Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Set 70 years after the first series, it follows Korra, the newest avatar, who has already learned fire, water and earth bending at the time of the start of the story. She goes to learn air bending from Aang and Katar's son. The main plot seems to involve an anti-bending rebel group that Korra must stop.

It seems to be a smaller story, taking place mostly in one city called Republic City that was created by Aang and Zuko as a place for all four nations. Biggest theme sounds likely to be the battle of the old ways, bending, against the newly emerging technical boom and lots of steampunk-like weapons and tools.

Not really. Aang's story was already told. I like that it gives a chance for a totally new story with a new character. One of the biggest themes of Avatar was the idea of growing up and taking responsibility for ones actions. Aang has already learned that lesson so any new story involving him would not be all that interesting from a character perspective.
    couldn't of said it any better

yep she seems to be the polar opposite of Aang

Deleted
    http://theavatarportal.org/ is a nice site to check about infos about Korra & Co. Including a Q&A, panels, arts, infos and videos.
    Last edited by mmoc9440e772b1; 2011-11-04 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    Ya I feel the same way but later is better then never i suppose.
    My point was more I'd rather they had waited until say, 6 months before release to tell us there was a new series coming out.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole idea kinda seemed off to me at first until I read the wiki (I responded before but had to revise it because apparently I misread like 3/4 of the entire damn entry) and was pretty amazed by how interesting the story looked from 70 years in the future. I find it very interesting about how the new Avatar's ability to control fire so well and how she seems to prefer fire bending. Aang's weakness/fear is her strength/passion, quite intriguing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Meh I still would've preferred a story based around Aang after he grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Meh I still would've preferred a story based around Aang after he grew up.
    It would be a very boring series hes a full powered avatar who can energy bend it would be like a wolf vs a kitten

Airbender was a great show, easily one of the best animated cartoons in a long time.
    When I first saw the trailer for Korra a few months back I was instantly excited.

Also cant wait to see the Last Airbender book 2

I loved the original series so if the makers put as much work into this series(which seems likely) then I will be very happy to watch this as well

It's not Anime just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    No one else disapointed? I liked the old series with Aang, i'm not keen on new main characters replacing old ones in anything.
    Aang will still be around. He'll just be making his appearances from the spirit world when he's helping Korra out with Avatar-related things, the same way Roku helped Aang in the first series.

Personally, I can't wait to see adult Aang teaching Korra how to be the Avatar.
    Last edited by Horrify; 2011-11-04 at 03:03 AM.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    It has strong anime influences and it is kind-of made in the anime style, albeit in the U.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    David Faustino told me "It's gonna be a good one." on Twitter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    It is as close to anime you can get without being anime. P.S. Anime is just the Japanese name for animation so technically, it is anime. To the Japanese people at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the series touches on what happens to Zuko's mom :/. DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGER!
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    I hope the series touches on what happens to Zuko's mom :/. DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGER!
    I seriously doubt it will. Its set 70 years in the future. Its very likely Zuko is dead. His mother definantly is.

It has some very large shoes to fill, I hope I wont expect too much and only end up disappointed.
    ps uncle is the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    omg is this for real? you better not be trollin, sir!!! D
    where have you been. it was announced over a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    That will most likely be dealt with in this:http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Promise,_Part_1
    It is going to be a 3 part comic series by Dark Horse that deals with what happened just after the war. Both the creators are involved with it so it is totally canonical and it will link the two series together. First issue to be released in January.