Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why not Atonement AND Strength of Soul?

I want to get both. How can I do it efficiently?

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 12:08 PM ----------

I'm currently thinking of dropping Train of Thought so I don't have to drop Inspiration.

why not drop veiled shadows?

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRcbsRMochM is how i would likely spec if i wanted to pick up atonement and SoS.
    Last edited by diablo85; 2011-11-02 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    You can not get them in the first place.

Deleted
    Drop ToT and get inner focus + sos maxed and u got the spec I ran with when I started firelands. SoS is very usefull for much'o tank healer, and attonement is usefull for when dmg is low enough to nuke. You won't be smiting that much anyway.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRsbfoMochM

Deleted
    What are you using this spec for? My main is shadow and I made some weird ass atonement healing spec so I can run some easy dungeon to grind chaos orbs.

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 02:22 PM ----------

What are you using this spec for? My main is shadow and I made some weird ass atonement healing spec so I can run some easy dungeon to grind chaos orbs.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

Spec i use now: http://wowtal.com/#k=BelqhnZ2.b0w.priest.
    or http://wowtal.com/#k=VmLnXQo2.b0w.priest.

depending on the fight we are progressing on.

This is probably one of the better all-around specs: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGorRs0foMochMZb
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Man I couldn't raid with out ToT, it's too good for those heroic fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivicen View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfRorRs0fRMochr is what ive been running pretty much since 4.1..
    You're giving up borrowed time for surge of light? sorry, but no.

Deleted
    If you have zero mana problems, drop points from Mental Agility. You can try 1/3 Mental Agility or give that one point in Darkness.
    wowtal.com/#k=GU5B8bB2.b0w.priest.

mhm..

Quote Originally Posted by diablo85 View Post
    why not drop veiled shadows?

is how i would likely spec if i wanted to pick up atonement and SoS.
    Is this serious? No surge of light, SoS not maxed? I found this to be the best part; no inner focus. Wait! Yep, lets go 2/2 in ToT...

Deleted
    They can work together but they don't inter operate very well, like atonement if you use it purely for AA then fine but if you use atonement for it's heals then you will find little cross over to SoS abilities.

SoS spec is about the ability to cast shields and reduce the weakened soul debuff via heals but the fact that atonement heals don't reduce WS and on a target with WS don't gain the plus crit mean you end up being atonement healing for a while then move over to SoS's way of healing.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-11-02 at 06:34 PM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary

Haven't needed Mental Agility in a long time. The only talent I miss having previously is Surge of Light. Veiled Shadows (currently) lines up my Shadowfiend VERY well with encounter design (but the boss nerfs actually hurt that, lol).

Sure, it's only 1/2 SoS, but I'm rarely strictly on tanks as is (thus making the only point i have in SoS only useful for Baleroc) even though I'm in a 10man guild, but you didn't specify any of that. I suppose if you wanted 2/2-SoS, you could drop down to 1/2-ToT quite easily, while still gaining some benefit from it (50% instead of 100% on GHeal).

Fights that I'm able to Smite on (either for healing or Archangel buff): Shannox (although I'm usually Holy), Beth'tilac, Rhyolith, Alysrazor, and Majordomo. I do Smite spam at the beginning on Bale just for lulzy because not much else to do in the window before the first shard, although the other night I did experiment with keeping the healing buff and Smite spamming, and it seemed to heal the tank with boosted healing. Still a little risky when you have a melee DPS taking shard, but meh. Smite spam is useful if you know how to use it.

Atonement is more of a raid healing build, whereas Strength of Soul is more of a tank healing build. So while even if you can (and some do) spec into both without really missing core talents (why are people running without Borrowed Time? o.O), they both don't tend to play well together, because the spells that work with one don't flow into the other.

If you're looking for an everyman spec, I would recommend This spec. But really, what would suit a person better is actual specialization, because the gear priorities shift as much as the spells you want to use when you shift roles.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I'm using a similar spec to the one Kelesti posted above but with 0/3 mental agility and Desperate Prayer instead.

Not specing for any role kind of suits my role. We have a paladin that does the majority of the tank heals, a druid on raid and i float between roles, doing whatever is most needed. I'm also not removing my shadow OS :P

As for gear, i'm going haste > crit >= mastery, which i feel performs well in all roles.

Right now i have ~1600 haste, ~1200 crit, ~1100 mastery with ~1850 spirit (without trinkets)
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2011-11-02 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Atonement is more of a raid healing build, whereas Strength of Soul is more of a tank healing build. So while even if you can (and some do) spec into both without really missing core talents (why are people running without Borrowed Time? o.O), they both don't tend to play well together, because the spells that work with one don't flow into the other.

If you're looking for an everyman spec, I would recommend This spec. But really, what would suit a person better is actual specialization, because the gear priorities shift as much as the spells you want to use when you shift roles.
    Well I need to go Disc for 2 dif roles + Holy in Firelands clearing so doubling up with SoS & AA in Disc prevents me from having to respec every raid night :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Well I need to go Disc for 2 dif roles + Holy in Firelands clearing so doubling up with SoS & AA in Disc prevents me from having to respec every raid night :P
    Okay. But you don't run with Borrowed Time, why? D:
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    ive raided with this spec on my priest
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMorRsbfMMochr
    some people dont like it when they copyed it it was more of them not getting into the feel of it, but i can pull over 13K hps with smite healing and normal healing mixed in, i also see the surge of light procs to happen pretty often as well
    havent had any mana issues with not having mental agility

never really been fan of pain and suppression, well i mean havent really needed it
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Okay. But you don't run with Borrowed Time, why? D:
    Gotta give up SOMETHING - lol.. and pure PoH spam is more HPS than PWS for BT -> PoH

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    ive raided with this spec on my priest
    never really been fan of pain and suppression, well i mean havent really needed it
    I'm sorry... But if you haven't needed pain suppression you are probably getting carried. It probably the strongest healer cooldown in the game to give to a single target. The threat reduction is meaning less at this point because of how high tank threat is, and it can really save the day. Not picking it up for 1 point is simply gimping yourself. I also don't understand why so many people are picking up surge of light. I've tried it. It never procs when you need it to, and is simply a free flash heal from time to time whether you need it or not. (It's not a bad talent for holy due to Flash at least procing serendipity, but disc gets not extra benefit out of casting an overhealed flash heal)

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Gotta give up SOMETHING - lol.. and pure PoH spam is more HPS than PWS for BT -> PoH
    Are you not casting PW:S anyways for rapture? I'm sure if you did that, you could gain more HPS by merely focusing more stats out of spirit into real throughput stats.