Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    except that if it worked in combat it could "turn round" the other melle guys who are hiting you as well as caster and this would be the opness of it as it would do 2 things,
    1 inturupt the circle strafe direction and
    2 turn their back to you right when you want it which outside shadowstep shouldn't happen.

Deleted
    Ah the days when everyone used to distract mounted players off the alliance bridge in AH

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Ah the days when everyone used to distract mounted players off the alliance bridge in AH
    It used to be wonderfull in AV when defending the alliance side. Nothing funnier than watching a mass of mounted toons charging accross the bridge and they all suddenly spin around. Gives your guys a chance to attack first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    It used to be wonderfull in AV when defending the alliance side. Nothing funnier than watching a mass of mounted toons charging accross the bridge and they all suddenly spin around. Gives your guys a chance to attack first.
    This and to catch up with players that run away ... are the only real options I use it for on my rogue, trying to time to turn casters around is more annoying then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonblood View Post
    Actually thats not true. Work on PC's too. Just not when they are in combat i believe, i have made my fair share of people run of to their death at the flag in EoS.
    Or walk off the bridge in AV. :d

Don't mind me.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2011-11-02 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Derp.

Deleted
    I've managed to distract mages in BGs just as they were about to Blink, with hilarious results!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
    I've managed to distract mages in BGs just as they were about to Blink, with hilarious results!
    What mage blinks out of combat? O.O

Deleted
    Some can, yes. But i mainly use it to escape frontal AE attacks. Such as cone of cold ( when i want to sap ).

Though, yes, it might be handy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onscreen1 View Post
    For an example a warlock that soulfires you, distract him on the last .3 seconds and his spell will be interrupted.
    As a rogue you won't have any problems roflstomping warlocks. Especially those trying to cast soulfires at rogues in melee. No no, especially those trying to actually *cast* anything (apart from successful fear fakecast).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    What mage blinks out of combat? O.O
    a mage trying to run away with a flag in random bg's with a mass of enemies behind him just out of reach until...

that said if your smoke bombing a mage and combat drops as well as going into stealth it's worth distracting him so his cone of cold goes the wrong way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    a mage trying to run away with a flag in random bg's with a mass of enemies behind him just out of reach until...

that said if your smoke bombing a mage and combat drops as well as going into stealth it's worth distracting him so his cone of cold goes the wrong way!
    Bad mage :/

Yeah distracting that CoC is a #1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post

You won't be able to restealth with an ice mage as his fuckin pet will be on you the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    You won't be able to restealth with an ice mage as his fuckin pet will be on you the whole time.
    The pet will likely be on someone else of the mentioned "mass of enemies". Don't always think in 1on1 only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I love shadowmeld ^_^

When you're in melee with a warlock, you won't distract him, because he's in combat.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose