Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volas View Post
    WoW is a hobby, not a life commitment.
    A girlfriend isn't a life commitment either. It's just another distraction apart from your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Yeah it has seven days. And more than half of them, he's choosing to hang with his guildies and raid pixels rather than spend time with his g/f.

"Madly in love" indeed.
    Well nothing wrong with having some fun while it lasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use the old "bowling team" analogy.

Also, you can get your GF to try playing WoW. That's what a guildie of mine did she liked it enough to play on a fairly casual basis, and she'll even heal for us when ever we got content on farm.
    Last edited by I stand in fire; 2011-11-03 at 12:36 AM.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    As long as he makes money he can do whatever the hell he wants with his free time. And I actually didn't realize a week had just 4 days.
    I'm pretty sure he isn't over 18 mate. Just look at the 1st post.

Deleted
    An awful lot of people are bashing me down. It's alright, though! Also, thanks for the positive replies
    I'll do what I had in mind.. I'll continue raiding and just try to suggest being with her at every other night I don't have a raid, and if it doesn't work out, I'll cut back on raiding.

A girlfriend isn't a life commitment either. It's just another distraction apart from your job.
    You should tell her that.

"Sorry honey, you're just another distraction apart from my job anyway. I've chosen to distract myself with fantasy dragon pixels instead. Love you!"

Let us know how it goes.

Deleted
    A girlfriend in time can turn into a life commitment if things go well, choking your relationship with mandatory raid times you cant meet her during will never lead to a long relationship.

"Sorry honey, you're just another distraction apart from my job anyway. I've chosen to distract myself with fantasy dragon pixels instead. Love you!"
    Laughed out loud hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    you need to understand that my computer and i have a relationship that was here before i met you, and will be here long after we break up. if i could have sex with the CD-rom drive, you would be irrelevant. just so we're clear on this
    That's too epic not to quote
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_One View Post
    I'm pretty sure he isn't over 18 mate. Just look at the 1st post.
    I don't know if that's the case - if it is there are even less reasons to not spend your time with the things you like to do.
    You should tell her that.

Let us know how it goes.
    I did multiple times - it went better than expected or just as bad as you would expect. I am still living and doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Volas View Post
    A girlfriend in time can turn into a life commitment if things go well, choking your relationship with mandatory raid times you cant meet her during will never lead to a long relationship.
    Well if that is something you have in mind while planning out your life it is nice but not everyone cares that much.

Yeah it has seven days. And more than half of them, he's choosing to hang with his guildies and raid pixels rather than spend time with his g/f.

"Madly in love" indeed.
    For 4 hours out of each day; that leaves 20 hours to spend time with her per-day. Unless she's excessively needy there's no way someone would want to spend literally every waking moment with that one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokkeren View Post
    An awful lot of people are bashing me down. It's alright, though! Also, thanks for the positive replies
    I'll do what I had in mind.. I'll continue raiding and just try to suggest being with her at every other night I don't have a raid, and if it doesn't work out, I'll cut back on raiding.
    Again mate, the decision is up to you. Just follow your heart. Or your raid leader. w/e

Can anyone tell me what's the different betweem playing video game and going to bar and drinking? because I see many people said that playing video game=no life.

Deleted
    4 nights is too much. Whether you like it or not, but you will not be able to maintain a healthy relationship with a woman if you raid 4 nights a week, so you'll have to cut back on that.

About making her understand, try to explain it to her as if you were mentioning a sport. If you would have soccer practice or whatever a few times a week she wouldn't think it to be strange. I can't really remember how and when I told my girlfriend about my raiding habits but she's all cool about it. Heck, she even switched around her usual schedule so that her sport and social stuff are on the same days as my raids.

Just don't make a big deal out of it. After all, it's just you having a night with 'the guys'. Any woman in a proper relationship would realize that her boyfriend would want to spend some time with his friends aswell.

Oh, and we've been living together for quite a while and I still maintain my usual raiding schedule (2 nights a week). All's peachy
    Last edited by mmoc749d79a65c; 2011-11-03 at 12:38 AM.

Be flexible and adaptable too. If she wants to see a show or go somewhere on a certain night, but it's a raid night, she should take priority. If she respects your hobbies, she'll understand some nights you don't want to do anything. That's perfectly cool, just make her the priority and be easy going in your weekly planning.

Dude, I'm telling you now! Girls do NOT like it when you spend MORE THEN HALF of your week nights killing pixel dragons. It's a REALLY bad idea if you do, just cut it down to two nights, compromise! (Coming from a person with personal experience in this!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Stop playing WoW and spend more time with her... It's a game.
    On one hand, I agree with you, on the other hand, he should not have to give up his hobby.

A true girlfriend would be understanding, IF the OP spends time with her. A man reserves his right to his hobbies and his "me time" though.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2011-11-03 at 12:36 AM. Reason: sometimes one word can be all the difference.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Can anyone tell me what's the different betweem playing video and going to bar and drinking? because I see many people said that playing video game=no life.
    If he takes his girlfriend out for a drink or some food, he's interacting with real life people in a physical way. Anyone who says talking over Ventrilo gives the same effect is delusional.

15+ Year Old Account
    forget for a second the fact that most people look down upon those that play video games as a hobby, you are in a relationship with a girl, and the vast majority of girls want you to spend any time you have with them already. now throw on top of that you are "playing a game" instead of doing whatever it is she wants....its tough shitting.

now, if she is a girl that isnt that needy, and she understands that hobbies and at least some time spent apart from each other is actually healthy for a relationship, then you have yourself a nice lady.

imo.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Well nothing wrong with having some fun while it lasts.
    Actually I agree. I say take a couple weeks off WoW prior to 4.3 and raid your GF. By the time 4.3 drops, chances are you'll be broken up anyway, and then you can get back to raiding! *wizard*

I don't know if that's the case - if it is there are even less reasons to not spend your time with the things you like to do.

I did multiple times - it went better than expected or just as bad as you would expect. I am still living and doing fine.
    Well, I'm not sure, "I'm still alive" is really a justification. By the way: Are you a psychopath?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    For 4 hours out of each day; that leaves 20 hours to spend time with her per-day. Unless she's excessively needy there's no way someone would want to spend literally every waking moment with that one person.
    Unless there's like, you know, jobs and sleep involved. Then that leaves, oh, about four hours outside of his raiding? And I'm sure all he does in WoW is four hours of raiding and nothing else. Yep.

Dude, like.. there's so many fish in the sea. Conquering teh pixels with strangers are what's important.

Deleted
    I did say I would be more than willing to only raid 2 days a week. I'd prefer that, infact, but my guild is on a 4 day basis now. I COULD change to a more casual guild, but these people are important for me.. If anything, I'd take social rank in the guild instead.