Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question i5 2500k Intel HD Graphics

I have been reading that the i5 2500k comes with a built in Graphic Card.

Does that mean I don't need a GPU?

Thanks!

Deleted
    wrong. you need a gpu. Long story short, get 560 ti. It's the best one for most reasonable price.

Deleted
    Ye it does, pretty sure you can run blu-ray of it and facebook games but i wouldn't recommend playing any real game on it like Wow, SC2 or any other.

You will have to get a H67 or a Z68 MoBo.

Think it's made for people that just want a strong CPU but don't need a dedicated GPU.
    Last edited by mmocad6adc97cd; 2011-11-03 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astraeusz View Post
    wrong. you need a gpu. Long story short, get 560 ti. It's the best one for most reasonable price.
    actually you are wrong. He needs dedicated GPU for gaming, yes but not overall.

As for the OP.
    Yes, i5-2500k comes with GPU on it, but its really not made for gaming and you wont get any reasonable fps in game like wow or anything new for that matter.
    Its enough to watching videos and some old games etc, but forget about it when it comes to newer games, you need dedicated GPU at that point.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily correct. If you get a H67 or Z68 board, you won't need a gpu. However, if you want to do any 3-d gaming whatsoever you'll need one.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    I have been reading that the i5 2500k comes with a built in Graphic Card.

Does that mean I don't need a GPU?
    It depends on what you intend to do with that PC, if it's just web browsing, watching movies, etc, you most likely won't need a GPU. However, if you plan on doing any gaming, then yes you would still want to get an actual GPU.

That's kind of an odd statement since you don't know why the OP is asking this, what their intentions are, and if they DO want a GPU, what the budget would be....

Deleted
    http://software.intel.com/en-us/arti...ssor-graphics/

Quick google search will tell that you are partly wrong, he will if he wants to game but no he can build a pc without.

If you plan on gaming I would buy an actual graphics card, if not you could get by easily with the HD 3000 if you get the H67/Z68 motherboard.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm building a gaming pc. But I will have all parts by this weekend and, for my GPU I will leave it for Black Friday or close to it,
    maybe I can get a sweet deal. ( Although I will probably end up with GTX 460) But I wanted to see if i could use my computer without
    GPU. (Youtube, Facebook, etc..) No gaming till I get my Discrete GPU!

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 08:07 PM ----------

I'm getting ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3!

Quote Originally Posted by Optochip View Post
    That's kind of an odd statement since you don't know why the OP is asking this, what their intentions are, and if they DO want a GPU, what the budget would be....
    As he is posting on a computer gaming forum I think it is fairly reasonable to assume the computer is going to be used primarily for gaming unless otherwise stated.

The integrated Graphics are good enough for video replay, anything needing to render 3d graphics (computer games basically) needs a proper graphics card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never pick a built in graphics card over an actual one.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    As he is posting on a computer gaming forum I think it is fairly reasonable to assume the computer is going to be used primarily for gaming unless otherwise stated.
    Not everyone that posts in a computer gaming forum wants to know about the capabilities of a computer in a gaming scenario, and you know what happens when you assume....
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard