Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Thermaltake A60, Motherboard

I order this Case and I notice that it had a USB 3.0 at front, but it has a long cable that extends all the way to the back,
    that can go out thru the cooling holes. Does that mean I can connect that cable to a USB 3.0 in the rear?

Also it has an eSata at front as well.

Which of this board have those functions if not can I add it later on to the motherboard? (PCIE, etc..)

This are the Motherboards that I'm considering to buy:

ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 (Because of the price of this one I would have to buy the i3 2100 instead of the i5 2500K)

Thanks a bunch!

Deleted
    I think only the extreme 4 has a usb 3.0 header. Otherwise you have to wire that cable to the back to put it in the usb 3.0 ports in the back. Meaning you lose the 2 usb 3.0 ports of the back.

I would also take a look at the p67 extreme 4 gen3. It should be in the middle of the extreme 3 and 4 (price wise). But it has the same stuff as the z68 extreme 4. So if you arent gonna use the functions of the z68 chipset, id get the p67 one.

Deleted
    What he said above me, also its not worth it downgrading processor like that!

Deleted
    Lol, i dont mean to laugh but I seriously suggest sticking to the I5, its a quad core making it extremely better at handling tasks than the I3 :P

zeara has said everything you need to know

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think only the extreme 4 has a usb 3.0 header. Otherwise you have to wire that cable to the back to put it in the usb 3.0 ports in the back. Meaning you lose the 2 usb 3.0 ports of the back.

I would also take a look at the p67 extreme 4 gen3. It should be in the middle of the extreme 3 and 4 (price wise). But it has the same stuff as the z68 extreme 4. So if you arent gonna use the functions of the z68 chipset, id get the p67 one.
    Thanks, I just wanted to know if I could wired back the USB 3.0 cable that comes with the Thermaltake A60. And yes, I will stay
    with the i5 2500k. I think I will go with ASRock Ex3 G3! since is only $125!