Thread: Voice Acting..

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Voice Acting..

I've been following this game for the better part of a year now and I love every aspect the NDA has alowed me to see. I timed everything perfectly, my wow sub ends Dec 24th so that gives me a good week++ to test it out and log onto wow to give all my gold away.

With that being said, I love the idea of voice acting, and in all of the videos I've seen it looks amazing but.... Will BW be able to keep the content flowing at a good pace with all the work required to voice everything. It seems like it will really slow the process down and be pretty expensive. This really seems to be the only thing I can think of that will hold this game back in any way.

Your thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    It may slow the process down a bit, but don't be surprised if they already have a team working on an expansion. I think a year is a good amount of time before releasing an expansion. And given that they already have a completed template to work with, it really only comes down to recording the voice acting, which they probably already did or are doing.

I'm sure they have plans for how they will handle expansions, and I don't think it will be an issue.

If I know Bioware correctly, they are already recording voices for further stuff. It doesnt take too much production time and its cheaper to have voice actors for longer peridos of time, than constantly calling them in every now and then

10+ Year Old Account
    it probably wont slow things down to much, the voice actors themselves are under contract for awhile.. and looking at ME2 and its DLC they pumped out those lil things fairly quickly it probably wont take to long till new content is being added in
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly a concern a lot of people have. They have a big budget though, and a huge company behind them, so I think it should be possible.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you all have a very good point. I just hope your right. I would hate to see this game fail because of one of the most impressive things i've ever seen in a mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what Ive read they have looong contracts with their actors. Just love the male SI actor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I061juaAxpQ was leaked by DE. The accent kinda skews it tho
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be funny when in the middle of gameplay you go from sounding like a nerdy white guy to a big hulking black guy because somone got replaced..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbred View Post
    Its gonna be funny when in the middle of gameplay you go from sounding like a nerdy white guy to a big hulking black guy because somone got replaced..
    Hehe, reminds me of the beggars in oblivion, sounding all old and sick sometimes, and young the moment after
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    probably wont be something that drastic, there going to try and get people that sound like the last voice actor if they lose them, dono what all he plays but they are bringing in Tom Kane, more commonly know as Yoda

and more often as Magneto also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Kane

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 11:19 AM ----------

ok not yoda from the actual movie movies.. hes more of the 3D cartnoonnetwork animated starwars and the Video Game Yodas

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 11:21 AM ----------

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320395/fullcredits#cast

if you want to see a large list

Generally vo's are done many months in advanced of actual finished product. So I guess it's going to be something like that.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    From what Ive read they have looong contracts with their actors. Just love the male SI actor was leaked by DE. The accent kinda skews it tho
    The male SIs actors voice does not go with a large bulky character.

I would tell everyone to listen to the voice of their toon when they create it. I made a huge bulked out SI and had to change it due to the voice not matching the toon in my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post

I would tell everyone to listen to the voice of their toon when they create it. I made a huge bulked out SI and had to change it due to the voice not matching the toon in my head.
    aww dont want to play someone like mike tyson? sorry just kidding X3

10+ Year Old Account
    aww dont want to play someone like mike tyson?
    Or Gilbert Gottfried... Just imagine listening to that all night!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbred View Post
    Or Gilbert Gottfried... Just imagine listening to that all night!!
    i could.. and id find it funny as fuck personally XD.. the Farce of the Penguins parody was funny " I JUST FROZE MY NUTS OFF"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With a launch this big you can bet Bioware has the first few content patches mapped out as far as story goes and the VO acting was done at the same time as the stuff done at release. I'm also pretty sure that they already have a team working on the first expansion at this point, probably mostly writers, artists and technical directors as their is very little programming done in the initial phases of development.

It will probably be handled in a similar way prime-time TV series are: the next season, or in an mmo's case content patch/expansion, is filmed/voice overed during the season that is currently airing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post

U talking about beta m8? You cant really tell from that vid I posted what the voice is going to be like ingame, it has a certain evilness to it if u ignore all the lolling hes doing.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

10+ Year Old Account
    With the way game companies work now at days, they have probably already began work on the next expansion. A lot of times they will even cut out portions to release with an expansion instead of launch simply to get a lead time in our high demand society.

I still give credit to Blizz on their philosophy that things get released when they are done. Even though they don't actually follow it, the philosophy is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still give credit to Blizz on their philosophy that things get released when they are done. Even though they don't actually follow it, the philosophy is good
    I actually think blizz does a good job with it on new patches(excluding 4.2 >_>).

But, all in all, you all have the same idea when it comes to VO. I'm not going to worry about it and let it hold me back.