(SLI) 2 x GTX 560

Chassis: Cooler Master Storm Sniper

RAM: 8 GB VENGEANCE/HYPERX 1866 Mhz

harddrive: Samsung/Seagate 500 GB, 7200 rpm

motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65

psu: Corsair TX 850 W PSU

cpu: Intel i7-2600
    4 x 3.40Ghz (3.80Ghz Turbo!), 8 MB L2.

the price is 1.665 us dollars or 1.222 euro.. is this worth the money?
    Last edited by Hb; 2011-11-02 at 07:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add psu

Thats overkill, i get 60fps in orgrimmar with a i7 2400 6 gig ram and a single nvidia 470 with every graphics option maxed out, i use an intel ssd though, that is better than having higher specs in other parts. I have never noticed a fall in fps unless i open two accounts each at maxed graphics and both standing in orgrimmar, and even then the fps is just "noticeable" not unplayable.
    Last edited by exdeath202; 2011-11-02 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    probably 100+ fps, if your are only planning to play wow with it you won't need such a strong computer

It will run WoW fine, but there's some really dumb parts choices in that setup wasting a lot of money. i7-2600 does nothing for gaming, 2500 would be enough. And since it's not K model it can't be overclocked. Also better get single more powerful cards than two weak ones and so on.

Meaning you can get better for your money, much better. It's not bad, just smells like the store is trying to get rid of parts that otherwise are unsellable.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    Thats overkill, i get 60fps in orgrimmar with a i7 2400 6 gig ram and a single nvidia 470, i use an intel ssd though, that is better than having higher specs in other parts
    Does an SSD improve your FPS? Didn't knew that.

Deleted
    Thats overkill, i get 60fps in orgrimmar with a i7 2400 6 gig ram and a single nvidia 470, i use an intel ssd though, that is better than having higher specs in other parts
    SSD has no effect on FPS at all.

Im also planning to play BF3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by esnar View Post
    Does an SSD improve your FPS? Didn't knew that.
    No, not in the slightest. Just improves load times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Im also planning to play BF3
    Ye for BF3 it would be a good PC, but as mentioned before, this setup is not optimal, and you can get a better pc for less money.

okay thanks for replies so far.

I dont got the skills to build my own computer.. not yet. And I dont dare to do it with a total new pc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esnar View Post
    probably 100+ fps, if your are only planning to play wow with it you won't need such a strong computer
    In a 25-man raid? Hardly. Raiding is highly CPU bound. At full-max settings, that setup would probably maintain a 40fps minimum, outside of insane AE situations (Onyxia whelps, pre-Sindragosa trash, etc).

This isn't saying it's a bad setup. Maintaining 40fps as a minimum is good in a 25-man raid, and relatively tough to do. That said, I think $1600US is way overpriced.

Deleted
    Thats overkill, i get 60fps in orgrimmar with a i7 2400 6 gig ram and a single nvidia 470 with every graphics option maxed out
    No you don't.

Is it overpriced if you are considering I would build the PC my self?

Because I do not have the skills to build my own computer. PSU is really a challenge to me.

I just want a good computer that can play new games well, such as Battlefield 3. And then I wouldnt mind this PC to stay alive for more than 3 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Is it overpriced if you are considering I would build the PC my self?

Because I do not have the skills to build my own computer. PSU is really a challenge to me.

I just want a good computer that can play new games well, such as Battlefield 3. And then I wouldnt mind this PC to stay alive for more than 3 years.
    Now that I look at it, it looks more like you took the euro price and used a currency converter to hit US dollars. For $1600US, it's overpriced. For 1200 euros, not so much. Considering that the price of hardware is typically 1-to-1 from US dollars to euros, even with the actual currency value difference, a 1200 euro computer would typically cost $1200US also. It's strange and not always 100% accurate, but it's pretty close, so far as I've seen.

So, with that said, if you're looking at it for 1200-ish euros and want to completely eliminate the self-built option, then I don't think it's too bad of an option. Of course, with my complete lack of knowledge of european prices, I can't say 100% either way.

Thanks for answers.. . used my calculator for each of the components, and the price is not that overpriced. im currently getting 8500 DDK, and thats not counting the RAMs. And the total price is 9725 DDK, and thats with special shipping.

(SLI) 2 x GTX 560
    Good.

Chassis: Cooler Master Storm Sniper
    Surprisingly large for a "Mid Tower", but the cable management capabilities look like crap.
    I'd go with a HAF 932(same price, more room/management) or Corsair 800D(little more, if you are going for the clean look)

RAM: 8 GB VENGEANCE/HYPERX 1866 Mhz
    Waste of money, 8GB Ripjaw 1600 will suite you fine.

harddrive: Samsung/Seagate 500 GB, 7200 rpm
    Samsung, and for that price you could should put a 40GB SSD as a boot drive at least.

Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65
    Would go with...
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68M-D2H or ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.1)
    ...instead.

psu: Corsair TX 850 W PSU
    Go with the AX850 instead, for the little extra you'll spend you'll save in power bills on the first year~.
    Not to mention have a better PSU that is also modular.

cpu: Intel i7-2600
    Get the Intel i7-2600k.
    Allows you to overclock later.

Building yourself this shouldn't be more then $1100-1200 Euros with the SSD and better parts.

typically 1-to-1 from US dollars to euros
    No it's not, as I found out earlier today. The i7-2600k is £235~(inc VAC) while it is $310, similar for the rest of the parts.

i don't wanna interrupt you guys but a single 560Ti rarely passes 50% load on rhyolith pull, so having two of these only for wow is a pure waste of money.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    No, not in the slightest. Just improves load times.
    Not my experience.....

My FPS went to about the double after getting a Kingston HyperX SSD, over an 7200 RMP HHD. I have 70% faster loading times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious View Post
    Not my experience.....
    My FPS went to about the double after getting a Kingston HyperX SSD, over an 7200 RMP HHD. I have 70% faster loading times.
    SSD's shouldn't have anything to do with your FPS with the small exception of being able to load textures into the Bus faster on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by anb View Post
    i don't wanna interrupt you guys but a single 560Ti rarely passes 50% load on rhyolith pull, so having two of these only for wow is a pure waste of money.
    That has been pointed out many times... But... those are 560, not 560ti, and OP also said he's gonna play BF3 too, not just WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious View Post
    Not my experience.....

My FPS went to about the double after getting a Kingston HyperX SSD, over an 7200 RMP HHD.
    It's not possible, something else changed as well... Maybe broken WoW cache that got fixed when you swapped disc or something.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.