Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Dang it Bioware..

now I will have to pay $30 dollars a month on online games because of how awesome SW:TOR looks anyone else going to be dual subbed to WoW and SW:ToR?
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

I personally will not be dual subbed due to investing all my time into my TOR guild. However I know a large number of folks who are still going to raid with their guilds and play TOR when not raiding.

I am happy to see people endorsing the idea that the games can co-exist together and be played at the same time. That is a good sign IMO.

Nah...I quit WoW shortly after I finished ICC in WOTLK. Just nothing there except a large grindfest and WOTLK was bad enough. Am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on SWTOR so that I can live and experience an amazing story. WoW had a rich story for awhile and then lost it with the Draenei and then all the goofy stuff in WOTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Positive post for a change!

I won't be subbing to both. WoW has run its 7 year course for me and I've been waiting for TOR for a LONG time. I also know that I'm not able to play 2 different MMOs simultaneously since I always give games my full attention.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If wow was still fun for me I would still play it with TOR. I also have nothing against wow except I've played it since vanilla and it's just time to move on for me.
    Also glad that people can play more than one game at a time

I won't be dual subbed either.

It's not that I don't like WoW, I do. (Though Mists of Pandaria looks terrible to me, I'll reserve judgement until it's out.)

It's that I simply don't have time for two different MMO's. With that said, I have to pick the one I know I'll enjoy more at the moment, and right now, and for the considerable future, that's ToR.

With that said however, I think that's what GW2 has going for it. It's got the magic of no subscription. Whether they can make that model work or not remains to be seen (It worked about 60% effectively in GW1, but I think GW1's problems were the game, not the model.) So I can easily pick up GW2 for 60 bucks and play that on the side without having to worry.

If and/or when I get a steady job, I'd like to be paying for both SWTOR and GW2. However, majority of my time will be poured into SWTOR
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    <Snip> NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-02 at 10:16 PM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

If I still enjoyed WoW, I'd still be subbed to it. I'd have no problem paying $30 a month to play both. But the fact is, I find WoW boring now, and I need a fresh start with a new game. I've always really loved Bioware games, so ToR seems like it will be the perfect fit for me. Right now it looks likely that I will play ToR, with GW2 on the side.

Only have enough time for one MMO here.

Deleted
    Quit WoW myself, I think TOR and GW2 should suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    My current timecard ends Dec. 24th so I will at least be taking a much needed break. I can't multi task to much at once. I'm still playing FFXIV and New Vegas while trying to keep up with a job and a tight 3 day a week raiding schedule on wow. Something has to go to make room for SW. I still plan on keeping in touch with my guild(I own the vent server and plan to let them use it while I also use it for SW). So I know I won't lose contact with a lot my WoW friends.

Dec. 24th will be a hard day for me but.... It must be done!

*/cuts cord*

I'll be dual subbed. (Tri-subbed for a week or so until Rift runs out at the end of the year). I don't think it'll last for too long, but I'm having fun raiding in cataclysm.

Ganimah , I dont think you understand the meaning of grindfest. You had a choice to go raid weekly as we all do in any mmo that we play. A grindfest is more along the lines of while you are leveling where you HAVE to kill things constantly b/c its the only way to get xp. Kinda like how Aion used to be or the majority of Korean mmos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I wont sub to SW:tor, I was a little interested at first and some friends who are going to start with it. But I just lost interest in it, not really sure why honestly.
    Probably because I am not a huge SW fan :P

It's a posibillity that I will be running dual sub for another MMO that's supposedly is coming early next year (the secret world), just waiting for beta to start.

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed View Post
    now I will have to pay $30 dollars a month on online games because of how awesome SW:TOR looks anyone else going to be dual subbed to WoW and SW:ToR?
    Yep, I got my year of WoW time and can't wait for TOR
    I think im good to go for 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    not interested in SW: TOR seeing as horrible the last starwars game was. I'll check it out as I have a few sw fans and see if it is decent or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I personally will not be dual subbed due to investing all my time into my TOR guild. However I know a large number of folks who are still going to raid with their guilds and play TOR when not raiding.

I am happy to see people endorsing the idea that the games can co-exist together and be played at the same time. That is a good sign IMO.
    Yep that's me! Raid in WoW until DW is down, and all my other time will be in ToR.
    "Peace is a lie"

I'll be involved in TOR for quite awhile, my WoW subscription has already lapsed.

I't cool if people want to pay $30 a month for their entertainment, but I just couldn't find any enjoyment in Cataclysm. They game changed way too much for my tastes, and it is no longer the same WoW I fell in love with.

If MoP improves the game, then this could shift my opinion. I'm not entirely convinced it will though, since Blizzard is making a different kind of player happy, not the veterans (not me). I'm not bothered with the idea of Panda's much (class + new stuff is good), it's really going to come down to whether I like the gameplay or not. Vanilla / TBC had an awesome gameplay / game mechanics structure and WotLK had a killer story.

Cataclysm was an abomination to every game value I look for, and lacked anything truly "new" .. just less of the same we used to have already
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-02 at 08:00 PM.

I'll be dividing time between SWTOR and possibly GW2..with that equation heavily weighted toward SWTOR.

WoW had it's run, but these days Blizzard is like an artist that doesn't know when to quit painting so it ends up just one big blob of hot mess.