes seem fairly useless, except to practice jobs I don't usually play. And even then, only level 90 duty roulettes seem useful, because MSQ is such a limited kit that it doesn't feel worth while. Raid prep doesn't require much at all, and organized statics usally don't require a lot of play time past a first few initial weeks.

I'm thinking of doing the relic weapon grinds - I've already bought all the ingredients requiring poetics.
    Currently i'm working on my ocean fishing achievements - i even convinced my static group to start half an hour later so we can raid the oceans first!

Relic weapon grinds are a good option for other stuff to find and do, as is PVP, especially since that's got the new system that will give you stuff to get including a new mount this time around.

One thing I'd also suggest would be to start clearing off your map of all the side quests you've got. There are some of them that are really good to do for the story, others that get you rewards like emotes, and the great thing is that if you're wanting to go deep into collecting all the Triple Triad cards for the mount doing all the quests will allow you to do that, since some of the NPCs will only play against you after you finish a questiline.

I'd also suggest, if you've not done so, knocking out all of your Tribal Quests and start collecting their mounts and finishing out the stories. Doing the ARR ones alone will take you a while if you've ignored them completely. And all that alone should keep you busy until the next patch with story, since I've not even finished all that stuff yet myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    Relic weapon grinds are a good option for other stuff to find and do, as is PVP, especially since that's got the new system that will give you stuff to get including a new mount this time around.

One thing I'd also suggest would be to start clearing off your map of all the side quests you've got. There are some of them that are really good to do for the story, others that get you rewards like emotes, and the great thing is that if you're wanting to go deep into collecting all the Triple Triad cards for the mount doing all the quests will allow you to do that, since some of the NPCs will only play against you after you finish a questiline.

I'd also suggest, if you've not done so, knocking out all of your Tribal Quests and start collecting their mounts and finishing out the stories. Doing the ARR ones alone will take you a while if you've ignored them completely. And all that alone should keep you busy until the next patch with story, since I've not even finished all that stuff yet myself.
    Oh, I've done all the tribal quests and gotten all those mounts. Including the ARR ones. Dailies in this game are so easy and quick, and they limit you to 12 a day so you can't burn out. But good other suggestions.

Should I be targetting every side quest, zone by zone? Or the specific, heavy-story ones? I've kept up with Hildebrand so far, so I'm ready for that relic grind once it drops.

Oh, I've done all the tribal quests and gotten all those mounts. Including the ARR ones. Dailies in this game are so easy and quick, and they limit you to 12 a day so you can't burn out. But good other suggestions.

Should I be targetting every side quest, zone by zone? Or the specific, heavy-story ones? I've kept up with Hildebrand so far, so I'm ready for that relic grind once it drops.
    There are some questlines that I know are well loved when it comes to doing them. A good example would be one over in Ishgard that actually involves a certain inspector that you might be familiar with if you've gone and done Hildebrand. Other then that, I'd personally go part by part. Like, focus on Ul'dah, then finish that up and move onto the next area until you've worked through them all. That's a lot of content to do so it'll take some time.

I'm curious has anyone been able successfully occupy some VIP housing plots since there are quite few fresh servers in couple regions. I'm tempted to try out on new server and roll on big plot if possible.

Edit: Many big plots available in my favorite district, both for private and free companies, don't know even where to start with decent gil farming methods, but let the grind begin for sake of having decent goals and striving to achieve them.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-10-05 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I'm curious has anyone been able successfully occupy some VIP housing plots since there are quite few fresh servers in couple regions. I'm tempted to try out on new server and roll on big plot if possible.

Edit: Many big plots available in my favorite district, both for private and free companies, don't know even where to start with decent gil farming methods, but let the grind begin for sake of having decent goals and striving to achieve them.
    I'm honestly surprised so many big plots are still available so late after the new system came in that you still have big plots available! Though that said, I'm one on of the bigger servers around, so maybe that's the reason why all the big plots around got snapped up that first week.

As far as gil farming, you could get some decent amount of gear through crafting, leves, and just selling off things in general. Maps also can get you a pretty penny, especially if you go and get some of the rarer materials that can be sold. Playing the market boards is always an option, too. Problem is that it still takes a while and a half to save up the amount of gil to get a Large house. I know in my Free companies case, we ended up double dipping in on a medium that no one had put money on to guarantee that VS risking going against several people who put in for the large.

Best I could suggest is that take advantage as many money making things as possible that don't eat up an insane amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post

- selling materia you don't need can get you a lot of gil. i usually keep 5-10 big clusters and sell the rest as well as all IX clusters.
    just check which materia is currently going high and sell those.

- another thing is turning currencies you do not use into sellable items.
    small tomestones, crafter scrips, bicolor gemstones, nuts from hunts and tribal quest currencies can be turned into crafting mats or materia cluster, both of which can be a decent income. not a crazy goldmine, but still nice bonus. i think i made around 5 million at the end of ShB just by cleaning up my old currencies when i prepped for EW.

-if you can do them, unreal trials and the stuff you can get from them can sell for a lot, especially early. it's not uncommon to sell a new mount or even a minion for several million if you have points left from the previous one.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Thank you kindly, appreciate your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else feel like there has been an increase in impatient people in duties as of late?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Anyone else feel like there has been an increase in impatient people in duties as of late?
    A little, yes. Of course, that's anecdotal, but more rush rush rush. I've also personally been getting fewer commendations (I can't tell for others, of course), not that I'm entitled to any, but it's a notable difference for me compared to a few months ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    So they're adding a new NA logical data center with 4 new servers on it because the game is so popular. Imagine having to add servers 8 years after launch as an MMO. That's wild.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, content is getting older, people just want to be done with the daily grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    So they're adding a new NA logical data center with 4 new servers on it because the game is so popular. Imagine having to add servers 8 years after launch as an MMO. That's wild.
    Assuming that there are no limitations on solo players transferring to new servers and biding on VIP housing instantly. There is no better time to invest in making your own FC as soon as new servers gets open.

I'm not sure how accurate this information is, but I was reading somewhere that there is internal grace period of at least 30 days of staying in Free Company before appropriate ranks are allowed to participate in housing lottery. Any FC that starts later and fails to enroll in first batch is definitely in disadvantage fighting for those VIP spots.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a monk in expert roulette that decided the tank wasnt going fast enough so they decided to start rushing ahead and pull everything but the rest of the party just watched as they got murdered by the mobs but even after dying every pull they just kept doing it.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

First time I even hear a whisper of potential new customizaiton. It was something I was disappointed about when they didn't mention it during the graphical update, so to hear him talk about it here is heartening.

I get that it's "no promises" territory, but it's better than radio silence.

7+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I think either female hrothgar will be pushed to 7.0 to take advantage of the graphical update or they just gave up on the idea
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    At this point, I think either female hrothgar will be pushed to 7.0 to take advantage of the graphical update or they just gave up on the idea
    I think they already mentioned that femHroth got pushed to 7.0 (though I hope we see a preview for them around 6.4-6.5)

Which, not to make excuses for them, but knowing that they're doing the graphical updates, it would make sense. If not, they're basically doing double work. Same goes for adding new customization. If they try to fit it in pre-graphical update, it'll just mean having to redo it in 7.0 or in a post-patch.

I'm sure it's a yes to something, just curious what will it be.

Some form of customization in a form of having little bit more room to breathe would be really nice. I personally don't know how they would have to approach idea of giving Viera couple hairstyles that would allow them to wear hats or just wear hats in general. Going even further emperor type hairstyle would be perfect.

Anyway, no hard feelings if they aren't inclined to mess around with it.