Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what do you think of mana burn

Hi!
    i was thinking, what do you think about mana burn, do you have any problem with that in arena ? With my shamy resto and my partner frost dk, we just got a 2v2 vs disc priest and warlock, and the only thing the priest does was mana burn, no cd, and burn a lot of my mana... even when ii try to go LoS of him, fear.. man burn... then the lock fear, mana burn... the arena take about 30 min to end (we won it) But anyway..
    do you healer have some issue with that mana burn? What do you think of it?

Its grossly OP, and yes I play a priest in pvp casualy.

10+ Year Old Account
    they remove the "mana burn" from hunter and lock, why have they keep up the most op one?

Its nice when your the one doing the burning. But other than that. It is ridiculous. Should have a 8 second cooldown or something

Deleted
    Its stupid, it would be like only nerfing rogues and hunters healing reduction spells to 10% but leaving warriors with 50%. If they remove the ability from one class, it has to go from every class that has an ability like it.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    they remove the "mana burn" from hunter and lock, why have they keep up the most op one?
    Drain Mana was a channeled spell so you could not run behind a pillar to LoS it and i cant realy remember the hunter mana drain but i think that it worked like a DoT making the only way to get rid of it dispelling it and since it was a poison every class wasent able to dispell it while Mana Burn is a 2.5 sec cast(cant remeber if there still is any talents reducing cast time) that you can easly LoS.

It is grossly overpowered at most levels of play, although at the highest levels of arena it is not.

I feel it should be more costly to the priest casting it. It should be a choice, not a no-brainer.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    Drain Mana was a channeled spell so you could not run behind a pillar to LoS it and i cant realy remember the hunter mana drain but i think that it worked like a DoT making the only way to get rid of it dispelling it and since it was a poison every class wasent able to dispell it while Mana Burn is a 2.5 sec cast(cant remeber if there still is any talents reducing cast time) that you can easly LoS.
    yeah i know, but it still remove you a shitload of mana.... and its pretty anoying when you are fear and the priest spam you MB... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    It is grossly overpowered at most levels of play, although at the highest levels of arena it is not.

I feel it should be more costly to the priest casting it. It should be a choice, not a no-brainer.
    like a 1 button win in a low rating arena..
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2011-11-02 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Like Zhinkis said, Mana Burn was the weakest of the three and is fairly easy to deal with.

Mana Burn breaks CC as it has a (small) damage component. It has a 2.5 second cast.

To avoid it, it's easy to just pillar hug and los when needed. Not to mention that you can interrupt it.

yeah i know, but it still remove you a shitload of mana.... and its pretty anoying when you are fear and the priest spam you MB... just saying
    You said you were a shammy use your Tremor Totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    You said you were a shammy use your Tremor Totem.
    yeah but i cant spam it... when the totem and the trinket is use....i cant do shit xD
    exept running los.. then they fear me AND then mana burn

10+ Year Old Account
    It's dangerously OP.

Mana Burn can be done at all times (as long ya ain't moving of course). But while ya feared, stunned and so on. And sadly... I have noticed lately... All my 3v3's and 2v2's.... The only thing Priest knows to do is, Fear, Mana Burn and dots... They don't mostly do anything else..

Blizzard could at least add something on it. Like, the more you mana burn the longer the cast time, or a CD for the more you use it. Or it gets weaker? Something...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    they took drain mana from locks, this shit spell needs to be taken from priests too. been in many an arena where a shadow priest will not even try to dps, but rather just focus a healer and spam mana burn with total disregard. it's a bullshit broken mechanic and if it was stripped from warlocks, it should be stripped from priests.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

Well yeah it's pretty crazy. But...to be honest priests get shut down by melee so in 3s/5s where it matters there shouldn't be a lot of freecasting for priests, not to mention I think it compensates for them having no CC and low survivability against melee.

HPals? I'll just survive melee no problem, even casters. HPallies fucking live.
    RestoShams? They have Hex
    RDruids? They have Cyclone
    Priests? Give them Mana burn, the fear isn't really that much.

It is slightly OP and makes them better healers in some comps/situations though, yes.

But also, I've been in 2s matches where my disc mana burns someone to fucking 3-5% and they're still able to keep people alive, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helheim View Post
    they took drain mana from locks, this shit spell needs to be taken from priests too. been in many an arena where a shadow priest will not even try to dps, but rather just focus a healer and spam mana burn with total disregard. it's a bullshit broken mechanic and if it was stripped from warlocks, it should be stripped from priests.
    It probably could use a slight nerf, like a CD or something.

Warlock version is OP due to it can be done while LoS and is channelled, if locks are to keep it it would have needed a huge nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It's dangerously OP.

Mana Burn can be done at all times (as long ya ain't moving of course). But while ya feared, stunned and so on. And sadly... I have noticed lately... All my 3v3's and 2v2's.... The only thing Priest knows to do is, Fear, Mana Burn and dots... They don't mostly do anything else..

Blizzard could at least add something on it. Like, the more you mana burn the longer the cast time, or a CD for the more you use it. Or it gets weaker? Something...
    like a cd of like, 10 sec would be just ok

and for the shaman hex.. just a reminder that its 1min cd... just saying'

Deleted
    i think if it gets a CD, priest should really get a baseline silence or interupt. cant do anything vs casters.

but mana burn isnt really that OP, it has a long cast time and also costs a lot of mana, i would rather swap it for an interupt tbh :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i think if it gets a CD, priest should really get a baseline silence or interupt. cant do anything vs casters.

but mana burn isnt really that OP, it has a long cast time and also costs a lot of mana, i would rather swap it for an interupt tbh :P
    i agree with you

Mana Burn on a Shadow Priest is a bit op and maybe it should go, I hardy use it when i am playing disc anyways so i wouldn't miss it.

I hate it more than any other ability, its a pain in the arse trying to judge what to interupt, a heal thats going to take him back to full hp or a mana burn thats going to fuck over my healer and the wrong choice can often increase how long the games on for >.<
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate