Poll: Left handed or right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    Sure enough, but I imagine he was referring to your common kitchen or butter knife, which shouldn't at all be affected by which hand you use.
    Granted, though I wouldn't be against carrying around a loaf of King's Hawaiian and slicing off pieces of it at work... But I digress.

Regarding official left/right handed official percentages, some countries/societies "don't have" left handed people. If this is not taken into account for the total than it'd be slightly higher than reported.

"Don't have" being a rather vague term ranging from not bothering to census for it to it having social stigma and being trained away from it.
    http://web-japan.org/trends00/honbun/tj000202.html

Lefty babeh.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Deleted
    True enough But it causes complications by being left handed,My missus can do it properly and shes' right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    True enough But it causes complications by being left handed,My missus can do it properly and shes' right.
    Maybe it's more an issue of you just sucking with a knife then, no offense intended.

I've sucked at everything from sports to handwriting for years, and I always blamed it on being left-handed. I later realized it was merely a result of me being uncoordinated (and half-blind with no depth perception).
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

I'm ambidextrous lol. when I was in kindergarten my teacher yelled at me because I wouldn't write with the same hand all the time and she told me I had to choose a hand to write with :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    [IMG]http://hunternuttall.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/albert-einstein-chalkboard.jpg[IMG]
    Grats, you just dominated that guy.

Im a righty

Am I the only one who looked at the thread title and thought subconsciously "left wing vs right wing"? XD

Right handed here
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    i write with my right hand, i use my right hand to eat with.

my left hand is more hand eye coordinated, i can catch balls in it alot and its alot stronger, dont know why.

Well uh... Rocky was a southpaw.

I'm a righty though =)

Initially I was ambidextrous when I was really young, but my mom forced to use my right hand so I wouldn't get singled out as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I feel bad for left-handed people. They're in actual danger just because of it.
    I didn't think that it was a big deal for lefties until I realized that chainsaws are made so the blade is on the far side of it when you use it as a righty

Deleted
    There's way more righties than lefties. It's just that people on the forums don't push the right one. Or mmo-champion has 30% lefties :P

As a righty, ive tried using scissors with my left hand and lemme just say wow....i feel sorry for lefties who need to use right handed scissors to do anything. It just wont happen.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate how people attach a negative stigma onto left-handedness. If I recall, being right-handed is named for being correct-handed. Left-handed people have been shunned throughout history, and being left-handed myself, naturally feel very strongly against this mentality.

That being said, I feel too strongly about everything.

It's nothing major, and I wouldn't choose to trade my dominant hand, given the choice.

The left handed people are ______ compared to right handed people argument is bullshit.

It is a well documented fact that right-handed people have a larger sperm count than left-handed people.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwaterdrain View Post
    I really hate how people attach a negative stigma onto left-handedness. If I recall, being right-handed is named for being correct-handed. Left-handed people have been shunned throughout history, and being left-handed myself, naturally feel very strongly against this mentality.

That being said, I feel too strongly about everything.

It's nothing major, and I wouldn't choose to trade my dominant hand, given the choice.

The left handed people are ______ compared to right handed people argument is bullshit.
    If you're seriously trying to victimize yourself, just stop.

No one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It is a well documented fact that right-handed people have a larger sperm count than left-handed people.
    You're going to need to cite a source for that, a google search turned up nothing.

I do agree with the latter part of your post however, if you seriously think there is a negative stigma attached to left-handedness today, count yourself lucky that you live in the century you do. Historically you could have been as much as killed under suspicious of being an occultist.

I wish I could find it, but I read a study suggesting lefties managed to survive the ages by being better at killing...or more specifically that righties are less adept at surviving an attack from a lefty. Sinister indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    You're going to need to cite a source for that, a google search turned up nothing.

I do agree with the latter part of your post however, if you seriously think there is a negative stigma attached to left-handedness today, count yourself lucky that you live in the century you do. Historically you could have been as much as killed under suspicious of being an occultist.
    Oh dear, it appears your sarcasm-sensor was turned off.

And thanks for agreeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorsal View Post
    I wish I could find it, but I read a study suggesting lefties managed to survive the ages by being better at killing...or more specifically that righties are less adept at surviving an attack from a lefty. Sinister indeed
    That seems likely enough, although I bet a lefty would have a similiar disadvantage against another lefty.

You would be trained to fight against right-handed people, and a lot of what you learned wouldn't be applicable against somebody with their weapon in the opposite hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am right dominant in everything except driving (i drive an automatic so idk why i only drive with my left hand)

i am dominant with my left foot however. is that weird?

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------