Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They could do the squish thing and then just make it so if you enter older content that was designed for 10+ levers lower then your current amount, it will buff you for 30, 40 or 50 whatever is needed %... they can motivate this with "the enemy cowers in fear by your mere presence...", call the buff "overpowering" or something dunno

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I was expecting a post like this. In fact, i was expecting it at the end of WotLK, since it was clear that stats, hp, damage and numbers in general were goin up wild. Every expansion should be a reset of gear, since we get new content, new items, and so on. Big nerfbat on old content should be a decent solution, since the problem is confined on how steep is the growth. Anyway this brings on the table lots of problems, let's see what they have in mind.
    This was unavoidable with Blizzard's the insistence of "gear resets" every content patch, to much emphasis the be placed on the gear and less on the content/design. I would have liked to seen "gear overlap" vs "gear reset" this desire for the developers to force people to upgrade is misguided at best and completely wrong/destructive at worse.

Gear overlap is were the top level gear from the previous tier is slight better then the normal level gear from the current tier within expansions and the Top level tier of the Previous expansion is still viable as entry level gear in the current expansion. Gear overlap would allow players catch up by buying previous tier armor from Badge vendors while not forcing anyone to upgrade merely based on iLevel and controlling the explosion of stats.

Example... (iLevel are NOT Accurate for current game content, this is an example)
    Vinilla:
    - Entry Gear: iLevel 55-60
    --- Tier 1 (N) : iLevel 65
    --- Tier 1 (H) : iLevel 72
    --- Tier 2 (N) : iLevel 70
    --- Tier 2 (H) : iLevel 77
    --- Tier 3 (N) : iLevel 75
    --- Tier 3 (H) : iLevel 82
    Burning Crusade:
    - Entry Gear: iLevel 80-85
    --- Tier 1 (N) : iLevel 90
    --- Tier 1 (H) : iLevel 97
    --- Tier 2 (N) : iLevel 95
    --- Tier 2 (H) : iLevel 102
    --- Tier 3 (N) : iLevel 100
    --- Tier 3 (H) : iLevel 107
    Wrath:
    - Entry Gear: iLevel 105-110
    --- Tier 1 (N) : iLevel 115
    --- Tier 1 (H) : iLevel 122
    --- Tier 2 (N) : iLevel 120
    --- Tier 2 (H) : iLevel 127
    --- Tier 3 (N) : iLevel 125
    --- Tier 3 (H) : iLevel 132
    .... Cont....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    But you'd still be doing the same amount of damage - the article says that. It would only be the numbers you're seeing that have changed. If I'm reading it right.

This part here:
    The issue for "old content" is not the players as they level, it is the players that are at max level and hitting old content. Take a look at level 60 on the chart. The gear really isn't changing at that level. Thus in Molten Core the loot that drops there and the tuning of the bosses will not change one bit. BWL/AQ might get slight tweaks but not much if any. So a level 60 today would see zero change as there is nothing to change.

However as a level 85, I would see a change in my run through that instance. My gear is easily going to drop 200 ilvls. So yeah I'll have less health and do less damage. So therefore, the difficulty of Molten Core is going to increase. Will it be tough? Not likely. But I might not be able to solo it like I could today.

This is something that will happen up the chain. TBC bosses will start seeing nerfs to their health, but a Cata player is going to get nerfed significantly more than those bosses were so therefore they would be harder than they are today. Things should feel more inline with Wrath content, but I would argue it will still be slightly more difficult. The Cata content should have the same degree of difficulty.

In any case I am in favor of the shrinking thing. Do it every patch before each expansion to keep the silly inflation in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhey View Post
    We healers start ever expansion bearing the brunt of a new nerf just to make the game funny for the DPS/Tanks, and Blizzard never gave a s*it about our feelings, getting blamed/kicked/insulted/harassed. Those are real nerf, not just "a feeling". Nerf for real the dps/tanks at the begin of the next expansion, Welcome to the Club !
    Do you really think tanks care what spells they are healed with? The healing changes was for healers, no one else. You know why? Because healing was completely and utterly broken. You had to heal with 1 spell, and you had to have paladins heal with that spell, else you could not succeed. It forced weird gameplay, weird gearing and anything that counted was throughput, throughput, throughput. Yes, it affected tanks, but only because the healing mechanics was so broken, that it made tank itemization useless. Avoidance might as well not have existed in WotLK.
    Last edited by Shamgar; 2011-11-04 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    i can see the trade chat being spammed with "WHY IS ME HEALT SO LOWWW =!!=!1!?!1" if they squish it

