Need Gaming Room Ideas

I am about to move into a new house and will have an "office" sized room to myself for gaming. The room is about 15'x18'. I like the idea of an L shaped desk but thats about where i fall short. I have no idea what to put into the rest of the room.

Would like to see what others have done to their "gaming rooms" to give me some ideas. My first thought was to put up a 50" LED tv with a couch and a coffee table but it might cludder the room. Money isnt a huge option. Please dont post outragous ideas that cost tens of thousands of dollars please.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it depends on what you want and/or enjoy.

Personally, I'd be happy with a comfy 1-seat couch, a TV to hook up consoles to, and a good chair to sit on while using the Computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Depends on personal taste but I can tell you what I've done.

I bought a large, darkwood (Cherry-ish toned) desk (36'' deep, 68'' wide ~estimated) with an executive leather chair. I put a comfy chair with ottoman in the corner facing the desk at an angle and a tv across the room (its an office size room - something like 10' x 12') with an area rug underneath, as the floor is a fake hardwood. One plant, one piece of art and my degree on the walls, the rest of the room is windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixor View Post

I bought a large, darkwood (Cherry-ish toned) desk (36'' deep, 68'' wide ~estimated) with an executive leather chair. I put a comfy chair with ottoman in the corner facing the desk at an angle and a tv across the room (its an office size room - something like 10' x 12') with an area rug underneath, as the floor is a fake hardwood. One plant, one piece of art and my degree on the walls, the rest of the room is windows.

I thought about that as well.. Just get a Large comfy chair, tv, art, and a plant to accent the room. I will spend most of my time at the computer.

It is a gaming room so anything gaming will do.

Deleted
    Go for the basement make a new Room of the "office sized room" = Profit
    naah add some Posters , Couch Tv PS3?? A good chair for ur desk ,

Quote Originally Posted by tipzi View Post
    Go for the basement make a new Room of the "office sized room" = Profit
    naah add some Posters , Couch Tv PS3?? A good chair for ur desk ,
    Oh my desk and chair will def be top notch. I have a $400 chair and a $600 desk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THERIDDLER View Post
    Oh my desk and chair will def be top notch. I have a $400 chair and a $600 desk
    well if it would be my room i would get a 2ndhand Chair(love Old stuff) A HUGHE TV With Ps3 in the other corner , or somthing like that , No idea Whats ur style is like

Quote Originally Posted by tipzi View Post
    well if it would be my room i would get a 2ndhand Chair(love Old stuff) A HUGHE TV With Ps3 in the other corner , or somthing like that , No idea Whats ur style is like
    The ammount of time i spend in my chair itll become worn in too soon. Also my style is xbox not ps3 ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixor View Post

I actually have a very similar setup to this.

My degrees, a painting, and some plants on one side of the room. An L-shaped couch in one corner with a TV/360 set up directly across from the chaise lounge side of the couch. My computer is placed on the other side of the room, against the same wall as the couch, so I can watch TV while I use my computer. There are a couple windows between the TV and closet in the corner.

Also have two electrics and an acoustic guitar sitting in the corner. I haven't played in quite a while, but they look nice.

I like it because it actually looks very professional, nice and tidy. It doesn't look like a college dorm or some 14-year old's gaming room (ie: blacklights, pizza boxes, mountain dew, shit scattered everywhere).

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I hate clutter so a flat screen TV. A reasonable couch, a good home theatre system that doesn't take up a ton of space and I'm all good.

Deleted
    Hows your screen setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    I actually have a very similar setup to this.

My degrees, a painting, and some plants on one side of the room. An L-shaped couch in one corner with a TV/360 set up directly across from the chaise lounge side of the couch. My computer is placed on the other side of the room, against the same wall as the couch, so I can watch TV while I use my computer. There are a couple windows between the TV and closet in the corner.

Also have two electrics and an acoustic guitar sitting in the corner. I haven't played in quite a while, but they look nice.

I like it because it actually looks very professional, nice and tidy. It doesn't look like a college dorm or some 14-year old's gaming room (ie: blacklights, pizza boxes, mountain dew, shit scattered everywhere).
    I have my two acoustics in the other corner. The "but they look nice" made me laugh because its true.