Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    While Mana Burn doesn't have a CD, it has a pretty long cast time, warlock is a channel. Most healers have the excuse of not having a good interrupt.. but didn't you say you were a resto shaman? Just interrupt it when you see them casting/channeling.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The game needs fewer spell interrupts, not more of them.

That is true, but if mana burn had a cooldown i would feel so useless, since healer priests dont have an interupt, mana burn is the only thing they have vs casters, and thats even hard to pull off more than 1. it has a 3.5 second cast time, if a caster lets you get more than 2 of those off in a row, they are going to lose wether or not you have mana burn. it also costs the priest a lot of mana, usually in arena, if ive got to heal myself or my team mate, and cast some mana burns, i go oom pretty quick aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    While Mana Burn doesn't have a CD, it has a pretty long cast time, warlock is a channel. Most healers have the excuse of not having a good interrupt.. but didn't you say you were a resto shaman? Just interrupt it when you see them casting/channeling.
    when i did arena and played my resto shaman, id always laugh at disc priests trying to mana burn me. interrupt their heals, ground the mana burns (LoS when its on CD). priest would always go oom coz of mana burn.

Deleted
    Can we have 1 sticky with "no one care if u have trouble with mana burn"
    and
    sting from hunter was removed because class changed mana in focus and it was istant, making u regain mana
    drain mana was istant and make u regain mana

Mana Burn have 2sec + cast, u lose mana too, and is easy avoidable

So let be get this straight...OP is a Shaman that can break every form of priest CC, got mana burned, STILL WON THE MATCH, and now mana burn needs a nerf because OP didn't win with full mana?

Does anyone else see the problem with this?

It's annoying but far from op, as a resto shaman I allways feel that disc are bored in 2s, they are trying to annoy you with fear mc and mana burn but we can easely avoid all this with los, shear, grouding ...
    I hate fighting against disc not because of this but because they don't have to cast heals at all, the only thing I'm interupting are ofensive spells and i feel useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetjones View Post
    So let be get this straight...OP is a Shaman that can break every form of priest CC, got mana burned, STILL WON THE MATCH, and now mana burn needs a nerf because OP didn't win with full mana?

Does anyone else see the problem with this?
    i wanted people to have tier opignion on it. on the spell and not me.
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2011-11-02 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    i wanted people to have tier opignion on it. on the spell and not me.
    Well, my opinion is that Mana Burn is absolutely NOT op in the slightest. If anything, it could stand to go back to a 1.5 sec cast and burn less mana. At least then one of them might go off from time to time instead of having literally every single one interrupted by the warrior/dk/rogue/shaman humping you the entire fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    they don't have to cast heals at all
    purge shield, purge mending, renew isnt a real heal imo.
    paladin dont have to cast alot if not under pressure, druid and shaman too, so whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    purge shield, purge mending, renew isnt a real heal imo.
    paladin dont have to cast alot if not under pressure, druid and shaman too, so whats your point?
    Purge ?? why would I give disc a free manaburn ??

And from my experience disc cast less than sham and palys .... as for druids I don't care they just suck...

My point .... I have no point, 2s with healers are most of the time long and boring.

Deleted
    Purge ?? why would I give disc a free manaburn ??
    after your purge he have a free manaburn?

Purging = burning mana most of the time, you should choose wisely what and when to purge if you don't want to loose by being oom after 2 min.

Deleted
    As Shaman - DK the priest really can't mana burn....

The spell isnt OP at all it's so easy to avoid, interupt.
    Leave priests alone >

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    Hi!
    i was thinking, what do you think about mana burn, do you have any problem with that in arena ? With my shamy resto and my partner frost dk, we just got a 2v2 vs disc priest and warlock, and the only thing the priest does was mana burn, no cd, and burn a lot of my mana... even when ii try to go LoS of him, fear.. man burn... then the lock fear, mana burn... the arena take about 30 min to end (we won it) But anyway..
    do you healer have some issue with that mana burn? What do you think of it?
    so...uh... you won right?

"BLizzArd!!!!...x...class has a spell that almost beat me...nerft it prease!!!"

Deleted
    The thing is, that you can easily avoid them. If you cant avoid them, use wind shear for the cast and run for LOS (line of sight). It's really important to avoid going to the middle of the arena where you can easily get CC'd and burned, instead, use pillars etc. for your advantage. As a shamane and priest player, I can say you should be able to avoid them, if your wind shear is on cooldown, ask your DK to grip/silence/mindfreeze the priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: bads who die against one-shot baddies / bads who get mana drained because they cant los / bads who grinds arenas for cap and feel they have a say when it comes to arena

stop killing our game you cancerous losers, and stick to raiding.

I love mana burn. Haters gon hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't stand in the open. Hug the wall like a champ and if you get feared call out mana burns and ask your partner/partners to help you and mana burn is nothing compared to what drain mana was.

Deleted
    Purging = burning mana most of the time, you should choose wisely what and when to purge if you don't want to loose by being oom after 2 min.
    Now i see what u mean, btw obviusly u need to purge the shield in the pressure moment, not so hard to notice

Deleted
    There's nothing wrong with manaburn, you guys are either playing horrible brackets (2s) or you're bad. Pick the one that fits you. Btw to those you that are bad here's a tip; Use line of sight, manaburn takes forever to cast!