Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokkeren View Post

So, I recently got myself a girlfriend, and we're pretty madly in love yadda yadda.
    The 2 weeks we've been together now,
    Anybody find this concerning? It leads me to believe you are either lying, a troll, or very young. If you are young and don't have a job or many responsibilities then you should be able to balance time for both. Women like it when you are honest with them and can hold things against you if you beat around the bush. Tell her how it is and how you plan to make time for your gamer friends and her. Chocolate and roses are always your friend as well.
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    when she calls you during a raid,

voilently scream IM FUCKING RAIDING into the phone and then slam it on the desk without hanging up.

Deleted
    Ask for 7 your get 4

Btw if a raid lasts 4hs and you raid 4 nights a week thats. 16hs a week

Thats 64hs a month and 768hours a year less your be spending with your miss.

And also 2 weeks and your madly in love? WTF

Deleted
    if you chose raiding over your GF then your too much of an addict to have a GF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    no,if you like WoW then keep playing it,if she cares about u then she will understand
    That's pathetic... There are more important things in life than spending 3 hours a day 4 times a week slaying dragons. I don't know how messed up your life is, but i'd rather spend that time with someone who cares about me rather than 9/24 people who have nothing going on in their lives.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokkeren View Post
    I don't think she would think that. I spend a lot of time on fitness and am very fit. It's just.. Yeah, not sure if she would understand :P

I used to use a lot of hours a day gaming before I started studying again, but now I don't mind not gaming at all all day, since I can spend time with her. My guild does understand it if I have an appointment (to a certain degree) since we're just farming 7/7 hc firelands at the moment, but once a new raid comes out, I have to have a 100% attendance raid since we want to maintain our server 1st rank. If I do something with my gf, it can easily drag into the evening, which will derp with my raiding.. ugh
    4 days a week is quite a lot of time, I mean I'm in the spot of progression also, and to be honest this game is awesome and all, but you shouldn't let it interfere with your out of game life that much. 4 nights is a lot of time, no girl (exception: WoW girls) is going to like that, especially when 4.3 hits, believe it or not, spending time with 9/24 random people across the internet does NOT look that good for girls if your choosing that over spending time with them.

My suggestion is, take a break, see how much you like her (because be honest dude, if you've known her for 2 weeks I doubt your THAT much in love), if you really like her, I'd suggest possibly either shortening your days, or going cold turkey.

Real life > WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's pathetic... There are more important things in life than spending 3 hours a day 4 times a week slaying dragons. I don't know how messed up your life is, but i'd rather spend that time with someone who cares about me rather than 9/24 people who have nothing going on in their lives.
    WHAT THIS GUY SAID!

Involve her in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    She doesn't have to understand you have raid nights.

She just needs to know you have personal nights upon wich you can do w/e you want by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i've been a gamer for a very long time, and had many relationships over the years, and here is my advice based on my experience:
    1. be up front and honest about your gaming from the very start - don't hide it or try to not do it at first, otherwise it will just be a bigger problem later.
    2. if she gets weird on you about it, make it clear that your gaming is no different from guys who watch football, or have poker nights, or whatever other thing you can think of that people do... people have hobbies that eat up their time, just because yours is gaming doesn't make it any less valid.

This. Just be up front about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Weeks and you're madly in love? Just wait until the honeymoon period is over, she'll want to spend time with her other friends and that will give you the chance to raid. Relationships don't stay in the "sitting staring love struck into each others eyes" for to long.
    I agree with this, same thing happened to me. First few weeks you spent a lot of time together and I missed a few raids but after that I got to raid, I always put her first if she wanted to do something, but if she was working or was doing something else I raided. I raid roughly 2-3 nights a week and I've had 2 girlfriends in the last 2 years and they are both okay with it.

NEVER EVER EVER put gaming at first place. NEVER! Don't do something you're going to regret when you're older.

I'm in a long relationship and when I'm with my GF, I don't play ANY games (except wii with her).

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Make her get under your desk and please you while you raid, worked for me.
    this is an...odd post

Go spend time with your girlfriend, you WoW addict. Are you serious? You'd rather raid 4 nights a week than spend time with the person you love? Break up with her because she deserves better.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    "How do I make my GF understand I have raid nights?"

With great difficulty. Unless she's a gamer, she will never understand it. The best you can hope for, is for her to at least 'accept' it.

I'm in a similar boat, except I only raid one night a week. While my GF still doesn't like it, she at least accepts it. 4 nights may be too excessive and you may find you'll have to compromise or face choosing between the two.

And to those who are saying "Quit WoW or break up with her". You've obviously never been in a real relationship before. No one can be expected to drop everything they enjoy doing to dedicate themselves to another person. It doesn't work. Before you know it, she's walking all over you. She does whatever she wants, and you're expected to follow.

It's called finding balance. I'm quite happy at the moment, as I work full-time, raid 1 night a week with my casual guild (as well as doing whatever I want in WoW for a few hours over the weekend) AND i've kept my girlfriend happy for 3 years now.
    Last edited by TranceZiggy; 2011-11-02 at 11:49 PM.

Deleted
    You don't. You quit raiding and love the shit out of her, and appreciate her untill she feel like the most loved girlfriend ever. Fights with the gf because of World of Warcraft? Sounds like crap.

Which do you think you'll likely have fonder memories of later in your life, spending time with your girlfriend whom you love, or raiding in wow?
    Quote from Sick4Paradise -

Wow, they should give you Ghostcrawler's job. Wait, no that's a bad idea, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Deleted
    Guys, trust me, as I said.. I'm not addicted to gaming anymore as I was a year ago. I've become much more social, but the guild I raid with have become my friends. I don't want to quit raiding, but if I can't be in that guild, I'll likely quit WoW. It, however, requires me to raid those 4 days a week, but I would be MORE than fine just raiding 2-3.
    It's really much more complicated than just saying "it's a game, drop it" since those I raid with have become personal for me now

Sex >>>> video game every time.

Quote Originally Posted by almalexia View Post
    4 nights of raiding means 3 nights with your gf. do you see the inherent problem here? hint: check your priorities. its not that you are scheduling time around a game, its that you are putting your girlfriend second to a game. your girlfriend gets less time than WoW? just, no.
    I totally agree with this person, and its not that the girl is only getting 3 nights a week, its that she is getting the 3 'leftover' nights where you havnt already made plans (though I suspect real life friends and family already have you dibbed on some of those nights). I think cutting back a little will be the key otherwise she will really feel like your second priority.

I also assume you guys might be studying or working during the day? and nights as well maybe? which would further reduce the ammount of time she can be slotted in for some couples activities.

Deleted
    Tell her shes cockblocking you from the internet.

Jokes aside, because that will get you a slap. You really shouldnt. WoW is a game and whilst I understand you might enjoy it, you also have to realise that unless she's a gamer making every raid night just isn't going to be an option. Gl bro <3

Edit: Wait, semi-harcore is equal to 4 nights a week? Is there even that much content to raid if you're semi harcore. You OP have just confused me as to why you dedicate FOUR nights a week to a game when you have a girlfriend :S Just from personal experience, I could never bring myself to do that.
    Last edited by mmoca95867a668; 2011-11-02 at 11:47 PM.