And so it comes..the final nail in the coffin for my WoW gaming. I was looking forward to having insane amounts of HP in MoP compared to older content, and doing crazy damage compared to other content...with squishing and whatnot, they're basically gonna put us back at level 80 again with 30k being a lot of health and 7k being a rather mighty crit?I don't want that..especially not since I was hoping to solo even greater WOTLK content and TBC raids come MoP.

Deleted
    the issue with soloing is that they want to make an exponential curve (non linear) into a linear cuvre. This would make for exemple solo ragnaros 10 time hard, even impossible.

Mega damage idea doesn't provide exact enough #'s. Definitely squish it down, and soon. Too bad there's no good time to make the change, since they don't want to turn players off by making them feel weaker, who knows what people will do when confronted with such a change.

Deleted
    I'm for squishing. And if I understand it correct MoP itemlvl's would again explode so at least with the first MoP raid gear you should be able to solo everything again. Soloing would only be a problem at the x.0 stage after old gear gets "normalized" and before the new expansions gear is avaliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiest View Post
    Seriously. Did you guys even read the post ? Soloing old content will be perfectly viable.
    How much WoLK content can you solo now?

How much BC content could you solo in Wrath?

How much Vanilla content could you solo in BC?

THAT'S what we'll be going back to.

Deleted
    Squish it please. Its going to get ridonculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Neither solution is particularly elegant. As he highlights in the article, a level 80 piece of gear will not be a great jump from level 60, let alone 70. It can lead to people holding onto old gear and bypassing content, etc, etc, as he also mentioned. To put it into perspective, imagine if the gear you got in Tier 11 at the start of Cata was only a mite bit less powerful than the newest and latest in 4.3?
    Please take into account the current expansion section of that 2nd graph. This is an issue they've already thought of and the solution is not to include current expansion content in the squish. So while older gear will have ilvls that differ by less, rate of growth within the current expansion would remain relatively unchanged. 4.3 gear would still be a good upgrade over 4.1 gear.

I'd also assume that if a squish solution was adopted that it'd also be taken into account that it would be a process that would be repeated on a semi-regular basis. Although, keep in mind that further iterations of squishes would not need to take older content into account, only that of that newly replaced xpac.

Mega numbers sounds like something out of a Japan made RPG. SQUISH IT DOWN TO THE LAST DECIMAL YARR

instead of squishing they could just go ahead and make 90 gear weaker, and just think about ways to force u to wear it rather than u trying to cheat by wearing 85 gear. For instance (just a off my head example) you could have a buff thats only present when you are wearing all ilvl 600 gear, like the buffs u get now for wearing all leather. Like maybe the new bosses require less dps but they require a resistance or so, thats not present on the gear itself but that you get when you are wearing a full set. If you didnt have the full set you'd die every boss move. I understand its kinda pointless to give every boss the same buff though its just an idea to work along those lines, if you HAD to wear level 90 gear to do level 90 dungeons some how, then ud still be able to solo old content because those raids wouldnt have the restrictions so you could wear lvl 85 gear for those.

They'll lose so many accounts if they squish item values too much. People will do the first tier of raiding in MOP and then never feel the need to raid again, because their gear will be viable for the whole length of the expansion.

Deleted
    I say the ilvl squish is the way to go. The 1st solution is, frankly, retarded - it would probably be better to just have 8000str on chest.

The whole reason why numbers are out of place is because of exponential growth. They throw an example like "if we only increase primary stat by one, people would not upgrade their gear", but they don't realize that given this reasoning, there's absolutely no need to increase stats by goddamn 100 per tier. There's surely middle ground between those.

E=MC2 numbers are just numbers right? as long as we see them big we're good? but too big we're not? lol

Deleted
    how about making gears to buff skills directly?