Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    30 days only for removal of GM status? Kinda... Not too nice.
    It's 30 days of not logging into a character that is in almost all cases your main character. If you are still playing the game, this should never happen anyway.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

My issue was never the pets, I got plenty of those during Hallow's End. all 6 of my 85's got the pet (at least 5 times each) and the hallowed helm.

It was that damned Horseman's helm. 3 plate wearers. 1 DPS and 2 tank alts. Only 1 tank, who doesn't even DPS got the helm.

Wish the loot bag was BOA so I could trade that.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted more than 20 squashlings. Bought the feline pet on two chars and did the event almost every day on 2 or 3 so I really had loads of them. :/ Would have rather given them to my other alts, man that sucks.But hey that's how wow goes..going to live with it and be happy for all future events

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    30 days only for removal of GM status? Kinda... Not too nice.
    I dunno - it seems quite reasonable to expect the leader of a guild to log on at least once a month. If the guild leader is going to be away for longer than that for a legit resaon they can temporarily transfer leadership to a trusted officer on the understanding they they will transfer it back.

The only addition I would like to see to this service is that there should be a reminder service associated with it where the guild leader gets a (out of game) email warning them it's going to happen. Or at the very least a message on all their alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    I destroyed like 12 sinister squashlings..... (5 85's) that my alts could have used..... =(
    The alts could've done some Pumpkin bags across Azeroth to get the pet as well :P Remember, the actual level requirement for Hallowed be thy Name is 21, and that is just to enter the Scarlet Monastery (a low-level character can enter an instance of the event boss already created by high-levels)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Just remember, that blizzard also plans to make world event pets only usable during their accompanied event, so you wont be able to summon the sinister squashling except during halloween event.
    Last edited by martinboy; 2011-11-04 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    Just remember, that blizzard also plans to make world event pets only usable during their accompanied event, so you wong ve able to summon the sinister squashling except during halloween event.
    I dont recall any notice of that. I recall them saying the loot bags would only work during the event so you couldnt save a bag from the previous year in the hope of getting the new loot.

You used to be able to save the loot bad from HH (when it dropped item level 200 gear) and hold onto it until year and open it to try and get the 365 loot, as long as you hadnt opened the bag yet.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Why oh why did I choose last night as the "must delete the 30+ Sinister Squashlings that have built up across all my alts"...

Well, the guild leader thing kinda messes things up for those that keep up an old guild as their bank.

We had a small but working guild in vanilla. Later on people slowly left for other guilds and only their bank alts and such stayed behind. My alt became the guild leader and I bought guild bank space for my own stuff. At the moment there are few bank alts of people that appear once every few months and then old characters that have not been logged in for several years.

Now, I'm checking on my guild leader alt every week or two, but after this change I think I really should just kick everyone else out of the guild to prevent my own stuff becoming accessible to someone that just happens to log in after a year or so (assuming I havent checked on my alt for 30 days). I would like to keep all the old players in the guild but not sure if I want to risk it. This is where the new system sucks.

Though, alt bank guilds with some random old players probably were not the most important thing in Blizz mind when they implemented this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I dont recall any notice of that. I recall them saying the loot bags would only work during the event so you couldnt save a bag from the previous year in the hope of getting the new loot.

You used to be able to save the loot bad from HH (when it dropped item level 200 gear) and hold onto it until year and open it to try and get the 365 loot, as long as you hadnt opened the bag yet.
    You don't because there wasn't a notice. They are making the Winter Veil pets only summonable during Winter Veil, but all other pets have not even been mentioned in such a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had I known this the 20 billion Sinister Squashlings I deleted would have sold great for midsummer AH Market. SO much for the 99% of the gold I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhwitch View Post
    You don't because there wasn't a notice. They are making the Winter Veil pets only summonable during Winter Veil, but all other pets have not even been mentioned in such a change.
    If there was no notice who do you know they are planning to do this? Where did they say they were going to change the way the pets work? Was it in a blue post? If so, got a link to it?

That said

Winter veil ones makes a little sense since some of them require a snowball to summon them. Most of the other holiday event pets have no such requirement.

......All the bop pets i have deleted..and i guess many have aswell.

Deleted
    What about the children's week pets? Those are the few I miss, because every year they bring out a new one while I'm still working on my old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah. now that I deleted so many of them >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    If there was no notice who do you know they are planning to do this? Where did they say they were going to change the way the pets work? Was it in a blue post? If so, got a link to it?

That said

Winter veil ones makes a little sense since some of them require a snowball to summon them. Most of the other holiday event pets have no such requirement.
    This is the only site I can find on short notice that talks about it, but here is the link: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/...t-changes.html

Found a better place, Wowhead: http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1957...fects-and-more

The screenshots are near the bottom of the article I believe.
    Last edited by Arkhwitch; 2011-11-04 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    "all world event pets are no longer bound on pick up."This is incorrect. Only the world event pets currently purchaseable with the world event currency are becoming BOE. The pets that drop from the satchels from the bosses (I.e Ice Chip from Ahune Midsummer, and the Toxic Wasteling from Love Is In The Air) are still BoP on the test realms.

Guys you have to remember... if we all got so many sinister squashlings... that likely means they wont sell

Deleted
    The snowball requirement was mentioned going to be removed a ways back on here with the helpers getting huffy about being summoned during winterveil. Was a month or two back at most. Bugger, only one alt on a different server never got a squash for Sinister Calling and long nuked them as they were taking over the planet. Ah well. The guild thing might be annoying though, I hope it doesn't spam since I run three guilds that are friends and family only (Purely in spam invite prevention) and I'd hate them getting spammed on my other server just because I've been busy on my main server.

[/edit[ Gah it's not removed yet it's going to be if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by mmoc65929cc316; 2011-11-04 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhwitch View Post
    This is the only site I can find on short notice that talks about it, but here is the link: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/...t-changes.html
    Half if not all the ones they mentioned as not being summonable outside of Winter veil require snowballs to summon.

If it were not for the engineering thingy that makes snow balls these pets would not be summonable outside of winter veil anyways, due to requiring a snow ball to summon them in the first place.

No other pets that come to mind immediately have such a requirement.

The wolpertinger does not require hops
    the spring rabbit does not require an egg

Tiny snowman requires a snow ball to summon.
    Winter's helper (the gnome) requires a snow ball to summon