Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The everything. All of it.
    Ouuu eee uw ah ah ting tang wola wola bing bang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    What realm/server/continent will you be playing on sir? I hope something in the US? Let me know please so I can stay as far away from you as possible.
    Whatever west or central server they have, but cool, I didn't really like you either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Well, I didn't like it, mostly because of the horrible controls (e.g. no jumping, every single blade of grass is an insurmountable obstacle for you to get stuck on) and combat movement (e.g. executing a melee style forces you to remain still, allowing your target to just run away).

I personaly tried GW before WoW. Only thing I liked was different body types for each class.
    Everything else, was for me personaly total dislike, how you reached level 20 and it was max, but still you were gathering experience for nothing. Quest system was for me suffering. And closed world, this realy killed it for me. MMO where you see other people just in cities. game literaly feels out of cities like a ghosttown.
    Then I tried WoW, wasn't best graphics I have ever seen, but it was fun. With 70 levels (I'm BC kid) you realy had a feeling of an epic journey. Even though quests were still "kill 10 rats", you had a feeling of fast progress.Even if some zones were either creepy, desert but they were part of your progress and most of them were easy on the eyes.

What I realy loved: No subscription fee.
    Last edited by Astalnar; 2011-11-05 at 09:57 PM.

i loved the skill system in gw1 cuz of the the unlimited varieties. u could more or less build any crazy build u wanted and could be truly unique.
    i loved the pvp system where u could build any class with the right skills any time to form the team u wanted for pvp.
    i loved to create crazy pvp grp builds like IWAY or suicide necro death nova builds (for u who remembers).
    i just played the original never even bought any of the x-packs.

Tried GW a second time now that HoM came around but sadly I don't think I like it this time either. Mostly because you are forced into playing with heroes and when you are questing in areas there are just mobs everywhere, time consuming to just get one step forward. Bought the skill unlock packs since I was so frustrated of dying all the time, had to use henchment despite I had alot of heroes but with no skills available. I hope it gets more fun, right now I am doing factions to get some Kurzick rep for a skill but then I'm off to EotN to get those HoM activating things. This game is'nt for me at all so I'm probably out once I get my kitty reward from HoM done.

I just started out myself, and love it. Playing only Prophecies so far as I liked it the most.

What I like about it is that locations actually feel big, despite being instanced. Scouting feels like scouting, passing a mountain is a long thing with multiple stops, like it should be, the mountain range itself consists of lots of areas with caves, valleys, passages; the game world feels like a world. And the difficulty - you can't pull too many enemies - in WoW, for instance, a healer can pull 5-6 non-elite monsters of his level and successfully fend them off.

The music as well, it's Jeremy Soule after all.

The only thing that feels a bit underpar is the storyline. It's a bit erratic - at first we're defending Ascalon, which is logical, then we escape, and suddenly we forget all about that and are knighted in Kryta and the next thing you know we work for both the Shining Blade and the White Mantles(even though they are mortal enemies and I was knighted as a White Mantle, I think I might've missed something there).

But overall, I think, this is great to try before GW2.

P.S.: In my eyes not having to get a party from real people when I don't want to is a plus. I understand it's supposed to be an MMO, but I get so tired of humans sometimes.
    Last edited by Ionite; 2011-11-05 at 10:42 AM.

The pvp. I was a hardcore GvG'er till about halfway through factions and pretty much became a casual in nightfall when they destroyed GvG. But I still did gvg with my friends from the old days. And i stopped playing completely when they removed hero battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by himlaklar View Post
    Tried GW a second time now that HoM came around but sadly I don't think I like it this time either. Mostly because you are forced into playing with heroes and when you are questing in areas there are just mobs everywhere, time consuming to just get one step forward. Bought the skill unlock packs since I was so frustrated of dying all the time, had to use henchment despite I had alot of heroes but with no skills available. I hope it gets more fun, right now I am doing factions to get some Kurzick rep for a skill but then I'm off to EotN to get those HoM activating things. This game is'nt for me at all so I'm probably out once I get my kitty reward from HoM done.
    the best advice i can give you is this; get as many heroes as you can and go to this site to find the best builds for yourself and your heroes PvXwiki it rates the builds and tell you how you can acquire the skills. and no not worry if you cannot get ALL the elites since you are still playing through the campaign, just get the ones that you can. then use this site GW Wiki to help you navigate through the game. it gives you some very helpful walk-throughs and step by step instructions on how to complete content. once i had my heroes set up, the game exponentially increased in fun for me pvE wise but the pvp i felt was always fun. i actually pvped exclusively for my Kurzick and Luxon rep to get to rank 4 in each.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    no subscription fee <3

GW1 being essentially free to play was about 99% of the reason why I played it. Don't think I ever "loved" it, though. Not that GW1 wasn't a good, solid game. It didn't struggle to hold my interest long term though. Play for an hour or so, clear a map and load up another game. There wasn't a lot of depth to it's PVE and I am not a PVP person.

Great story line in old Tyria up to Nightfall/Eye of the North. Factions... eh.

Free to play and story are mostly why I enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    You realise the amount you pay for a WoW subscription generally = to the amount of money you pay for 2 new GW expacs a year roughly.
    I dont care, I still think its stupid to have to pay to play. The end.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    When GW1 was in its prime it released expansions a lot more. I was mainly talking about while the game had content. It had the main game, and 3 expansions within 2 years, each was around the same price as the original GW. so while the game was "CURRENT" It roughly cost the same.

but since it has had no new Expacs since 2007, i would stop counting it around there.
    Unless you're like me and bought the original GW when it first came out and then waited to get the trilogy of the expansion packs for 30 like it has been for awhile. Then I just bought 20.00 EotN. So yeah, definitely isn't the same cost.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 02:18 PM ----------

Also I like the art and the graphics better than WoW. Less cartoony. It just looks better, a bit more realistic. Even though I played Warcraft, I like the graphics and images from GW better.

Naked dance parties in the Guild Halls.... And I guess PvP was pretty okay