Poll: Left handed or right?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I feel like you are discriminating against us ambidextrous people

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    Such an arrogant opinion. That's not widely known at all, and I doubt there is little (if any) evidence to support your theory.

What's more likely, is that when somebody is extremely successful, famous, intelligent, etc., a fact such as being left-handed becomes something widely known about that person. So you think "Hey, da Vinci was left handed, and a genius, that must mean that more lefties are geniuses than righties!". No, it just means that nobody cares that a right-handed genius is right handed, because that's the norm.
    of course it is. Back in the old days being left handed was considered a sin and left-handed people were taught to write right handed.. do you think if we were morons we could have learned to write with the wrong hand?
    i think not.

we live in a right-handed world and we have learned to adapt.. we think differently .. we see solutions where others see problems.. and we know how to beat another leftie in a fight.

being a left-handed person u should know that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    of course it is. Back in the old days being left handed was considered a sin and left-handed people were taught to write right handed.. do you think if we were morons we could have learned to write with the wrong hand?
    i think not.

we live in a right-handed world and we have learned to adapt.. we think differently .. we see solutions where others see problems.. and we know how to beat another leftie in a fight.

being a left-handed person u should know that already.
    I'm sorry friend, but I will not follow you in your crusade for Lefty Supremacy.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I feel like you are discriminating against us ambidextrous people
    Very few (if any) people are truly ambidextrous. You may be equally talented with either hand, but you should still naturally prefer one over the other for most tasks.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    The human population, yes. We are talking about a SAMPLE of humans.
    And if your sample is worth a damn or sufficiently large its generally statistically representative of the true population.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I'm right, but what do ambidextrous people vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Lefties are in the right brain, righties in the wrong. Personally ambidextrous, I use whichever hand is convenient. I eat left handed, play computer games with the right, I can write with either, though my print is better in right hand, and cursive better as left, go figure lol.

Oh and as an added thought I had my right arm completly shattered when I was young and I had to have recontructive surgery done on it, so was pure lefty for 3 months, few years later, had my left wrist shattered so 6 weeks as a righty. I don't know if that affected my left/right capabilities, but thought i'd throw it in.
    Last edited by Voraliska; 2011-11-05 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    And if your sample is worth a damn or sufficiently large its generally statistically representative of the true population.
    Indeed, however as Khanjin said on the page before me, the minority is always more likely to participate in a poll that is purely optional like this.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

i am strongly right handed... if i focus my attention on my left hand, it just feels like some useless appendage dangling there, i barely do anything with the thing -_- it definitely feels different than my right hand

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    Indeed, however as Khanjin said on the page before me, the minority is always more likely to participate in a poll that is purely optional like this.
    The night is young, the longer you leave it open the more likely it's gonna hit close to accurate methinks.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Im a leftie , but my right hand is stronger .. so i just use my left hand for intelligence and right hand for the mans work ^^
    I use both of my feet while playing football tho

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a lefty, but am able to do many things with my right hand. So many, in fact, that there are some people, like my coworkers, who are utterly surprised to see me writing with my left hand.

This is due largely to always having been forced to use a mouse in my right hand, I'm certain.

10+ Year Old Account
    When looking into genetics when I was in... I think 7th grade, we were discussing dominant and recessive traits that parents pass to their children. Being right handed is a dominant trait; some things like these are common amongst large groups of people.

Things like being able to roll, or "hotdog bun" your tongue is also a dominant trait. Sometimes traits like this aren't as prominent. ^^ I found it interesting that simple things such as hair color, eye color, and other features fall into dominant/recessive trait categories. Not sure why this thread made me think of that, but just thought I'd reminisce a bit. xD

I'm a righty, btw. I twisted my right wrist when I was in middle school and had to use my left hand for writing and drawing (was big on drawing, not so much after I got out of school). I was hoooooooooooorrible at using my left hand for anything besides holding a book or a glass of milk. Never again!