Deleted

My first game in Flash (ActionScript 3)

Hi

I've been slowly learning ActionScript 3 for the past few months and my school gave me 2 weeks to work on a project (not graded but I sure learned a lot). I haven't done anything other than small tutorials before this and I wouldn't call this a real game but it's a huge step for me. I didn't have time to write a design document and it didn't feel like it was neccessary for a small project like this. I pretty much just added things that came into my mind during the two weeks I worked on this so there was'nt a lot of planning. I had a lot of fun making the game and I'm really looking forward to start doing more complicated things in the future.

The programming is very basic and mostly just a bunch of IF statements and about the artwork... nothing wrong with good ol' paint! There are a few bugs and it's not finished but I hope you can enjoy it anyway. Good luck!

- Play now! -

Are you brave enough to save the villagers from the monster that hides in the shadows?

A few things:

those bats are really hard to hit with the clumsy shooting system
    For some reason I need to click on the game once after the level began, during that time I usually get hit once or twice, it would be helpfull to give the player a moment of reprieve at the start of the level to actually get used to the controlls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvenheart View Post
    A few things:

those bats are really hard to hit with the clumsy shooting system
    For some reason I need to click on the game once after the level began, during that time I usually get hit once or twice, it would be helpfull to give the player a moment of reprieve at the start of the level to actually get used to the controlls
    Yeah, that's something I was planning to do. The things at the start is what I did first so there's a lot of things to improve. I don't think I can solve the clicking issue since I have no idea what's causing it. I'll give the player some time to get used to the controls and make the bats spawn as you go forward (another thing I didn't do in the beginning is lock the screen so you can still walk forward as the bats are spawning).

The controls were clumsy for me as well but I guess I forgot about it after playtesting the game for the 100th time, the bats are also quite random so on the second wave I'm not even able to kill them all without losing a life if I get a bunch of fast ones (is RNG in that way bad or should I remove it?).

Thanks for the feedback!