15+ Year Old Account

Best BG leveling spec?

I'm inclined to play BM just because if I'm playing a pet class, I want a powerful pet. However, I will be leveling primarily through BG's. Thanks.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

I honestly found MM/SV to be the most fun. Having silencing shot is nice for casters in low brackets while explosive shot more or less will 1 shot people, assuming you got decent gear.

Hunters are the kings of low bracket bgs, enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, is any particular pet better for BG's? or is any fine?
    my SWTOR referal link:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Also, is any particular pet better for BG's? or is any fine?
    I prefer the Crab, as it can root, intervene, charge, and give you the Roar of Sacrifice buff.

Also, inb4 Sporebat. There, I said it!
    Hi

Crab or spider for the root ability. You can keep a cat available and use the agility buff which lasts for 1 minute, swap out to the crab and use it, the agility buff will still persist for 1 minute even though you summoned the crab/spider.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh thats cool.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    I'm inclined to play BM just because if I'm playing a pet class, I want a powerful pet. However, I will be leveling primarily through BG's. Thanks.
    BM is the weakest PVP leveling spec. Actually, it's simply the weakest leveling spec in general. SV and MM are both extremely strong at lower levels. SV has a slight edge in PVP early on. MM eventually becomes the dominant PVP spec when you get access to rapid recuperation. Rolling killing blows in larger scraps gives you a near infinite source of focus. A MM hunter that's good at domino KB play can carry BG groups.
    -- 14 hunters at 85 -- 15th is at 83

I need a new hobby.

crab or spider yes start with sv until 50ish then switch to mm

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Survival is by far the best pvp spec until you can get chimaera shot. Explosive shot does ridiculous damage at lower levels. Spiders are probably the most useful pet in battlegrounds, their root is more usable than crabs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the help.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I prefer the Crab, as it can root, intervene, charge, and give you the Roar of Sacrifice buff.

Also, inb4 Sporebat. There, I said it!
    Sporebat is #1 for pvp, pve and anal destruction.

I would go Survival while you are in the early levels ;P Explosive Shot ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Fetacheese View Post
    Survival is by far the best pvp spec until you can get chimaera shot. Explosive shot does ridiculous damage at lower levels. Spiders are probably the most useful pet in battlegrounds, their root is more usable than crabs.
    I went with MM. 1 shotting most toons with a combination of Rapid Killing and Careful Aim + Aimed Shot.

MM for the fast focus on kill steals Readiness also FTW

I'm pretty sure he said leveling spec, so I'd go SV for the first ~40 levels, then MM till about 70, then BM till 85.

Explosive Shot is a facemelter in low pvp. literally.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he said leveling spec, so I'd go SV for the first ~40 levels, then MM till about 70, then BM till 85.

Explosive Shot is a facemelter in low pvp. literally.
    BM might be decent from 80 on, but it's nowhere close to MM in the 70-74 bracket. In the 75-79 bracket both SV and BM are light years behind MM. This goes even more for someone that goes to the extent of getting full cata gear in the latter bracket. At that point Chimera becomes a one shot nuke. Only equally geared twinks have a hope of staying alive through the initial burst. Mix that with rapid recup/rapid killing and you can literally take on entire teams. Domino KB play makes MM extremely strong with leveling in BGs. It is why experienced hunter levelers recommend going MM when you get access to rapid recup. And domino KB play peaks in those two brackets. Putting power into your pet is a weakness in that bracket, since your opponent often dies far too quickly. An MM hunter will have already dealt with most opponents before a BM hunters pet even reaches the target.

80+ I can't comment on, since I've never bothered with it. My guild isn't max level yet, so the quest XP contribution in that range is far too valuable to pass up. It's the only BG bracket I don't PVP in when leveling my latest hunter.

To the original poster: Don't make the mistake too many people make. Quest/dungeon at 75-76. Don't queue for PVP until you get access to Cata gear at 77. It's better to even wait until 78 when you can fully Cata gear. If you queue before that...you run the very high chance of getting one shot repeatedly. Or at least wait until I'm working on my next hunter so I have another target
    -- 14 hunters at 85 -- 15th is at 83

I need a new hobby.

spider is newbie pet imo. if you wanna be pro and you care about having 0 deaths, get a monkey. when you get caught in a stun or opened up on by a rogue, spider web won't do jack to stop someone from blowing you up, but monkey poop will. very easy to cc chain, also got a 20 yard range, ~1 sec cast.

edit: i played survival from 10-50 and then took turns between surv and mm, then later went full mm. key differences to me are silencing shot for mm and entrapment, lock n load for surv. hard to give any of em up.
    Last edited by Sandoggg; 2011-11-07 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    As someone mentioned above me, we are the Kings of the lower brackets... I liked playing with BM in Bg's, great fun and for a pet, crab/cat/spider are my favorites.