10+ Year Old Account

[Video] Where can I get Copacabana [DVD] [1982]?

Hi guys,

I came here before and you guys were great in helping me get what I needed, I'm hoping you can do again.

I'm looking for a DVD Region 2 (UK & Europe) for my girlfriends mum,
    It's the 1982 version of Copacabana on DVD, all the usual searches on Amazon, Play, HMV, Ebay etc.. have turned up empty or only with the 1947 version.

I Live in England, and have no problem paying for shipping (given it's a reasonable price) or buying online. Would be advantageous if it arrives before Christmas though... (kinda hard to wrap a present you don't have yet)

This movie?

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808414631/info

That link is for region 1 sales though. (sorry)

I had the same problem getting older movies I liked. Back in the 80's they were common on cable / tv, but then many years later they are only available in certain regions & nobody remembers them anyways.

I read that DVD-ROM drives will play movies, region independent, though I can't confirm it. Supposedly it's just household DVD standalone players that check region codes. No guarantees though.

It might be one of those cases where you wait for the movie to finally come to your area ... or ...

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the one yes.
    And it would need to be played in a DVD player, however It is unknown as to weather the DVD Player in question is multi-region or not, so I'm assuming not. (Bit stupid this whole region thing if you ask me... anyone who really wants to can just download a digital version they can play in any player region free.)

15+ Year Old Account
    There are codes you can put into most DVD players to make them region free.

Check this list for yours. There are 6500 models listed
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

The whole region thing is a bunch of BS, if you ask a person (conspiratist) like me. It's mainly designed to price fix movies across regions.

It only benefits the movie industry, while inconveniencing the general consumer population. There are countries that don't have such restrictions and .. Grrr.....

I could recommend other tactics to buy your Region 1 disk and make the movie viewable, but they may be against copyright laws, and I don't wan't to get MMO-Champion in trouble. I could only recommend you explore around - it's going to involve significant time. With computers, there is always a way. I went through what you are going through /wink.

edit
    ps I'm not referring to piracy. Good luck!

side note:
    Is there even a copyright issue if you play a region Y in a region X country? I've yet to hear a case for or against .. anyone else?
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-05 at 12:56 AM. Reason: added "person"

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out she does have a multi-region DVD Player, so doesn't matter what region the DVD is.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    side note:
    Is there even a copyright issue if you play a region Y in a region X country? I've yet to hear a case for or against .. anyone else?
    None that I'm aware of... otherwise Region Free DVD players wouldn't exist. Just didn't know if she had one before.